NHL'94 Forums

Division reallignment

HABS

Well we all saw that one conference was far superior to the other (overall), I think we should do a reallignment or even remove conferences.

Proposed conferences:

assuming everybody is returning

CONF 1

1 Backhandfloater

20 Magus978

4 Matt Hurray

5 thegr8199kings

17 jj2k

7 EricAnthony76

9 habs

15 scribe99

11 itsmemikehey

12 ranatoro

CONF 2

2 angryjay93

18 edisaurusrex

3 takeyourpill

6 Stumpy112

16 DaDonch44

8 Vocally Caged

16 dmac

10 skoolyardpuck

13 KingsCupRun93

14 hokkeefan

Or some sort of balance like this, could probably use alot of tweaking.

Im not sure ppl even want to switch it up. What do you guys think?

it will all be adjusted once we figure out which team everyone has. i had no idea going into season 1.

i'm leaning towards no conferences, just everyone plays everyone else 3 times or something like that

it will all be adjusted once we figure out which team everyone has. i had no idea going into season 1.

i'm leaning towards no conferences, just everyone plays everyone else 3 times or something like that

yeah that sounds good no conferences and just the top 12 make it or something like that

I personally like the East- West format for the most part.

East:

Pitts- Matthurray

NYR- vocally caged

OTT- mike

NJ-Magus

Buf- AJ

BOS- gr81

FLA- Skool

MTL-Habs

NYI- Scribe

West:

Chi- EA

LA- Kings

Van- DMAC

CGY- hokkee

STL- Stumpy

SJ- ED

ANH- Dadonch

TOR- JJ

EDM- Pill

With the retirement of Backhander that opens up a spot and Ranatoro has yet to register which leaves 1-2 spots open for new players.

With the Pill and JJ situation,im not assiging them teams, i just put both in the West with teams they desire to allow one spot in each conference.

So right now we have 7 teams that made the playoffs in the East, 8 if Ranatoro takes Hartford again and 4 in the West, so now it seems the East would be stronger to the naked eye.

The West has potential though , DMAC is improving, hokkee is an established veteran who took over a team he didnt draft and competed well. Dadonch is developing into a good player as well who can do some damage. Also ED and JJ may benefit from their hard times last season with a better draft position, better draft tactics and improvement in play.

So if Ranatoro goes east, and say we let carse in the west we have a pretty good situation here. If people still arent pleased, i would drop Buffalo (since i dont care too much about teams) and JJ could take Quebec as he stated he would like after Toronto and i would take over Winnpeg in the West.

What does everyone think of this sort of scenario?

I personally like the East- West format for the most part.

East:

Pitts- Matthurray

NYR- vocally caged

OTT- mike

NJ-Magus

Buf- AJ

BOS- gr81

FLA- Skool

MTL-Habs

NYI- Scribe

West:

Chi- EA

LA- Kings

Van- DMAC

CGY- hokkee

STL- Stumpy

SJ- ED

ANH- Dadonch

TOR- JJ

EDM- Pill

With the retirement of Backhander that opens up a spot and Ranatoro has yet to register which leaves 1-2 spots open for new players.

With the Pill and JJ situation,im not assiging them teams, i just put both in the West with teams they desire to allow one spot in each conference.

So right now we have 7 teams that made the playoffs in the East, 8 if Ranatoro takes Hartford again and 4 in the West, so now it seems the East would be stronger to the naked eye.

The West has potential though , DMAC is improving, hokkee is an established veteran who took over a team he didnt draft and competed well. Dadonch is developing into a good player as well who can do some damage. Also ED and JJ may benefit from their hard times last season with a better draft position, better draft tactics and improvement in play.

So if Ranatoro goes east, and say we let carse in the west we have a pretty good situation here. If people still arent pleased, i would drop Buffalo (since i dont care too much about teams) and JJ could take Quebec as he stated he would like after Toronto and i would take over Winnpeg in the West.

What does everyone think of this sort of scenario?

I also like the conference scenario but the East does look noticeably more stacked than the West in that breakdown. I wouldn't be opposed to having no conferences either as it would probably make for a better playoffs.