NHL'94 Forums

GDL5 Draft Discussion Thread

smozoma

Is Shanahan a good pick? He's big but I like his shot and his power.

DId I Mention im probably gonna get last this year :P

Actually I do have a million questions though, how do we upload our stats to the site, do we do save state at the end of the game or what?

Edited by evitageN

Is Shanahan a good pick? He's big but I like his shot and his power.

DId I Mention im probably gonna get last this year :P

Actually I do have a million questions though, how do we upload our stats to the site, do we do save state at the end of the game or what?

Instant message me all your questions and ill answer them later on when i have the chance.

And as for shanahan...hes big and slow which is a big handicap for him, hes usually a solid 3rd-4th round pick though.

Seconded -- no way shanny should go 1st round. he's averaged mid-4th round in the past. You want low weight, since low weight = better checker / harder to check. Get a guy with 7 or less weight (the one exception to consider in the first round is Lemieux, wgt=10 (he went 18th last season, i think, but 1,3,1 the years before i think (but i wouldn't touch him top 10))). You also want a guy with at least 4 speed (shanny = 3).

Not sure if I'll do the draft analysis again. I'll probably do the first round, but that might be it (it becomes less and less fun to do each round).

I guess each 1st rounder has been analyzed to death the last 15 years. They haven't changed much as far as I can tell. I think Mogilny is still fast, Bure lightinging fast and tough on his skates, and Selanne has very good speed and shot.

Belfour likes to stop tough shots and Roy is impenetrable. Gartner is fast and good shot but average accuracy. Klima a step up from Garts. Ciccarelli as tougha s they come with a dynamic shot both hard and accurate. Sweeney clears everyone but Kovalenko out of the slot.

Bourque fires beebee's from the point but is a bit of a lard ass in the nhl94 realm. Roenick, oh ya, he God. Yzerman a step below the God. Lemieux fat slow but deadly accurate, you won't catch that train lugging the rock up ice anytime soon.

Sandstrom, oh ya, the missile firing swede can find the net from anywhere on the ice. Gretzky fits a nice feeder position, very light and a superb disher.

Gilmour adds the gritty, tough one timer in the slot followed by the Fleury of speed and aggression in Theoren 'I only sat in the back of the car' Fleury. Fuhr? Yes he's the superstar netminder someone will steal late on the 1st round.

Don't look now but a couple classy ageless wonders in Sakic and Recchi fill out the first round nicely.

That my friends can be copy and pasted for the next several years analysis. :)

But I love Smo's analysis team by team.

Leetch for a 4th rounder (Lindros)

Worst trade ever...and i mean ever, habs made out like a bandit.

bah u just wait n see how many eric scores with bure......worst trade ever ..whatever dude ive made way worse

Edited by hokkeefan

That was a ridiculous trade tho bro. I tried to tell him but nope, that was his final trade, barnburner.

Watch Lindros light me up now lol. But damn that Leetch is smooth.