NHL'94 Forums

Flip Goal from Behind the Net (Genesis)

Scribe99

I was trying to score off a Michigan vs Minnesota style goal -- where from behind the net, the puck is lifted and put in against an unsuspecting goalie. This was the best I could do and I've managed to pull it off exactly once.

BHF, I remember seeing that goal so it must have been on youtube at some time.

I want to put a highlight reel together at some point, so if anyone has any recommendations for video editing software I'd appreciate it. I already have a song in mind. :ninja:

I've seen swos and one or two other of the Fins pull a similar move. Instead of trying to score it directly, though, they flip the puck over, let it bounce off the top of the net, and in the meantime turn around and try to catch the puck when it falls back to the ice after the bounce and score it directly. They're pretty good at it but if you're quick enough and recognize what they're doing you can control the goaltender and stop it.

Yeah nice goal but Evan you love the goal come on.

Nice average flip goal.

I guess you Genesis guys need to cheer for something. :ninja:

New nice average spin around flip goal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7wLmFowo68

The Michigan goal was a wrap around Scribe99 you just shot the puck from the corner.

It's sad these flip goals are a lot harder to do for Genesis.

So yeah because it's Genesis and harder to flip it.

Good job Scribe99.

Edit-

As (HABS) would say because it's a Genesis goal it's sweet.

lol another jealous snes chump, nobody here bashing snes so why come here and vilify this sweet goal. The goal is not supposed to be easy, how often do you see this in the NHL. Its getting ridiculas, every thread about gens someone, usually you or trudentman always patronize the gens gm. Grow up kids you'll never win over Gens players.

To each his own, deal with it already.

Yeah nice goal but Evan you love the goal come on.

Nice average flip goal.

I guess you Genesis guys need to cheer for something. :D

New nice average spin around flip goal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7wLmFowo68

The Michigan goal was a wrap around Scribe99 you just shot the puck from the corner.

It's sad these flip goals are a lot harder to do for Genesis.

So yeah because it's Genesis and harder to flip it.

Good job Scribe99.

Edit-

As (HABS) would say because it's a Genesis goal it's sweet.

I don't know if it's harder or easier to do this shot on one system or another, I just think it's cool. The video you posted was cool too Jeff. In your video, it seems the puck goes through the net but it's still something I've never done or tried. No need to get on console bashing again, I know you and I both love setting up crazy plays as teammates. Let's enjoy the nice videos.

(Btw.. I don't know what's up with posting images, the settings should be good.)

-Evan