NHL'94 Forums

NHL94 Draft Coaching Awards Season 1

backhandfloater

I didn't see this anywhere so I thought I'd get it started. Don't vote for yourself.

Best Overall Coach - Stumpy - Incredible on BOTH ends of the ice. Mind reading defense.

Best Sportsmanship Coach - Magus - Never bitter after a loss and an overall good sport.

Best One-Timer Coach - Skoolyard Puck - Tied for 1st in one timer goals. What's even more impressive is his one timer success rate of 45%!

Best Deke Coach - Skoolyard Puck - He's got some moves that I see no one else do.

Best Slapshot Coach - Angry Jay - He was magical with his front line. 4 big time slap shot shooters on SJ!

Best Defensive Coach - Gr8199 - Devastating checking. Lead the league in SOGA avg with 10 shots.

Best Offensive Coach - Angry Jay - 331 goals!? Amazing.

Most Improved Coach - KingCupRun - Capable of taking anyone down. He'll probably soon be kicking all our asses.

Best Coach With A Low Rated Team - N/A

Best Replacement Coach - Habs - Took over a team that wasnt his style and made it his own and got them into the playoffs.

Best Rookie Coach - NA

Coach Who Stuck It Out Through The Hard Times - Magus, JJ2k - These guys rock. Played through some tough competition and finished every single game.

I added some new ones...

Best Drafted Team - Gr8199 - Quite simply; defense wins games. Gr81 crafted a monster hitting team with a powerful scoring punch.

Best Goalie Control - Stumpy - WTF? Is this guy a mind reader? Great stuff.

We should probably also incorporate some non-voting stat based awards... Most Body Checks, Most SOG, Sniper or Best shooting %, etc. Im just too lazy to dig it all up right now.

I didn't see this anywhere so I thought I'd get it started. Don't vote for yourself.

Best Overall Coach - BackHandFloater - humble in his blowout wins and always seems to be available to help out the newbies

Best Sportsmanship Coach - Matt Hurray - Great attitude and a talented player

Best 1 Timer Coach - AngryJay - Because he had my D guys head on a swivel

Best Deke Coach - EricAnthony - Ummm.. well... The EA (well... I count it as a deke)

Best Slaphot Coach - Vocally Caged - Here comes Mario

Best Defensive Coach - Gr8199 - SOGA average was 10 - wow - that's sick!

Best Offensive Coach - BackHand Floater - 329 goals and moved the puck around to get 'em

Most Improved Coach - jj2k - I like his attitude and seems to be gaining confidence

Best Replacement Coach - takeyourpill - Turned some early wins into a great run

Best Rookie Coach - N/A

Coach Who Stuck It Out Through The Hard Times - Magus978 - Kept his head up and finished all of his games while showing improvement. Gotta love the respect this guy has for the league. We need more commited players like him.

Great season guys! Hope we can keep a good group of guys carrying over in to the next season. I think a league has the best chances to succeed when compromised of commited players who respect and take care of the league. Seems like for the most part, we had a great number of those.

-KingsCupRun93

Best Overall Coach- Backhander (a most impressive season)

Best Sportsmanship Coach- SSIG (a lot of guys deserve recognition for this trophy)

Best One-timer coach- Matt Hurray (i know its coming and i still cant stop it)

Best Deke Coach- Backhander (he's made me look like a fool many a times)

Best Slapshot Coach- Backhander (slappers with courtnall is impressive)

Best Defensive Coach- Stumpy (stifled me plenty of times)

Best Offensive Coach- Backhander (seems only fitting doesnt it?)

Most Improved Coach- KingsCupRun (the improvement is easy to see)

Best Replacement Coach- HABS (lead a team that wasnt his to the playoffs in the west)

Coach who stuck it out through the hard times- edisaurusrex (again, a few guys deserve this one)

Best Goalie Control- Stumpy (impressive to say the least)

Best Drafted Team- gr81 (all the teams have some weaknesses, but his strengths more than make up for them)

Best Overall Coach - Backhandfloater - amazing ability to adapt to all styles of play and take advantage of every possible weakness

Best Sportsmanship Coach - Dmitri - made this entire league for everyone's fun. Had a tough season but still is getting ready to make a draft season 2.

Best One-Timer Coach - AngryJay, Maybe not on the top of the list for 1-timer goals but great vision on the offense to incorporate all 3 shooters on his front line

Best Deke Coach - Backhandfloater - if he sees an opening in your D, he drive the puck down your throat

Best Slapshot Coach - I'm not really sure who I would choose for this category... There are a lot I could go with.

Best Defensive Coach - BHF - whenever we played, i felt that the scoring was down b/c it was always the defensive battle

Best Offensive Coach - Angry Jay - #4, #8, #13 point leaders in the league... enough said

Most Improved Coach - KingCupRun - no question. I am still trying to comprehend how he picked this game up so quickly

Best Replacement Coach - HABS - came in right after the draft to replace hokkeefan. I know he was having some challenges finding the right dynamic for his team but he managed to make it work and go to the playoffs

Best Rookie Coach - Don't know who the rookies are since this is my first league

Coach Who Stuck It Out Through The Hard Times - JJ2k - i know there's a few others that could be added to this list but JJ2k did it with a smile in a very unforgiving conference

I added some new ones...

Best Drafted Team - Gr8199 - Bradley and Roenick under the control of Gr81... it's a one-two punch that's tough for anyone to play against

Best Goalie Control - Again this a tough category... It would be a split b/w BHF, Stumpy and Hurray

Best Overall Coach - BHF

Best Sportsmanship Coach - JJ2k - Never bitter after a loss and an overall good sport.

Best One-Timer Coach - Skoolyard Puck -

Best Deke Coach - Skoolyard Puck -

Best Slapshot Coach - Angry Jay

Best Defensive Coach - Gr8199 -

Best Offensive Coach - Angry Jay

Most Improved Coach - KingCupRun -

Best Replacement Coach - TakeYourPill -

Best Rookie Coach - NA

Coach Who Stuck It Out Through The Hard Times - Magus, JJ2k, edisauras

I added some new ones...

Best Drafted Team - Gr8199- Team is totally stacked- Bradley is amazing, then you got JR and Sweeney #1, #3 hitters in the game.

Best Goalie Control - Ericanthony

I also added a new one:

Most Underrated Coach: Scribe99 (He should be dangerous next season)