dmac

What should we do for OT?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What should we do in OT?

• 5 Minutes
    • 10 Minutes
    • 5 Minutes then SHOOTOUT
    • 10 Minutes then SHOOTOUT

I know this is probably too late for this season unless we bring it in later but maybe we can use this for next season.

And please only vote if your in the draft league.

You should be begging for shootouts Mr. Dek Star Wonder

VC, I would bet anyone in this league with 20-1 odds that you voted for shootouts, Mr. crazy-pass-shot-on-every-breakaway. ;-)

In all honesty, as exciting as shootouts are in real hockey, I really believe that a period of OT is the way to go. I'm just thinking the shootout for our purposes isn't really a great way to determine who should win a game in OT b/c teams are drafted for styles of play that don't include deking. A lineup with strong shooters is automatically at a distinct advantage in that kind of situation. Does anyone think that the shootout in our league is a good representation of what team deserves the win?

And what happens if you have guys in the pen box going into a shootout? Does that mean that they won't be able to participate in the shootout? Or can the rom be manipulated so that just your starting lineup shoots?

What about injuries in that situation? Does a guy who's injured for the game get to come back for a shootout?

Sorry, just brainstorming and throwing it out there to see how realistic this option is. Sounds like it could be a lot of extra work that's not really worth the trouble.

It shouldnt even be in the NHL, it fks up all the points. some AMERICANS are even talking about putting in the playoffs. I barf at that thought! The shootout is still just a novelty.

Lets keep it old school ppl. Besides 95% of the time somebody scores the first minute into OT.

You should be begging for shootouts Mr. Dek Star Wonder

haha just because i am nasty at shoot outs in real life doesnt change that I am unreal in OT in nhl94 ahaha. Shootouts are word in real life but not so much for nhl94, but maybe after a 10 min period we can use them but i dont see that ever happening