NHL'94 Forums

who goes number one in the draft?

halifax

9 members have voted

1. 1. who do the islanders draft?

• Tavares
    • Hedman
    • Duchene

I would have think Tavares. But recently there have been rumblings of Hedman and today it was suggested that it could be Duchene.

Who's your pick?

Personally, i would think Tavares, not that i think he's better (I personally would go for Hedman), but i think the Islanders' Owner would want to catch a break and make some quick money with Tavares, who normally should bring in more spectators (short term) to the Nassau Mausoleum (Nickname given by Isles fans).

I think the islanders will take Tavares but I don't think it's the right pick

I have had the privillege of watching tavares in London and he is way over hyped

he will be a goal scorer for your team but he doesn't skate

when I go out to thier practices Tavares is lazy to

but he was very good in the world juniors

...and If ur KGMAN its Modano.

I have to agree with bure, Tavares will get picked, but id go with Hedman!

Its all about the Benjamins baby!!!

We should do like an ancient flyers GM, and to Protest against the hype...! By Drafting an fictional player from Tokyo.

We should do like an ancient flyers GM, and to Protest against the hype...! By Drafting an fictional player from Tokyo.

That was actually Punch Imlach with the Sabres. But I agree with you. The Tokyo Katanas haven't had a player drafted from them in 25 years and are long overdue.

That was actually Punch Imlach with the Sabres. But I agree with you. The Tokyo Katanas haven't had a player drafted from them in 25 years and are long overdue.

No, there was also a guy from Tokyo, totally invented lol :P But Punch Imlach is fun

The weirdest guy that i saw that WAS NOT a joke

IS!!!!!

ROBIN BIG SNAKE (Kept his native american name)

No, there was also a guy from Tokyo, totally invented lol :P But Punch Imlach is fun

ROBIN BIG SNAKE (Kept his native american name)

Punch Imlach was the General Manager of the Sabres. And he was the one who drafted Taro Tsujimoto in 1974, the fake Japanese guy you are referring to.

What's even more hilarious is that "Taro" was drafted 183rd overall, making a fake player a higher draft pick than Pavol Demitra, Nik Khabibulin, Dominik Hasek, Henrik Zetterberg etc.