NHL'94 Forums

Regular Season Deadline Fastly Approaching

DaDonch44

I'm not going to let the season drag on.

The Regular Season will be over one week from today.

Games not played will count as a DNP (Did Not Play) and 3 (THREE) points will be deducted from your season point total per DNP. So no one's playoff spot is guaranteed right now unless youve played all your games (and have enough points).

I created deadlines, I let some of them slide, and what happened? The games still didn't get played.

Post a thread with an attempt to reach other coaches on here so everyone can see that you are at least trying to get the games in. If a coach posts an attempt I will take that into consideration and DNPs will not be given to you.

If for some reason you are unavailable this upcoming week, POST IT IN A THREAD. IF NOTHING IS SAID IT WILL BE ASSUMED YOU DON'T CARE!

I'm sorry if this sounds unfair to anyone, but if you don't want something like this to happen, then get your games in.

In the afternoon of Monday the 28th, I will post up a Playoff Tree with the playoff matchups.

I will also be sending the matchups to Dmitry so he can set it up where games can be uploaded. So please save states for all your playoff games.

Each round has one week to be played. Again post a thread in here to schedule times to get your playoffs games in. Remember the whole series is to be played at once.

If one party makes the attempt to contact a coach and nothing is heard back, the attempting coach will win the series by forefit.

Good Luck to all on the rest of your seasons, and Good Luck to those that make the playoffs.

Its not really that bad for games played I guess since most coaches are over 40 games played but it matters for standings and scoring race so,Cmon boys finish your damn games !!!! I think if too many guys dont finish their games maybe you should cut the amount of teams back Donch.Like really how hard is it to play a game theat takes about 10 -15 minutes to complete.I probably have a work schedule that is alot worse than most and I can still find time to complete my games.I know some guys work shedules interfere with this but I think some guys just dont give a s**t and should be cut out so the league can run smoother every season.Its awsome your sticking tough with deadline but I imagine it is frustrating for guys who are online alot and anxiously waiting to complete their games but they cant cause some guys are rarely on.CHEERS to the coaches who commit themselves to this awsome league!...................p.s maybe league games could be cut back to 48 or cut back to 20 teams and 40 games

Its not really that bad for games played I guess since most coaches are over 40 games played but it matters for standings and scoring race so,Cmon boys finish your damn games !!!! I think if too many guys dont finish their games maybe you should cut the amount of teams back Donch.Like really how hard is it to play a game theat takes about 10 -15 minutes to complete.I probably have a work schedule that is alot worse than most and I can still find time to complete my games.I know some guys work shedules interfere with this but I think some guys just dont give a s**t and should be cut out so the league can run smoother every season.Its awsome your sticking tough with deadline but I imagine it is frustrating for guys who are online alot and anxiously waiting to complete their games but they cant cause some guys are rarely on.CHEERS to the coaches who commit themselves to this awsome league!...................p.s maybe league games could be cut back to 48 or cut back to 20 teams and 40 games

i feel i'm pretty available... but the problem is getting online at the same time as other guys are. It is unreasonable to expect people to set a schedule to play a 15 minute videogame when they have a life outside of it... so basically it comes down to chance of 2 guys being online at the same time.

i feel i'm pretty available... but the problem is getting online at the same time as other guys are. It is unreasonable to expect people to set a schedule to play a 15 minute videogame when they have a life outside of it... so basically it comes down to chance of 2 guys being online at the same time.

Yeah, I see what you're saying Hurray but it's also nice if we can increase that chance if guys are able to give you a heads up on the forum on when they most likely will be on AIM to be available to play. I'm not asking anyone to commit to be online at that time, I just want a time where my chances will increase of finding them.

Sorry I have been having some internet problems in the past few days. I will try be on as much as possible because I know how tight the scoring race is and how close the playoff seeds are in the West.

unreasonable to expect people to set a schedule to play a 15 minute videogame ....by matthurray

are you f**king kidding me !!!!!!!!!!!!

you may misinterpret:

a. Full time job, waking up at 6am

b. Part time job

c. Grad School

d. Sports Leagues

e. Social Life

I am not going to skip class or decline the option to go to dinner because I am scheduled to play 10 minutes of a videogame. I hope you don't disagree with this logic, and if you do, I'd love to hear you voice your opinion articulately without your charming vernacular.

I feel I have been a very reliable coach since I've been playing despite my schedule. It looks like a lot of my DNPs are going to be West Coasters I can't seem to find when I'm on. What is the solution to this?

you may misinterpret:

b. Part time job

c. Grad School

d. Sports Leagues

e. Social Life

I am not going to skip class or decline the option to go to dinner because I am scheduled to play 10 minutes of a videogame. I hope you don't disagree with this logic, and if you do, I'd love to hear you voice your opinion articulately without your charming vernacular.

I feel I have been a very reliable coach since I've been playing despite my schedule. It looks like a lot of my DNPs are going to be West Coasters I can't seem to find when I'm on. What is the solution to this?

well since you put it that way I am surprised you can even play at all

ou may misinterpret:

b. Part time job

c. Grad School

d. Sports Leagues

e. Social Life

if u dont have time for a league, dont join.

its simple.

if u dont have time for a league, dont join.

its simple.

Do your homework; I've been one of the most reliable members since the 1st nhl94 league on Evan's site.

Seeing as how because my schedule doesn't match up well with West Coasters... as well as East Coast / West Coast lag being somewhat of an issue, perhaps future divisional breakdowns should be based on geographic location.

p.s. Hokkee -- not yet time for you to be talking.

im sure u have been reliable, its just that life is alot more important than playing video games. I am getting tired of reading ppl arguing about availability.

I won't argue with you there. I never initiated any arguments about availability, I'm only trying to defend reliable gamers with legitamit reasons.

My schedule has been pretty consistent throughout my time palying, but I can see my # of games played is lagging behind others right now, and the reason is apparent to me. When I'm available (a few hours during the evening almost every day), I try to get games in. when I message guys, they are either at work, busy with something, or not online at all (most common).

The problem is lately though when I go to bed, I wake up with 1-2 windows asking for games played. If those games don't get played by the end of this week, I'll make a note to tell Donch who has been trying to contact me (you have been one of them Sebe). I have no problem taking the DNPs because my availability this weekend is zero.

I do applaud Donch's zero tolerance stand though, it is definately a plus for this league.

im a pretty reasonable dude, and i wouldnt want to to take a DNP. Now that im aware of your situation, i will try to make myself available at different times.

I'm actually at grad class right now (I'm such a good student), but the prof apparently got in an accident and class is cancelled, so I'll be home tonight to play as many games as possible.

im trying to get games in. im online all the time, but no one ever messages me for games and when i do message people they are either busy or at work. so, this is lame. im pretty sure im out of the playoff race, but im tryin to get games in.

you were online for 5 minutes earlier tonight.... but no longer. tonight is my last night to get our game in, hopefully you'll be online again.

Pill are you sure you aren't on invisible status or something? I haven't seen you online in ages and I am eagerly awaiting to play our game.

Also, I haven't seen Scribe or bhf in ages either, my remaining games <_<.

well... I won't be able to play any more games unless I get some in Sunday night (25% chance of availability)...

2 games vs Donch - surprising we didn't get them in... probably a combo of both our faults

2 games vs kgman - tried to get these games in for the longest time... last night he said his cpu wouldn't let him play, then I think he blocked since I could see him on my secondary AIM but not my primary

1 game vs. scribe99 - never see him

1 game vs. takeyourpill - we have tried to get this game in before.... but since typically I get messages from him several hours after I'm asleep for a game.