NHL'94 Forums

How Backup Goalies are better!

1. Andy Moog (59). John Blue is the backup so he has like a 40 right? No. He has a 63 rating and is an a lot better choice than Moog.

2. Peter Sidorcwicz (38). You'd that Berthiume would be like a 10 if Sidorcwicz is 38? Nope. Berthiume is a 41 and can shutout a lot teams.

I haven't found any other hidden gems but check back later!

Blue is boosted by a single (and possibly useless) rating. this happens on poorly managed teams in the actual NHL, too. how long was Luongo starting in front of Schneider? I think it's hilarious that Schneider got shipped out in order to keep that clown.

Edited by trudatman

As said by Tru, pretty sure John Blue's overall is boosted by a high defensive awareness rating (which does not appear to make any difference in goalie performance on the SNES version at least...likely the same for GENS as well). Can't say much about Ottawa's goalie situation. Ratings not taken into account, for a while I was winning more online with Tampa Bay when I used Pat Jablonski in net over Wendell Young lol :D

I think we have a new King of Spam posts now.

and in true monarch fashion you are just crowning yourself with this new title, I see. with posts like that one, it is deserved.

I have to figure Racicot besting Roy is a fluke. Jablonski versus Young is awful versus terrible. if Schneider and/or Khudobin end up as backups next season, they'll likely be benched in favor of an inferior netminder. it happens, for sure.

I think we have a new King of Spam posts now.

Wow. I post cause I got stuff to say.

I have Moog as better than Blue due to better agility (Agi) and puck control (PkC). Defensive awareness appears to do nothing.

Berthiaume's better agility makes him the better goalie, too.

Richter should be the better goalie, due to the same Agi and PkC but better left stick and glove. However, VanB is lighter, which can make him a little quicker, especially under manual control. Moog also has a weight advantage. Berthiaume is the lightest player in the game!