NHL'94 Forums

The 94 SITUATION !

unfortunate to say but no one gives a f**k about 94 at this time of year and it shouldnt be this way but i think nhl94 is slowly plummiting into the past .Halifax and them do a good job at trying to help it out with 5000 invites but the truth is after the glory yeARS OF 94 FROM 2006 TO 2009 IT HAS DIED DOWN .i TRY TO HELP OUT WITH CRAZY STUFF BUT ITS PAST THAT NOW.hOPEFULLY all the guys involved in 94 step up and maybe make blitz,gdl and classic all on 1 site and keep the lgs flowing instead of this f**king bullshit 3 month lgs things might pick up again.I have been telling you all for 3 years to keep lgs short and have zero discipline but NO ONE LISTENS and so the 94 thing is slowly dying,your fault not mine,listen to a guy who has been here forever and things may turn around.BING BANG BOOM IS THE SECRET,NOT OK HES SICK OR ON VACATION SO LETS DRAG THIS ON FOR ANOTHER FN 6 WEEKS .Listen n learn and 94 will thrive.

Edited by hokkeefan

Judging by your "angry" posts that regularly greet everyone on a saturday morning I think you drink far too much Hokkee!

RE: YOUR "OBSERVATIONS" ON THE 2011 LEAGUE:

As ProBob said, the next season Halifax & the others have offered to integrate score and record keeping into the site, but this was a STARTUP LEAGUE!!!!! It's been a huge f**kin' success!!!! lol. Everyone who's completed with us has loved it. Don't understand why you need to be so negative to make your points. It's been an awesome first season. Why do 100% of the "hardcore" guys have to sign up to something for you to gain your approval? Why do things need your approval to be considered a success?!!! I think maybe a few vets didn't sign up 'cos GDL's going on too?

You actually make some good points in some of your rants, but no one pays any attention to them because it's always done with that "I'm going to be negative about something others are so positive about" and "Noobs know nothing, Vets get the say on what's good and what's not" kind of attitude.

For what it's worth, you make some good points on things like the nhl94.com home page needing updating and a facelift. online.com needing to integrate the other leagues that are going on, Classic needing to be shorter to stop the dropouts a little. I'd also back the idea of a continuously rolling, year round "Exhibition League" to keep noobs entertained 'til a Classic place comes up, with a ladder table so you can see who No. 1 is, and where you rank etc...................but the community's not dead just 'cos you say it is!

Know what'll help 94 thrive? People having a positive attitude and putting the effort into promoting the community to others the way Halifax does so tirelessly. Supporting new leagues, sticking with it & saying to the Vets "Hey, these guys are doing a good job of this. Sign up & help them out there". Helping noobs out so they're competitive before a classic season starts instead of laughing on the forums about how you like to use San Jose to give them a chance.

I remember on the forum a post suggesting a "boot camp" to teach the secrets of the game to noobs, and one Vet said "I'm not showing anyone anything, I learnt those things myself through experience". Know what'll keep noobs around? Help them get better so they don't walk a week into the Classic 'cos they're getting destroyed every game! Play exhibitions against them, give them tips, pause games and say "Hey, you're not doing this and i'm taking advantage by doing this to you".

I may not have been here long but my attitude is this: Each and everyone of us has a responsibility to positively promote the game of NHL94, and to help the community to develop and thrive. On top of that, our responsibility to the game means we need to make sure that when we've all moved on in 20 years time or whatever there's a bunch of new young guys of like 18,19, 20 years old that have been picked up and are now taking the community, and the game forward. The game, and the community are not here to serve and entertain you, or anyone else. We're all here to serve the game and community.

That won't happen with annoying negative posts like this attempting to bring everyone down.

Edited by LA Robbie

unfortunate to say but no one gives a f**k about 94 at this time of year and it shouldnt be this way but i think nhl94 is slowly plummiting into the past .Halifax and them do a good job at trying to help it out with 5000 invites but the truth is after the glory yeARS OF 94 FROM 2006 TO 2009 IT HAS DIED DOWN .i TRY TO HELP OUT WITH CRAZY STUFF BUT ITS PAST THAT NOW.hOPEFULLY all the guys involved in 94 step up and maybe make blitz,gdl and classic all on 1 site and keep the lgs flowing instead of this f**king bullshit 3 month lgs things might pick up again.I have been telling you all for 3 years to keep lgs short and have zero discipline but NO ONE LISTENS and so the 94 thing is slowly dying,your fault not mine,listen to a guy who has been here forever and things may turn around.BING BANG BOOM IS THE SECRET,NOT OK HES SICK OR ON VACATION SO LETS DRAG THIS ON FOR ANOTHER FN 6 WEEKS .Listen n learn and 94 will thrive.

I cant remember a time when things were better then they are now. We have a thriving GDL, a blossoming BLITZ league, a growing Classic league (HUGE), a new 2011 league and also a great Summit thing going.

This is the same response every summer from u hokkee, like clockwork. Ever hear the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result ;) relax and enjoy. maybe if you didnt complete your entire season in 3 weeks you'd be busier scheduling games and practicing lol

Last night I had an idea about classic league so I'm gonna let it float. 80% of the veterans on this site take a relaxed attitude toward classic league, which occurs twice a year. I was thinking about the discussion thread where we discussed using more of a Capitalism and free style approach for the league, which this idea will further. New Classic League - lasts from September to perhaps until spring, I remember how Cap Lg was a three round league and we could use this for classic. We could make september to december round 1 - allowing coaches to play unlimited games before round 2 and every coach who plays 40+ games (like a standard classic season) can be invited back to the next round of the league. Round 2 would last from December until March, with unlimited games in which a BCS type standings will be kept and all coaches who play a practicle amount of their round 2 schedule can get placed into one post season tournaments for round 3, idea sort of like a BCS bowl to place coaches in the most appropriate tournament. The tournaments can have the same names year after year like the Rose Bowl = Ron Barr Cup, Evan Cup, blah etc. Just an idea I had - anyones welcome to criticize or improve :)

Last night I had an idea about classic league so I'm gonna let it float. 80% of the veterans on this site take a relaxed attitude toward classic league, which occurs twice a year. I was thinking about the discussion thread where we discussed using more of a Capitalism and free style approach for the league, which this idea will further. New Classic League - lasts from September to perhaps until spring, I remember how Cap Lg was a three round league and we could use this for classic. We could make september to december round 1 - allowing coaches to play unlimited games before round 2 and every coach who plays 40+ games (like a standard classic season) can be invited back to the next round of the league. Round 2 would last from December until March, with unlimited games in which a BCS type standings will be kept and all coaches who play a practicle amount of their round 2 schedule can get placed into one post season tournaments for round 3, idea sort of like a BCS bowl to place coaches in the most appropriate tournament. The tournaments can have the same names year after year like the Rose Bowl = Ron Barr Cup, Evan Cup, blah etc. Just an idea I had - anyones welcome to criticize or improve :)

Sounds like a cool format. New ideas are always fun to play around with.

And Yes, this is classic hokkee, there are plenty of leagues, tournaments and exhib around to make everyone happy.

This is an awesome idea bud...but I think maybe it could be left for the next cap league. We're starting to establish league records, and we want to make sure that from here on in, all leagues are 40 games.

Not only that, I'd like to see some SNES leagues created as well. That's probably the one system I'll be using from now on due to Gens' connections issues and I don't want to get too rusty on that.

I suppose I can get someone to help me on this. Someone who'll get active and lend me his assistance for such things. Perhaps we could put the SNES 2011 version to good use with this. Would you guys agree to this, just so Hokkee can shut up and see that the community isn't dying like he claims it is?

Edited by RedWingDevil