NHL'94 Forums

well heres my opinion...

hokkeefan

gdl is the best lg going and i think that if options on upgrading certain things or giving better ideas to be voted on by the coaches would be awsome and there wouldnt have to be more lgs.after all we are what keeps this s**t going strong and having all of us upgrade this lg with OUR ideas would be the best ...instead of being told how things go ....i know the way it is ....is good but if it stays the same forever people get bored ...

holy ga i tought houly posted 4 times... :blink:

Edited by Freydey

gdl is the best lg going and i think that if options on upgrading certain things or giving better ideas to be voted on by the coaches would be awsome and there wouldnt have to be more lgs.after all we are what keeps this s**t going strong and having all of us upgrade this lg with OUR ideas would be the best ...instead of being told how things go ....i know the way it is ....is good but if it stays the same forever people get bored ...

hokkee, anytime someone comes up with a good idea. we ask the other coaches for input and if needed to vote on it.

are there any specific ideas you are talking about that would improve the league?

bring them to the table for discussion.

I have an idea:

Smozoma did a very good job in limiting the predictability of blitz league through two methods: have an A and B division, and having a STRONG home-ice advantage...however I think that the biggest thing that he did to limit predictability was to fix the weight bug.

A weight-bug fixed league will, very likely, fix some of that predictability problem in GDL. My draft was particularly poor, I think, but the fact of the matter is there isn't at least one good skater for each player in a draft league.

I have an idea:

Smozoma did a very good job in limiting the predictability of blitz league through two methods: have an A and B division, and having a STRONG home-ice advantage...however I think that the biggest thing that he did to limit predictability was to fix the weight bug.

A weight-bug fixed league will, very likely, fix some of that predictability problem in GDL. My draft was particularly poor, I think, but the fact of the matter is there isn't at least one good skater for each player in a draft league.

Weight Bug fix would make the draft so much better, and Ray Bourque would truly be a 99 overall... he'd be the best checker in the game and it'd make more sense...

I'd love to see weight bug fix

Either way though i'm looking forward to GDL6, I didn't have a great draft / made some weak trades

My opinion is, if you want a weight bug fixed draft league... Go play Blitz. GDL should not change IMO because it would effect the history of the stats through Seasons 1 and 5.

Again, if you want a weight bug fixed league go play Blitz... Im sure smozoma wouldnt mind getting some more coaches and a solid base.

My opinion is, if you want a weight bug fixed draft league... Go play Blitz. GDL should not change IMO because it would effect the history of the stats through Seasons 1 and 5.

Again, if you want a weight bug fixed league go play Blitz... Im sure smozoma wouldnt mind getting some more coaches and a solid base.

I concur :D

If GDL adopted the weight bug fix, then I might as well shut down Blitz because it would be redundant.

I also agree (even if I suggested it :D).

I meant that, in terms of evening up play, the weight bug fix appears to do wonders. However, I have advocated having GDL be the weight-bugged draft league, and Blitz be the weight-fixed draft league.

One thing that should happen for sure: A point system that makes sense. 3 pts for a regulation win could do this but I'm NOT advocating it.

The weight bug totally evens things out. I mean how freakin cool is it to be able to start fat-headed guys like Bob Rouse, Jaromir Jagr, Eric Lindros, Joe Nieuwendyk, Stephane Richer, Dave Andreychuck, Mark Messier and Joel Otto?

I agree with you guys as far as skewing the stats of the first 5 seasons of GDL is we implement the bug fix.

I really think Smo can continue to grow the Blitz League. It's been running pretty smoothly and is a nice switch from the gdl/classic roms. You also have to put in a little more thought when drafting teams with the bug fixed rom.

I've mentioned to smozoma that a good idea might be to eschew the "franchise" style of league that he has in mind in favor of something a lot more like GDL.

That'd be a great idea for another new league. This is the only current franchise type league. I'd like to keep it that way.

Then we should make a version of the GDL with very similar rules and format, but with the weight-bug fixed.

And we should do it while GDL is in playoff mode. And on Kega (call it KDL).

I'd be down for that Sharkie.