NHL'94 Forums

Blitz Playoffs A/B Cup Preview/Odds

HABS

BLITZ A

(1) OTT-JESUSPLAYSNHL94 -800

(8) DAL -SMOZOMA +800

Season Series: 3-1 JESUSPLAYSNHL94

Two similar teams, focused on defence but OTT has a much more powerful offense. Dallas offense is worst in the league by far at 2.64 GFA but second only to OTT in GAA at 3.09. The reason the odds are so high here is simply because an 8th seed almost never, maybe never? has upset a top seed in the top leagues of 94. If smoz can keep the scores real low and out wait jesus he could steal a few games with Roy and possibly pull out the big upset.

Prediction: OTT IN 6

(2) PHI CARSE -700

(7) NYR BOKNOWSNHL94 +700

Season Series: 4-0 CARSE

Two brothers going at it here. The last time they met in the playoffs I think it was GDL I remember it going 7 games with BO being the much lower seed again and just narrowly missing out the upset. I think itll be the same here. Bo has been a very inconsistant coach who just hasnt found his grove in blitz unlike carse. Philly's roster is also much stronger from goal (soderstrom) to defence (smith) to upfront (lindros) they have great pieces for another deep playoff run.

Prediction: PHI in 6

(3) MTL -FREYDEY -380

(6) TB -FLAMINGPAVELBURE +380

Season Series: 3-1 MTL

This will be a barn burner series, two offense first minded coaches with some firepower upfront. MTL brings back the HULL-yzerman connection that carried em to a cup last season. While TB is packed with shooters upfront with carson, kamensky and gartner. For FPB to win this series hes got to shutdown Hull who has been a playoff beast. And also exploit Hasek who hasnt done much winning outside this season. Whoever plays the best defence/goaltending/goalie control will win this series or whoever puts up 7 goals a game.

Prediction: MTL in 6

(4) FLA- HABS -175

(5) DET- ICESTORM +175

Season Series: TIED 2-2

For the 3rd straight season, yes third straight these two teams meet! and AGAIN both teams are seeded either 4TH or 5TH wtf! No doubt Icestorm will want some revenge after losing in four in season 2 and five in season 3. But this is possibly the strongest Florida team hes seen. A much more defensive minded Panther team that has a winning record vs all the top 3 seeds. Blake and Terreri are the only remaining guys from last season's starting roster. Paul Coffey anchors Detroit's lineup with speedster Geoff Courtnall upfront. Detroit is the first team possibly ever (in 94 gaming land) to actually employ the two goaltender tandem with Wendell young and Irbe getting equal starts, it'll be interesting how he starts goaltenders in the series. No doubt itll be another good one in this seasonal rivalry.

Prediction: FLA in 7

Got a busted ankle so yah I got alot of time on my hands, hope you enjoyed the writeups.

Writeup for Blitz B soon, though itll be hard lol

A- Championship odds

Jesusplaysnhl94 +220

Carse +240

Freydey +180

Habs +420 get it? 420

Ice +600

Fpb +1300

Bo +2500

Smoz +3800

these are done completely unscientifically, made up numbers by odds in my head multiplying stuff and stuff.

Lol you predicted your own series right, i hope u didnt bet on that, you little Rick Tocchet junior

sorry I couldn't do B preview, I just don't know enough about the tms. Ill write something for the finals, maybe.

Blitz A Semifinal

(1) OTT-JESUSPLAYSNHL94 -160

(4) FLA- HABS +160

Season Series: 2-1-1 HABS

Jesusplaysnhl94 came into blitz and slowly took over the standings frustrating teams with the 94 equivalent of the trap with more than enough scoring to support it. So impressive was this season's run that Ottawa only lost twice to one opponent, Florida. And had a winning record vs every team except the Panthers. Florida comes in after a tough 7 game first round battle with 5th seed Icestorm, having exited the last two seasons in the second round this season's edition looks more impressive and ready to challenge for the cup. Both teams rely on great defensive play. Ottawa with two shutouts in 5 games vs smoz, scoring will be tough. 2v2?

Prediction: FLA in 6 or Ott sweeps

(2) PHI CARSE +140

(3) MTL FREYDEY -140

Season Series: TIED 2-2 (Road teams 4-0)

Last season's cup final rematch comes one round early this time, this matchup represents the past two cup winners. MTL was able to take the cup in 6 and solve the Flyers. Two very high powered offenses here that score in very different ways. Last season Hull went ape vs Philly. Key matchup here is Lindros vs Hull. And how will Hasek hold up? So far hes been great in the playoffs. This should be another great series, we'll see if frey can repeat his run to the cup or Carse gets his revenge.

Prediction: MTL in 7

new Cup odds

OTTAWA +100

MONTREAL +150

PHILLY +180

FLORIDA +320

Blitz B Final

(4) STL Iceguy94 +180

(7) VAN gihtarman -180

THIS MANS ON A MISSION, CLUTCH is the best way to describe Gihtarman's playoff runs the last two seasons. Basically he coasts the reg season with a .500ish record then takes down the giants when its time to play for real. The defending champ was a 5th seed winning the cup last season, which is unheard of in 94 terms. This season he took down the 2nd in chrisknights and the 1st seed in mr san jose, Zalex. I don't see anybody stopping this man right now. Iceguy is on a great run himself as a 4th seed he took down mcarthubs in 4 games in the first round and just edged houlanov in 7 games in the semis. Even though Stl led the season series as well, if Vancouver keeps playing the way they are it will be tough to stop.

Season Series: 3-1 Iceguy

Prediction: Vancouver in epic 7 game series

For everyone left on A, don't get lazy! We want the games now!

Edited by RedWingDevil