NHL'94 Forums

Ranking System Needed

hokkeefan

I did something like this with a 'coaches ranking' a while back...but it only had the top 20...then was when I had a lot of time to spend on it. I don't have the technical know how to build a program and I was doing all the calculations through a spread sheet. I think it's a good idea for sure...just a LOT of work.

i dont care how hard it is to get started but it is needed to recognize veterans and overall records especially in this fast growing site and ya ya im over posting but no one fricken listens till it is dropped in their lap...not being ignorant i just think it is very important and will help in not being recognized for doing good things and losing just short of championships for exam[ple ....who is tickenest he used to be one of best but is a nobody because no recorded stats on how good he was and another is tk who won another season but since he has lost is another forgotten good coach... like wtf

I did something like this with a 'coaches ranking' a while back...but it only had the top 20...then was when I had a lot of time to spend on it. I don't have the technical know how to build a program and I was doing all the calculations through a spread sheet. I think it's a good idea for sure...just a LOT of work.

it can be done in an easier way so u dont have to state every stat that is associated with every gm played...just compress it and leave out useless facts

....who is tickenest he used to be one of best but is a nobody because no recorded stats on how good he was and another is tk who won another season but since he has lost is another forgotten good coach... like wtf

Fo sho hokkee, these guys are rat bums. I mean whose tickenest and that habs scrub? no one knows who these guys are, we always talk trash about them because they cant seem to win the big one, they deserve no respect. :(

If were gonna by that theory. Then whose that bum Angryjay93? i mean that fool got bounced by hokkee in Gens A fall and got bitchslapped by Pill in the draft league finals. Man, that guy should just forget about playing again because aint no one gonna remember who he is. B)

it can be done in an easier way so u dont have to state every stat that is associated with every gm played...just compress it and leave out useless facts

you seem very passionate about this and have an idea of how it should work...perhaps you should pioneer the project.

you seem very passionate about this and have an idea of how it should work...perhaps you should pioneer the project.

Wow, did you just ask hokkee to do some actual work? I guess you are not familiar enough with his posting:

4am, east coast time: Drink, smoke a cig, drink some more

5am, east coast time: Get angry about small imperfections in upstart leagues.

6am, east coast time: write long, incoherent posts with little to no punctuation letting people know what needs to be done... yet never taking the initiative to do the work itself

hours later.....

12pm, east coast time: realizes he was blitzed, takes back most of what he says.

I love hokkee's posts... but I see he was posting at a decent West Coast hour. Maybe he would be interested in doing this???!!!!???? All you need is Microsoft Excel skills and an idea of what objective stats should go forth into making a poll.

I could do this if someone would let me know what stats go into it, as I am not familiar with polls. That is... if people are interested in a ranking system; it might not mesh well with some of the interests of this community.

Yo hokkeefan,

I like the passion but please don't over-do it. You don't have to post multiple topics about the same thing.

A ranking system of some sort would be cool, and as Halifax mentioned, he had been working on a good one himself. Someone has to put the time into making a system that's relatively simple yet accurate. If you have ideas, put them here because most of us don't have the time to focus on this. We would gladly incorporate any ranking system into the website.

The guys who have been here playing the games since the beginning know who the good players are. Guys will come and go. Can't expect everyone to participate in all the leagues. Don't worry about losing guys. Some guys will return, some new guys will come in that are just as good competition. It's a happy cycle.

The new nhl94online website will have a coach's career stats right on thier Coachpage. We will also keep track of overall rankings strictly from total points, wins, goals for, etc. I guess that's a start.

-Evan

Fo sho hokkee, these guys are rat bums. I mean whose tickenest and that habs scrub? no one knows who these guys are, we always talk trash about them because they cant seem to win the big one, they deserve no respect. :)

If were gonna by that theory. Then whose that bum Angryjay93? i mean that fool got bounced by hokkee in Gens A fall and got bitchslapped by Pill in the draft league finals. Man, that guy should just forget about playing again because aint no one gonna remember who he is. :(

Really? I get trash talked about always? Wow, I'm flattered.