NHL'94 Forums

FYI anouncement and rant.

fank009

Fyi, I will be restricted to mobile till tuesday, so i wont be able to finish my league games, unfortunately :(

now for the rant...

as much as i respect the NP system, I object, to the fact i can do everything in my power, but i still get penalised due to

-the nature of my "timezone"

-life happenings

-random "nek minits"

I feel offended that i may be in the situation in which i can make myself available the best i can, yet, (in theory) i could be penalized for having 0 games (although i would have been replaced after 2 weeks xD)

its a good system, but there has to be a better system. so that those who put the effort in, dont get penalized for something trivial like conflict of interest

rant part deux.

the system, in essence is a crappy everyone loses system, like i said before, its good for slackers, but bad for those buds who have to play those slackers, the 2nd negative is that conflict of interest point. sometimes life happens, and those with power have to make decisions, (having been in a similar position, its a hard choice).

after viewing the situation from the players side... i think its lazy. a cop out, an excuse to do less work. although... there is a flip side to it, finding the cause behind every game not played is a lot of work. all the followup and deciding who gets what is veey hard at times, and something i wouldnt want to do.

so, that leads us to the q, is there another way???

Hi Fank,

Thanks for the rant bud. First, I'd like to say thank you for playing all 40 games in SNES B. As pretty much all of B games have been played...the top 8 have been decided regardless if the last 3 games get played.

Thanks for taking over Pit in SNES C two weeks into the season. You managed to get the team to 34 games played and are currently sitting in 8th, with one day to go.

As for negative points for games played...we think it's the best system that we can go with barring letting the league drag on for several more days/weeks until all the games get played. 7 weeks for the regular season is more than enough time to play 40 games if one is committed enough(and actually we added an 8th week for this season because of buds affected by hurricane sandy). If someone isn't committed(ie missing several deadlines)...that's where I come in and get a replacement (provided i actually have someone to replace them with). It's not a perfect system (the only perfect system is for everyone to finish their season) but we think it's good enough.

Maybe next classic instead of doing negative points we can just actually replace people for missing checkpoints. No matter who you are or how long a veteran you are. Something like a three strikes and you are out policy seems simple enough. That will give replacement coaches a legitimate shot at the playoffs. It isn't their fault some slacker killed the season...

yeah, commitment is essential to complete the season, obviously i should have done an all nighter during the weekend, dropped some commitments with sport/family/friends (work?) begged a few people to play some games... yeah, obviously after 66 games, commitments an issue for me xD

Maybe next classic instead of doing negative points we can just actually replace people for missing checkpoints. No matter who you are or how long a veteran you are. Something like a three strikes and you are out policy seems simple enough. That will give replacement coaches a legitimate shot at the playoffs. It isn't their fault some slacker killed the season...

dcicon - 14 games logged in Gens A

2nd lowest coach in the entire Gens A - iceguy - 23 games logged

2nd lowest coach in dickon's conference - kupuck - 34 games logged

Yup. We definitely need to start replacing some people.

yeah, commitment is essential to complete the season, obviously i should have done an all nighter during the weekend, dropped some commitments with sport/family/friends (work?) begged a few people to play some games... yeah, obviously after 66 games, commitments an issue for me xD

I recognized your commitment in my post(didn't I?). I was referring to the half a dozen changes I made in snes C to give guys a better chance to finish their season.