NHL'94 Forums

GDL Feedback

CamKneely

My only concern is when/If you replace a coach during the season you shouldnt penalize the new coach for not contacting a player during the week the games were scheduled.

I lost some draft positions because I didnt play/contact beaver during the week the games were supose to be played. In fact, I did contact KGMAN via the GDL site like I've been told in order to play our games and not lose points. Since I didnt get any answer, I shouldnt have lost points but I did. I still got penalized because in order to not lose points I had to contact him during the week the games were scheduled. So basiclly, I had to contact KGMAN to play our games before I even knew I was going to be in GDL. You should make an exception for new coaches with that rule.

When a new player takes on a team, he can contact any players to play the remanining games and make it count even if the games deadline is over.

Edited by Zalex

My only concern is when/If you replace a coach during the season you shouldnt penalize the new coach for not contacting a player during the week the games were scheduled.

That's true and rules last season didn't support it.

Thank you for reminding about this. A new rule will be made considering new replacing coaches with perhaps re-scheduling all the games where gametime has already ended.

Do you use a draft page like Smozoma has with his Blitz site? That could help if you're willing to include it.

To help identify and talkt to coaches we want to contact, I propose including their e-mail address in parenthesis just beside their AIM handle.

I lost some draft positions because I didnt play/contact beaver during the week the games were supose to be played. In fact, I did contact beavers via the GDL site like I've been told in order to play our games and not lose points. Since I didnt get any answer, I shouldnt have lost points but I did. I still got penalized because in order to not lose points I had to contact him during the week the games were scheduled. So basiclly, I had to contact beavers to play our games before I even knew I was going to be in GDL. You should make an exception for new coaches with that rule.

When a new player takes on a team, he can contact any players to play the remanining games and make it count even if the games deadline is over.

I guess I don't completely understand why you would have lost points for games against me. We did finish our games.

I guess I don't completely understand why you would have lost points for games against me. We did finish our games.

May be it was someone else then, I dont remember. Sorry for using your name but it was just to explain the problem.

Peace and Ga

This is something i mentioned after GDL 4 (when g8199 quit and then tried to come back as replacement), if anyone quits in middle of season or is booted at any time for inactivity, they should be suspended for the next season and not allowed to participate unless they show in other leagues their renewed dedication.

well i finally saw the first post about the draft order and noticed that both of us had 16 draft points added, so i'm assuming it could have been against you. i was just confused because there was little/no emphasis placed last season on playing the guys you had scheduled for that week, but more about getting 5 games in per week.

well i finally saw the first post about the draft order and noticed that both of us had 16 draft points added, so i'm assuming it could have been against you. i was just confused because there was little/no emphasis placed last season on playing the guys you had scheduled for that week, but more about getting 5 games in per week.

I took the DNPs from here: http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?showtopic=11090

You had 4 x 4 points penalty and Zalex had 2 x 8 points penalty for his unplayed games against kgman.