NHL'94 Forums

Icing Bug

It's somewhat neat to find bugs that you never knew about before, such as the pseudo hat trick I had with Tom Barrasso in NHLPA '93.

Not sure if any of you experienced this one before. I was playing against a friend last night, and I made a long pass that would become icing if his players touch the puck. I skated behind his net, ready to get the puck. I hit the C button to cross-check his skater, who was ready to touch the puck. Does my player cross-check his skater? NO. My skater one-times the puck from behind the net and it goes around the boards and back to the blue line in the attack zone.

One of his forwards grabbed the puck at the blue line, and ICING is called against me. I've seen plenty of weird stuff since the game's original release; however, this was the first time I ever encountered this icing bug.

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.............Thats happened to me once or twice.

a bug ive been meaning to upload...is my friend and i were playing some exb. and everytime i won my players pulled a cup out of there sleeves and paraded with it :P

He was not a fan of that at all.

Happened like 6 games in a row.

It's somewhat neat to find bugs that you never knew about before, such as the pseudo hat trick I had with Tom Barrasso in NHLPA '93.

Not sure if any of you experienced this one before. I was playing against a friend last night, and I made a long pass that would become icing if his players touch the puck. I skated behind his net, ready to get the puck. I hit the C button to cross-check his skater, who was ready to touch the puck. Does my player cross-check his skater? NO. My skater one-times the puck from behind the net and it goes around the boards and back to the blue line in the attack zone.

One of his forwards grabbed the puck at the blue line, and ICING is called against me. I've seen plenty of weird stuff since the game's original release; however, this was the first time I ever encountered this icing bug.

yeah you know whats funny with that glitch? I happend also in the new nhl games (06-08), not in 09 tought, EA finnaly fixed that!

Guest Wags13
Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.............Thats happened to me once or twice.

a bug ive been meaning to upload...is my friend and i were playing some exb. and everytime i won my players pulled a cup out of there sleeves and paraded with it :P

He was not a fan of that at all.

Happened like 6 games in a row.

Your friend must be pretty bad at nhl94 for you to beat him 6 times in a row... :P

I've seen this bug as well, though I haven't mentioned it on the bugs page. This happens because the one timer pass isn't considered to be touched by the skater (go figure). If you notice, one timer shots aren't always recorded as a shot on goal in the stats either.

-Evan

Your friend must be pretty bad at nhl94 for you to beat him 6 times in a row... :P

Hes about as good as you.

And One timers don't register as completed passes because the player technically doesnt have possession of the puck before he shoots.

Why they programmed it like that...i dunno.

And One timers don't register as completed passes because the player technically doesnt have possession of the puck before he shoots.

i think it's an oversight

Guest Wags13

Are you sure? Cause I whoop your ass everytime we play shaft-shift-gihtar-whateveryouare -man

As a result of that I think you'll find in most leagues the higher passing % teams are the less frequent to one timer.

In GDL All Tim Stats I think the top 3 (BHF, DMAC and myself) don't attempt nearly as many one timers per game as say AJ, Habs, Sebe or Jrod.

As a result of that I think you'll find in most leagues the higher passing % teams are the less frequent to one timer.

In GDL All Tim Stats I think the top 3 (BHF, DMAC and myself) don't attempt nearly as many one timers per game as say AJ, Habs, Sebe or Jrod.

heyhey i'm 4th all time in GDL onetimer attempts, and all the guys above me have an extra season under their belt :P

(let's not talk about my onetimer GOALS ranking, though)

Yeah, Dmac was Bure all the way, so he was just deking out, so are you, and i never played BHF.