NHL'94 Forums

I may lose 100 games...

Guest Wags13

Guest Wags13

..but i'd never pause the game when one of you was on a breakaway against me...and then blame it on "crappy connection", like that is a viable excuse anyway..

great sportsmanship skoolyardpuck

Ehhh.... I'll take this one with a grain of salt.

Skool has great sportsmanship. I can't inform you as to why the game was paused, but I can vouch for him at least saying he wouldn't pause just to throw your game off.

This has happened to me once before... I was playing against someone recently (Jamonica, Mike, someone.... the name escapes me) and they had a breakaway, and the game paused. I swear to sweet baby Jesus I didn't hit the start button, but the pause was on my end. I felt pretty guilty because I might've just taken a score away, but it was a total accident. These things happen, and luckily that scoring chance didn't affect the final outcome.

And bad connections are just something everyone has to deal with. That is until the future when we all have cybernetic implants like Lobot.

lobot.jpg

I understand when things like that happen late in the game when its close, but there's a few reasons why I'm not even gonna bother replaying this game.

Firstly, I was leading 4-1. I get an IM, and my screen minimizes, maximizes, then goes black and i mash start. He didn't feel like even noticing that none of my guys were moving and i was taking no action to stop his scoring chance. When it was unpaused, he still had a breakaway, was at the blue line, completely faked out my goalie with a slap deke and hit the post. He then scored 30 seconds later. He was on the PP, one of three PP that were all in his favor the entire game.

On the last goal that i scored, he started to pause and unpause the game about 5 times, and I still was able to score the goal. After the game, he starts to call me names such as pussy, ****, woman, dick, and a**hole because what i did was 'a b***h move'. I even apologized, but he still insisted on calling me names and insulting my game, claiming that I probably do this all the time, completely ignoring that fact that the game was won decisively, and this particular play would make no difference. I was even going to offer to replay the game if he felt so strongly about it, but his shitty attitude and his inability to deal with losses frustrated me to the point of no longer caring about being sportsmanlike in any way. After calling me 'woman' repeatedly, I decided to block him for a few minutes so he can cool off. And if he denies this, i'll post the f**king convo here to show everyone what senseless douche he acts like when something doesn't go his way.

I'm f**king tired of this. I'm tired of the obscene name calling, I'm tired of the over competitiveness, and I'm sick of all the people who get too damn worked up over a f**king video game. If you lose a game, DEAL WITH IT. Or do everyone else a favor and see yourself out.

Guest Wags13

I never asked nor expect to replay the game you douche- so don't imply it.

Secondly, you are a woman. If you are three goals up in the third period and the game gets laggy, you deal with it until it passes. First of all you should have IM off during the game to avoid this situation. You don't conveniently wait until i am on a breakaway to pause the game. Matt's example was involuntary- you voluntarily paused it.

This whole commentary is not about skool's history of sportsmanship- he pulled a bad move in our game, I called him out on it, he weakly rationalized it which means he showed intent. End of story. There is just a certain gaming etiquette and he didn't follow it, result of the game notwithstanding.

Wags, cut this s**t out. He said he didn't do it puprosely, and you paused it and unpaused it several times during one of this scoring chances. That's just plain shitty. Skool has great sportsmanship, and from what most of us have seen, you have terrible sportsmanship. This, right here, is a damn good example.

I think I did mention something about being tired of the OBSCENE s**t TALKING that goes on before and after games. Bragging about your own game and insulting the others is immature, rude, and, you guessed it, unsportsmanlike. It's not like Carse is known for doing that kind of thing though.

I'm f**king tired of this. I'm tired of the obscene name calling, I'm tired of the over competitiveness, and I'm sick of all the people who get too damn worked up over a f**king video game. If you lose a game, DEAL WITH IT. Or do everyone else a favor and see yourself out.

Skool, you can't get upset with Wags. He lives in a world where logic, good nature, sportsmanship and most likely even Autobots don't exist. And I ask you what kind of world is that? Somewhere you don't want to even visit. Don't sweat it. Good luck with finals.

post-448-1179153696.jpg