NHL'94 Forums

Say good luck before every '94 game (GL)

JeffBC

Sure you don't want the guy to have good luck.lol. Just do it! (If you don't say GL then post who you are.)  

7 members have voted

1. 1. This Poll is for SNES NHL'94 players

• You say (GL) before the game
    • You don't say (GL) before the game
    • You would rather a new (R) Ready rule before the game

Is it so hard to say good luck before the game? (GL)

It's a nice way to start a game off.

Most people say (GL) and (GG)

It's nice when both people say (GL) that way they both know the other person is ready.

You don't have to say (GL) before the 2nd or 3rd period.

Just once a game and (GG) after the game.

Cheers. :D

That would really have to be a SNES thing, because Gens players can't do it so easily before the game begins. I don't do it even when I'm playing SNES because I'm a Gens guy first and foremost. The GG is more important, anyway.

My thoughts are(for snes)...that my opponent shouldn't start the game until I've had the chance to say 'GL'(which means 'good luck, I have the line up I need and I'm ready to play')....if the other guy doesnt respond to me with 'GL' and starts the game I have no problem with that. As long as he allows me to be ready before hand. I think this mostly applies to the classic league...as you want to get the right players in your lineup. the juiced league doesn't matter.

and 'GG' is important as well.....I've ran into a couple experiences where guys took offence if i won by a lot and I said 'GG" first....so now as a courtesy if i beat a guy by a fair amount(say 4 goals or more)...I allow them to respond with GG first...and if they dont..I just move onto the next game.

and I always say GG in a loss...no matter what the score.

Yeah Halifax your a class act.

Halifax do you say (GL) to the person for the 2nd game if the person didn't say (GL) in the 1st game?

How about the 3rd game if no response in the 2nd game also?

Interesting about the GG after a big win.

I never thought to not say it after any game.

So I probably should wait for my opponent first to say GG.

Halifax do you say (GL) to the person for the 2nd game if the person didn't say (GL) in the 1st game?

How about the 3rd game if no response in the 2nd game also?

I say 'GL' every game regardless if the other guy says it or not....my only point is that they shouldn't start the game without me being ready....ie...setting my lines...switching to defence control...that type of stuff.

Fenty always waits for the 'GL' so he can respond with 'TY U2'.

I agree with you Jeff...I think everyone should say 'GL' before the game...but I guess if your a genesis guy like Tick you're too good for that :D

j/k Tick.

What I tend to do, and prefer, is make my changes and check defense, and let the other player start the game unless they made their changes.

The issue comes when the other player doesn't slap at the faceoff before the drop.

I don't tend to say GL because I feel that it's implied (and kinda silly because I'd like to play full-out, no-holds-barred). GG is far more important, but basically by rule I don't hold grudges - in fact I'm more worried about the emotions of the people I play than my own, because I'm kinda crazy, but I don't take anything that seriously. I know it sounds like I'm being a hypocrite, but I'm not - playing to win and playing for fun are not two philosophies that need to be divorced.

We're here to have fun, d00dz! And win!

EDIT: In my chess league we tend to say glhf134340 to signify a "real" match.

It's a colloquialism.

• 4 weeks later...

For SNES NHL'94 players.

Tickenest and Prodigyof94 don't like to say GL.

They are less of jerks because I expect it.

metzgerism are you on the fence?

Will you always say GL?

Some guys start the game before I edit my lines or put the defense control on.

Some guys need to get a drink or take a piss or get a cd or get a piece of paper to write the scores down.

We could have a ( R ) for ready rule before the game.

Tickenest and Prodigyof94 don't like to say GL.

They are less of jerks because I expect it.

You fail English? That's unpossible!

Seriously, though, I don't do it because it's such a SNES thing since its chat capabilities during online play are much better than Gens's with Kaillera, and I consider myself a Gens guy first and foremost. Naturally, that doesn't stop me from saying other things, but it's just something I've never gotten into the habit of.

OMGSORRY