NHL'94 Forums

Gens Editing the Game - Thread Guide [Newbs Start Here]

smozoma

Did this the old fashion way, back when.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DG8pxUJQ-Yc?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Does it say anything in the rule book about how far a goalie can roam from his net? Would it be legal for a goalie to screen another goalie on a delayed penalty? It's pointless, but it would be funny to see.

Did this the old fashion way, back when.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DG8pxUJQ-Yc?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Does it say anything in the rule book about how far a goalie can roam from his net? Would it be legal for a goalie to screen another goalie on a delayed penalty? It's pointless, but it would be funny to see.

back when I played goalie, one time a ref said something about me not being allowed past the red line.. not sure if it's a real rule, though.

is there something i could edit to allow for goalies to get credited for hat tricks?

The game takes some shortcuts to save bytes (due to limited RAM in consoles), and one trick they did is that for goalies, the goals stat slot is used to count goals against. I'm not sure if it counts up when they score (for example, if the goalie lets in 2 goals and scores 2 goals, their internal goals stat slot might say 4 goals).

What happens if the goalie scores a hat trick in a 3-0 game? It might show Hat Trick in that case.

cant get a hat trick with a goalie no matter what i do. also if u score a lot of goals (10+) with ur goalie but give up a few goals, ur goalie wont make stars of game list. however if ur goalie scores the game wining goal in over time he will make the stars of game list no matter how many goals he gave up

cant get a hat trick with a goalie no matter what i do. also if u score a lot of goals (10+) with ur goalie but give up a few goals, ur goalie wont make stars of game list. however if ur goalie scores the game wining goal in over time he will make the stars of game list no matter how many goals he gave up

When a goalie gets a goal, the game interprets it as him letting in goals, I think? Check out the Player Stats, and hit left to see the goalies. They probably have goals+goals against as their GA total, so he doesn't get a star because the game thinks he's terrible.

in the players stats section, the goalies are listed under the rest of the team, and shows all the same stats as the other players but under the G for goals the zero stays even if u score with the goalie. in the goalie section of player stats only shots, saves and save % is shown. the only thing that shows how many times a goalie scored is the scoring summery

in the players stats section, the goalies are listed under the rest of the team, and shows all the same stats as the other players but under the G for goals the zero stays even if u score with the goalie. in the goalie section of player stats only shots, saves and save % is shown. the only thing that shows how many times a goalie scored is the scoring summery

If you hit left in the Player Stats, it brings you to the goalie stats, which will show goals against, shots, saves, save percent.

'goals against' will actually be goals scored + goals against.

because the programmers reused what for the skaters is goals to represent goals against for the goalies, then when it shows the goals/assists/pts/sog/pim page, they purposely display 0 for goalie goals (because that bit of memory actually normally contains goals against..)

so every player or goalie has these bits of data:

Goals (goals against for goalies)

Assists

SOG (shots against for goalies)

PIM

(hidden stat: Checks )

(hidden stat: time on ice)