NHL'94 Forums

where the F*** art thou?

angryjay93

I havent seen you guys on in ages, i only have a games wth EA but you guys are kinda falling behind and i dont see you on ever. You guys gonna be available to play in the near future? the league is looking to wrap up the season shortly.

Guest stan

GensDraftLeague Game#784 monkeyjuice(Washington) vs sciaticattack(Quebec)

GensDraftLeague Game#941 sciaticattack(Quebec) vs monkeyjuice(Washington)

GensDraftLeague Game#954 sciaticattack(Quebec) vs EricAnthony76(Chicago)

my last 3 games

Alright, first of all... Stan, keep it to yourself, I know I have games against you or [place next coaches name here since you're leaving after your 3rd day in the league].

Secondly, Jay, I don't like having the excuse of the league is trying to wrap up the season. Granted, I wasn't on a lot last week or at all over the weekend, but everytime I looked on there, it was the same couple people and you weren't one of them. For a couple weeks in a row, I was on there every night trying to schedule games and no one was around and now there's a surge to get things rolling.

I'll be around this week here and there, if people want to play, the best times... correction, the only times to get me are between 6-10 CST.

This just reinforces the fact that we need some sort of guideline to adhere to.

Example... By week 'x' in the season, you need to have completed % of your scheduled games. This guideline should be released at the beginning of the season and should be timed for every 2 weeks and after midway through the scheduled season, there should be 1 week frequency displayed.

If you fall behind by a % of games relative to the % of your responsible scheduled games played, there should be a color status indicator on the Standings tab next to your teams name (or a schedule that is released on our forum by Commissioner Hurray on a weekly basis).

Green = Up to schedule

Yellow = Falling behind

Red = Up for replacement

If Red status, that coach should have x number of days after he has fallen into the red to pick up his games or be replaced from someone on the waiting list. Of course, special circumstances for falling behind will have to be taken into consideration. Hurray will have to determine if it is just cause and inform D if we have to make any coaching adjustments.

Feedback please.

p.s. seriously though, I agree with EA. his idea definately would ease us the pain of relieving coaches of their duties.

p.s.s. despite my seriousness, i can't help but think the phrase "relieving of their duties" reminds me of an activity that takes place upon porcelain might. I'm going to go now.

I should say EA, you our the one im least concerned about, you have been playing some games here and there over the last few weeks. The other two have played 2-3 games over the last month or so. The reason i bring up were trying to wrap up the season is that all the games have been relased and now the playoffs are just around the corner and people want to know where they will end up. The last thing anyone in this league wants is for the playoffs to drag on over an unneccessarly long period of time.

As far as my whereabouts last week. It wasnt too much different from my usual schedule of being away from home for 3 days of the week, and away from home atleast half of the day for another 3 days. When i was home i had studying to do for exams and writing to do for reports and speechs i had to present. I would like to say when the best time to reach me is, but im here when i can be.

As for your idea, i like it, it would make thins run smoother i hope. Currently we are trying to replace monkeyjuice, but im waiting for a response from D and i know he will get to it the first chance he is, but none the less there is still a bit of time that we must wait out before the replacement is finalized. A preapproved list by D may serve more effective so we dont have to experience these delays.

I should say EA, you our the one im least concerned about, you have been playing some games here and there over the last few weeks. The other two have played 2-3 games over the last month or so. The reason i bring up were trying to wrap up the season is that all the games have been relased and now the playoffs are just around the corner and people want to know where they will end up. The last thing anyone in this league wants is for the playoffs to drag on over an unneccessarly long period of time.

As far as my whereabouts last week. It wasnt too much different from my usual schedule of being away from home for 3 days of the week, and away from home atleast half of the day for another 3 days. When i was home i had studying to do for exams and writing to do for reports and speechs i had to present. I would like to say when the best time to reach me is, but im here when i can be.

As for your idea, i like it, it would make thins run smoother i hope. Currently we are trying to replace monkeyjuice, but im waiting for a response from D and i know he will get to it the first chance he is, but none the less there is still a bit of time that we must wait out before the replacement is finalized. A preapproved list by D may serve more effective so we dont have to experience these delays.

Hey, this is xdeathsbloodx posting on behalf of my brother monkeyjuice, he got grounded from the computer for a week and has been busy with lacrosse lately, i'll let him know that you are looking to replace him when he gets home from lacrosse practice tonight and tell him to update you guys on his status

And Jay, sorry if it appeared that I was coming down on you. I was frustrated b/c I was trying to plan games with people for so long and the one week I really wasn't around, it appeared that a lot of people were on that I needed to play. Again, it's tough for me, b/c my schedule is limited to the weekends (less and less b/c summer obligations are booking me up) and the times listed in my prior message.

The thing about Monkeyjuice that upsets me most is that he is posting on the General Forum which means he is around. It's just a respect issue, or lack thereof, for me. The least he could do is post something on the GDL forum to everyone saying what's been going on and if he plans on still playing. He bitched about how bad he was getting beat and then disappeared. And now we're dealing with the question of him coming or not coming back. It's bullsh*t this process takes so long but I understand b/c you want to give people the benefit of the doubt. That's why it needs to be spelled out in the beginning with what I wrote about earlier.

I'll try to come up with a model soon and I'll distribute it to a couple people like Hurray, AJ, etc to see what they think. I'm sure there will have to be a common agreement to approve the %s but better to have the expectations set before a season than have to deal with disappointing situations like this every couple weeks.

First, id like to thank deathsblood for giving us the truth on whats going on with juice. we kinda figured he was grounded, but now we know for sure. At least he was willing to really give us the low down on whats going on and i appreciate that. But i think juice's time has run out and we've got to go in a new direction. We'd like to have him back next season if things can work out for him.

I know you werent trying to drop the hammer on me EA, i may have not said what i wanted as elegantly as i had hoped, but i know you got the new job and that changed up your schedule completly. Also with obligations it makes it tough, but with the games out and finals wrapping up for a lot of us college students, people are showing up more and i think a lot of us are ready to play. so whenever you can make it, i beleive there will be more people online this week than there were last week.

I was out of town last week and in general I haven't sitting on aim as much with summer being here. But I have still tried to sign on at some point each day and I never seem to see the people online that are on my schedule:

Monkeyjuice, D, smozoma, gr199, ranatoro, takeyourpill, kgman01 -- those are 90% of the games on my schedule and I rarely see any of them online when I check.

What time are you on Scribe? It is good to coordinate this type of information with the guys you are trying to reach, especially if you only jump on IM to check the status of others.

Usually I'm on evenings and later. Sometimes I'm around during the afternoon as well. I'm on tonight looking for league games but so far no one is on or messaging me back.