1. Name, age, occupation, location?
Adam, 33, instructional designer, Pittsburgh, Genesis
2. What hobbies or other interests do you have
Reading and learning, replaying NES and Genesis games, following the Penguins, other things
3. When did you get introduced to the game NHL'94? How did it happen?
My cousins introduced me to NHL'93. At a Mother's Day dinner, we talked about how great '94 was going to be, and here we are.
4. When did you get introduced to nhl94.com and the online community? Were you playing between these two dates? (That is, between first becoming aware of game, and first becoming aware of nhl94.com.)
At no point since its release have I ever stopped playing it. Randomly searched for NHL'94 related content in the mid-2000s. I think I created my profile in 2006 or 2008 but didn't participate until 2017.
5. What are a couple of things you love about the game?
Every game is completely different, just like in real life.
6. Are you a gamer in general? What other games do you play?
I used to be much more of a gamer, but I've lost interest in the new systems. I only play NHL'94 and the NES Classic now.
7. Do you follow hockey in real life? Any other sports?
I watch most sports and follow Pittsburgh and Arizona teams (lived in AZ for six years).
8. If you have been to a live tourney, what was it like meeting the real people behind the screen names? Any big surprises?
I haven't been to a tourney yet, but I'd like to so I can put faces with usernames.
9. What is behind your screen name? (Origin story, if there is one.)
My screen name is my birth name, so you'd have to ask my parents about the origin. I just rather people know my name than use an alias.
10. Favorite NHL'94 player in game (and why)?
Nelson Emerson because he was a monster in '93. They nerfed him in '94 and put Craig Janney (SUPER SCRUB) on the top line. Then, somehow, Janney is a 100 in '95, which is half the reason I don't acknowledge that game. My wife is on board to include the name 'Emerson' for if we have a boy at some point, so that's cool.