NHL'94 Forums

The rom is done!

CamKneely

GDL 6 Gametime rules

For every week there's 60 games to be played, 5 for each player.

For every game in the league there's a gametime.

Gametime for each game is the week the game is played in. Gametimes can be found at Schedule-page.

You are responsible for contacting your opponents VIA THIS SITE and settle your gaming times with them.

If you fail to do so AND if the game isn't played after the gametime has passed,

YOU WILL LOSE THE GAME BY FORFEITING!

If you are unable to play your games in certain week, make sure you'll inform your opponent about it VIA THIS SITE, and you can then play the games later without having to forfeit the game.

Your every private message to your opponents can and will be viewed by the commissioners of GDL (Vocally Caged & swos) if the game is not played in time and will be dealt swiftly and accordingly.

To ease up the load of games the schedule is designed so that you will always have 2 games against one opponent at once, so you will be able to play both games at the same time.

People who don't get their games in will be dealt with in "three strikes and you're out" fashion. If you lose a game via forfeit due to not contacting your opponent, that's a strike. If it happens three times, you will be replaced by the first person on the waiting list.

All games must be recorded and the .krec file sent to dsnyd1987@gmail.com in addition to being logged. If you don't know how to record, see smozoma's tutorial on Evan's site.

Record every game?? I dunno if I can manage. Well, generating the video file I can do and send it. Otherwise, we have to make arrangements with the other player to see if he can deliver the recording. Is the tutorial complete? There's still some final stuff I don't understand and which program should I use to compress the videos.

And you didn't change the coaches list before the title screen.

Record every game?? I dunno if I can manage. Well, generating the video file I can do and send it. Otherwise, we have to make arrangements with the other player to see if he can deliver the recording. Is the tutorial complete? There's still some final stuff I don't understand and which program should I use to compress the videos.

You don't need to compress the video. All you need to do is put a checkmark next to "Record Game" before starting the game in the Kaillera (netplay) window. This creates a .KREC file (which is typically just around 200kb in size)

I think the idea is that VC or someone will come up with a system for converting all the KRECs into AVIs and putting them on Youtube... so the entire season would be on Youtube. Pretty cool idea, but a lot of work for someone as the GDL season is around 650 games, I think.

Yeah all you have to do is check the box and send me the .krec file, I'll do the dirty work. (me being SOH, forgot to re-login)

Thanks for this Voc, as if everybody didn't already think that you, me, Carse, MattHurray, Wags, and Stan1sh were all the same person. Hi-five! :)