NHL'94 Forums

NHL 94 23-24 Rosters

Tabs3121

I guess since no one else has spoken up yet, I'll alleviate any concerns by saying that we are in the middle of something.

Still a fair bit of stuff to do before it's ready, but suppose I can share this for the "hype".
image.png

PRE-ORDER NOW! For Spectacular Bonuses!

• All 32 officially unlicensed NHL teams!
  • A complete set of 16 bit graphics! All 16 of them!
  • Zero Thousand N/A Chel points!
  • FREE Membership to NHL94.com forums!*

*sign up required. not affiliated with Electronic Arts, Sega Enterprises or the idiot making this post.

Edited by von Ozbourne
  • Love 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, von Ozbourne said:

I guess since no one else has spoken up yet, I'll alleviate any concerns by saying that we are in the middle of something.

Still a fair bit of stuff to do before it's ready, but suppose I can share this for the "hype".
image.png

*sign up required. not affiliated with Electronic Arts, Sega Enterprises or the idiot making making this post.

Sound great to me. Thanks!

4 hours ago, halifax said:

Awesome. Thanks @von Ozbourne I’ll start the social media hype train. 

Oh no! Wait! That was... Those was... There were "Quote" thingies! I didn't want the added pressure of knowing that we will inevitably be run over by a runaway hype train!

• Haha 1

On 10/9/2023 at 9:46 PM, von Ozbourne said:

image.png

*sign up required. not affiliated with Electronic Arts, Sega Enterprises or the idiot making this post.

Great news! Any plans to (try to) implement the widescreen hack in this one?

15 hours ago, rholmberg said:

Great news! Any plans to (try to) implement the widescreen hack in this one?

Sadly, while this would be a nice change in game presentation, the most recent patch is still incompatible with the expanded versions of '94.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm hammering away at one as well. I'm embarrassed to say my splash screen looks VERY similar to von Osborne's, but that's where the similarities end. While von Osbourne tries to rip people off by accepting pre-orders for a scam product that you can buy on AliExpress for $0.01, I am going 100% FREEMIUM this year, with the most realistic version of NHL94 ever conceived. I've obsessively located the code for every goal / penalty / penalty shot / injury announcement box, and used them to deliver a non-stop parade of in game advertising for sports gambling. And while von Osborne claims that the widescreen patch doesn't work with expanded ROMs, I have entered into an exclusive 10-year agreement with a sports gambling company to deliver a proprietary widescreen view that will constantly deliver real-time betting odds in the extra screen space to the left and right. Most importantly, as an important service to the NHL94.com community, Ron Barr will now warn the player to gamble responsibly and play within their limits. I will also be offering a "Classic" version without gambling ads, available exclusively with a monthly subscription to a Premium NHL94.com+ forum membership, for only $9.99 month.* Meanwhile, von Osbourne's promises to do NOTHING to help people suffering from gambling addiction, an all too real growing scourge on our society.

* $9.99 per month when pre-paid (which is different than pre-ordering) $119.88 annually. Cost without annual contract is $14.99 per month. Monthly roster updates will be made available as paid DLC, or included in the $249.99 season's pass. Prices subject to change without notice. Please play responsibly.

Edited by AdamCatalyst
typos
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, smozoma said:

Adam Catalyst has been suspended for 41 seconds for violating the league's gambling standards

Sucker! I wasn't even on the site during my 41 second suspension.

Edited by AdamCatalyst
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, AdamCatalyst said:

I'm hammering away at one as well. I'm embarrassed to say my splash screen looks VERY similar to von Osborne's, but that's where the similarities end. While von Osbourne tries to rip people off by accepting pre-orders for a scam product that you can buy on AliExpress for $0.01, I am going 100% FREEMIUM this year, with the most realistic version of NHL94 ever conceived. I've obsessively located the code for every goal / penalty / penalty shot / injury announcement box, and used them to deliver a non-stop parade of in game advertising for sports gambling. And while von Osborne claims that the widescreen patch doesn't work with expanded ROMs, I have entered into an exclusive 10-year agreement with a sports gambling company to deliver a proprietary widescreen view that will constantly deliver real-time betting odds in the extra screen space to the left and right. Most importantly, as an important service to the NHL94.com community, Ron Barr will now warn the player to gamble responsibly and play within their limits. I will also be offering a "Classic" version without gambling ads, available exclusively with a monthly subscription to a Premium NHL94.com+ forum membership, for only $9.99 month.* Meanwhile, von Osbourne's promises to do NOTHING to help people suffering from gambling edition, an all too real growing scourge on our society.

* $9.99 per month when pre-paid (which is different than pre-ordering) $119.88 annually. Cost without annual contract is $14.99 per month. Monthly roster updates will be made available as paid DLC, or included in the $249.99 season's pass. Prices subject to change without notice. Please play responsibly.

Is Pinto or Kane on the splash screen this year? You need Kevin Hart on the intermission scoreboard.
If I see that goofy ass commercial again I'm gonna puke. Yes we know there's a sports book here in Kentucky now. My favorite is the parlays during the games. And to think Pete Rose is banned for Life from baseball for gambling.

Edited by BlueJacketRebel

13 hours ago, AdamCatalyst said:

I'm hammering away at one as well. I'm embarrassed to say...

I feel slightly slighted, so I have been forced to retaliate the only way I know how. 'Bargo Bustin' a leaked Beta Build of Adam's Bogus Betting filled game!

Is THIS what you want?!

image.png

Show these sports gambling shills how you really feel by cancelling your pre-order and for only half the cost of a subscription to his game, you can support real indie development by subscribing to my patreon. Get the preferred early bird discount by signing up in the next 48 hours with the promo code YOUBETIWONT and receive a "FREE" pin!*

*Supplies limited. Must be 18+ and have a parent or guardian's permission. Not available in the Province of Quebec for whatever reason.

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, mmeyer44 said:

Do I have to subscribe to your patreon to be able to download your rom for nhl 94 2024 edition?

@von Ozbourne and I are just joking around and being ridiculous! I know that I shouldn't speak for him, but I didn't want you to have the impression that he (or I) would actually paywall updates. It will be the same deal as last year: just buy a lifetime subscription to our OnlyFans, and you're good to go. ;)

1 hour ago, mmeyer44 said:

Do I have to subscribe to your patreon to be able to download your rom for nhl 94 2024 edition?

Oh no.. While part of me wants to "Yes and" this string, I feel like we've possibly gone too far already. Yes. it was an joke and No there will be no charge... up front... [stop it!]

I do feel that I should probably note that we are going to miss our goal by a few days, so no game today. Sorry.

As to why, well, I'm not going to say that my esteemed rival, Adam, had anything to do with it.
And I'm not going to say that he might have affiliations with Russian hackers.
And that he may have allegedly employed their services to slow us down, thus ensuring his monopoly on game mods.

For the record, I did not say any of that.

I will say that it was not aliens.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...