NHL'94 Forums

TOOL: Hack Applicator (AKA smozROM)

smozoma

On 1/31/2024 at 10:02 PM, smozoma said:

Sorry, no, this is tailored specifically to NHL'94's compiled assembly code.

Gotcha TY for the reply, I just wondered cause I was working on a 'legends teams' hack for 95 to do a special season with and figured if it did work, I could use the stats from that, then port it to 94. But it's taking FOREVER to individually do like 625 or so players stats to be realistic lol. So I'll likely have to use the normal game.

Question though, what would happen if I had a NHL 94 rom with all edited player rosters/stats/lines and used this hack applicator? I assume it would still work to apply the patches if I'm only making simple changes in NOSE right?

1 hour ago, NotJustGamesThisIsMyLife said:

Gotcha TY for the reply, I just wondered cause I was working on a 'legends teams' hack for 95 to do a special season with and figured if it did work, I could use the stats from that, then port it to 94. But it's taking FOREVER to individually do like 625 or so players stats to be realistic lol. So I'll likely have to use the normal game.

Question though, what would happen if I had a NHL 94 rom with all edited player rosters/stats/lines and used this hack applicator? I assume it would still work to apply the patches if I'm only making simple changes in NOSE right?

Yes, you can edit the rosters in NOSE and this will still work. None of these hacks touch the team/player data in the ROM.

9 hours ago, smozoma said:

Yes, you can edit the rosters in NOSE and this will still work. None of these hacks touch the team/player data in the ROM.

Right on Thank you! I assumed that was the case :)  I specialize in offline content more than online, I hope to share some things with the community that others will be able to enjoy and I feel like this patch is a big help to that! I got a lot to learn with hacking though. I'd love if somehow 95 could get the same stat usage but it's really not the end of the world. You'd think it would be possible though. Weirdly Stick Handing actually uses 0-9 and A-F but the same number is used for 3 in a row, like 6 7 and 8 all being 47-62

This is just a side question but, you clearly know way more than me so Id love to see if you know. So all of the stats in NOSE actually go behind 99, except they simply say !!!! Hex 7, !!!! Hex 8, etc all the way up to !!!! Hex F. BUT you can see they raise the player's overall when you use 1 of these. But my question is, what would happen if you actually used these? Would it simply break the game and it wouldn't run, would it make the player's abilities extremely overpowered, or would it do absolutely nothing? If you put everything to F, the player overall is 273 lmao!

17 minutes ago, NotJustGamesThisIsMyLife said:

Right on Thank you! I assumed that was the case :)  I specialize in offline content more than online, I hope to share some things with the community that others will be able to enjoy and I feel like this patch is a big help to that! I got a lot to learn with hacking though. I'd love if somehow 95 could get the same stat usage but it's really not the end of the world. You'd think it would be possible though. Weirdly Stick Handing actually uses 0-9 and A-F but the same number is used for 3 in a row, like 6 7 and 8 all being 47-62

This is just a side question but, you clearly know way more than me so Id love to see if you know. So all of the stats in NOSE actually go behind 99, except they simply say !!!! Hex 7, !!!! Hex 8, etc all the way up to !!!! Hex F. BUT you can see they raise the player's overall when you use 1 of these. But my question is, what would happen if you actually used these? Would it simply break the game and it wouldn't run, would it make the player's abilities extremely overpowered, or would it do absolutely nothing? If you put everything to F, the player overall is 273 lmao!

The game limits it to 6. And actually 6 is 108 I believe, not 99 (thats the highest it will display). So increasing past 6 won't do anything, theres a hard limit.

15 minutes ago, NotJustGamesThisIsMyLife said:

It's ok if the in-NOSE rating goes over 100. That formula is built into NOSE and doesn't work right with the 0-15 rating scheme. But it will work fine in the game.  (This is assuming you're using the 0-15 rating scheme mod)

Stick handling is likely doubled up with handedness. Odd values = left handed, even values = right handed (or maybe I have that backwards). So 0-1 is the lowest score. 2-3 is the 2nd lowest score. 4-5 the next...

Thanks for the info guys! I assumed it just did nothing as I'd goofed around with it before. A few stats in the games seem to have pros and cons to them being maxed out, just been goofing around with that! There's so much knowledge out there on retro games now, including the NHL EA games, but there's still stuff people haven't figured out. Like adding a season mode to NHL 94 and really crazy stuff like that. The chase never ends!