HABS

move up?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. wgat

• doo it
    • dont do it
    • why you make this stupid poll u fkn drunk
    • Allow Hokkeefan to draft for entire league

Why is the draft next Thurs? Most guys seem pretty ready to do it now, I bet we could get a few rounds done this weekend.

How long did it take last season to complete the whole draft?

I'm going to Montreal next weekend so ya I need to know

this is a perfectly legitimate request imo. The draft isn't exactly time consuming for those participating in it. You look at the database for 5 minutes and make a decision. You're not deciding what car you're gonna buy, it's a video game. Pick a player. But thats not even the point, the point is that if Dadonch needs more time to edit rosters then by all means he should take it. If we get the draft over and done with by next week, he has more time to do what he needs to do. Then everyone can take care of their responsibilities in other leagues while he handles the rom. I say move it up.

How about if we try to get Round 1 out of the way by tonight, and then start Round 2 Saturday at 12 PM (Noon) EST?

If we do this, then just please help me track down guys. I believe kgman is next, and sometimes its hard to find him. I want to make sure that the guys who have yet to draft in Round 1 are aware of any changes, so its not a huge surprise when everyone is jumping down their throat to hurry up and pick.

Btw, when is EA leaving for a week? Is it Nov. 1st or before then?

I don't want to move up the draft and then get to his turn and then everyone has to wait anyways.

Has dmac fixed his internet?

The ROM is pretty much done as far as graphical changes. I was going to try to put a different font in, but if i can't find a good one I'm not going to bother. I would try to update the player cards, but it would be way too complicated and involved.

So, I'm updating the rosters as people pick like last season.

So for today, find guys, keep the draft moving and hopefully we will be able to move it up. :)

yeah, that's fair. I believe that backhandfloater could get in contact with both of them if needed whenever he gets time, so i'm sure he could give EA the heads up (he left today btw). EA also said he'd be checking back periodically, so I don't think it would be a huge problem. pretty sure dmac can post, he just can't play. It's just a matter of guys checking back and staying on top of things. hopefully everything goes smoothly.

My first feeling when i saw this thread was that it wouldnt be that great of idea because it would be difficult to let everyone know that the draft had moved up and there would be a lot of skipped picks. But if guys are really that big on making sure people know whats coming up, then thats fine by me, i should be able to get a new schedule done by saturday morning, atleast for round 2 and post it up for people.

Also, if we go to the timed picks by tomorrow, people can feel free to PM or e-mail their draft lists to angryjay93@sbcglobal.net and i will make sure one way or another, your pick gets posted.

My first feeling when i saw this thread was that it wouldnt be that great of idea because it would be difficult to let everyone know that the draft had moved up and there would be a lot of skipped picks. But if guys are really that big on making sure people know whats coming up, then thats fine by me, i should be able to get a new schedule done by saturday morning, atleast for round 2 and post it up for people.

Also, if we go to the timed picks by tomorrow, people can feel free to PM or e-mail their draft lists to angryjay93@sbcglobal.net and i will make sure one way or another, your pick gets posted.

Thanks for the help on the draft schedule and posting picks AJ.

I think its ok to move forward on this just as long as everyone knows about it. Like you said we don't want a lot of skipped picks.

I'll probably be around all weekend to update the database as you guys pick, and if for some reason you can't get a hold of AJ or someone else, feel free to PM me and IM me to let me know your selections.

agreed.... BHF made an attempt to a hold of EA and never heard anything... so I we'll just have to sit tight and see if he comes on at some point.

I did hear back via text message 2:40am CT: "I'm in Hawaii. Maybe I'll get to it"

I'll try em again...

yeah matt you got it right... EA let us know before that he was going to Hawaii for a week. So it would be very unfair to him to skip over him just to move faster. Once he gets back I'm sure the draft will move swiftly.

But thank you to everyone for showing some patience... :P

Donche, thanks for keeping me in mind when considering moving this draft b/c getting to wireless here is more difficult than I thought. I just walked off the resort to a restaurant down the road b/c I got a text from bhf saying the draft was moved up.

I would appreciate if the draft didn't start until the regularly scheduled time b/c due to my activities here, I'm tied up most of the day and when I fly home tomorrow, I'm going to lose a lot of time in the air where I won't have internet access.

Donche, thanks for keeping me in mind when considering moving this draft b/c getting to wireless here is more difficult than I thought. I just walked off the resort to a restaurant down the road b/c I got a text from bhf saying the draft was moved up.

I would appreciate if the draft didn't start until the regularly scheduled time b/c due to my activities here, I'm tied up most of the day and when I fly home tomorrow, I'm going to lose a lot of time in the air where I won't have internet access.

Ok, no problem.

When are you going to be back on the main land to get back in the swing of things?

Ok, no problem.

When are you going to be back on the main land to get back in the swing of things?

I just made my first pick. I'll be back on Tuesday afternoon. However, I will be chilling tonight and tomorrow morning (it's 5 hrs behind chicago) so I'll do my best to keep this pre-draft going.