NHL'94 Forums

The greatest suggestion for classic league...

halifax

Yep, this is the goal. I'm working on admin pages to make it easier for anyone running a league to use the database. Halfway there, will have this done by the end of the summer.

I am wondering,will classic have a uploadable lg like blitz or gdl someday?I have add and cant read above posts lol

• 2 weeks later...

Just talked to carse....he said he'd be cool with using players rated 60 or less....thanks bud.

That wouldn't be Classic league anymore.

I'd be Metzgerism's Circus league.

it would be Metz's Beer League to be exact

I'd be okay with the suggestion if you would start putting people in their owned division per skill, and not need.

AKA: If there's only 7 true A players, make it a 7 man league, if someone quits and there's no replacement available, don't replace him, just erase the team.

I was just kidding about the Carse suggestion...I thought he'd respond to it first.

I'd be okay with the suggestion if you would start putting people in their owned division per skill, and not need.

AKA: If there's only 7 true A players, make it a 7 man league, if someone quits and there's no replacement available, don't replace him, just erase the team.

This times a million.

In my opinion, the best guys in the league are not the ones that go 34-6, but the ones that go 2-38. The 2-38 guys are the ones that impress me, just for the fact that they get it. They are the ones that keep the league running, because it is easy to just leave after starting 0-15 and scoring 18 goals in those games compared to the 65 that are scored on you. They understand that to get better, they need to play. And them playing keeps the league running smoothly. Unfortunately, we see maybe 1 or 2 of these guys a season.

Amen to that. If there's one guy who is a great example...it's Pondhcky1 in SNES. He played in one of my leagues 4 years ago and won like 5 games in about 60. He's consistently played since and this year he made it to the A league semi-finals. Quite the improvement. Never once in 4 years have I ever heard the guy complain.

- I think we will look to reduce the amount of weeks the regular season needs to be completed. I'd prefer to see it completed in 6 weeks which mean mean smaller leagues (10 - 12 teams).

- I'd also suggest the removal of re-seeding for later rounds. This is another restriction in which guys are waiting for one series to be completed to figure out who they play. It causes delays when it could be simplified so we say (example) winner of 1 vs 8 plays winner of 4 vs 5, winner of 2 vs 7 plays winner of 3 vs 6. Then if the 1-8 and 4-5 series are completed, those winners can play right away without waiting for the others to finish.

- One thing I couldn't understand this year was that guys seemed to want to wait to see the series posted on nhl94online.com before they would play their playoff series even though they knew a week earlier who they were playing. Chaos is a busy fella, he updates when he has the time.

- We used to put players in league by our assessment of their skill, then later on we allowed them to register for leagues based on their skill level. I think we can do a hybrid of this while maintaining the right to put guys where we feel is appropriate. Guys could register for their skill level and we would assign our own evaluation on each player. Then we'd place guys in league(doing our best to keep each skill level clumped together) but come playoff time you are only eligible for your own playoffs as per our assessment with the option to move up if you want. We'd reserve the right to decide on how many get into playoffs based on the number of eligible coaches with everyone knowing that if they complete all 40 games they will get a playoff spot no matter what.

Example: "Joe Cock n Balls" registers for GENS A at the start of the season, but we feel his skill level is GENS B. We do our best to ensure he gets to play against A level players during the regular season but when the playoffs come, he can play in the B playoffs if he wants, or he can stay in A if he wants.

For new coaches, we'll assess their value at the end and place them in the appropriate level of playoffs, giving the option to move up if they wish.