NHL'94 Forums

SJ vs CHI

RedWingDevil

The only conference that wasn't as nuts was the Western Conference. Both the 1st and 2nd seeds are engaged in the first game right now.

IMO, here are the keys for each team to achieve victory to reach the Stanley Cup finals:

San Jose

* Overwhelm Niemi with speed. If the Sharks can get him quickly by blazing past the Hawks D, they will be able to make some good shots at Niemi and score.

* Nabokov has to step up. He's played pretty well so far, but this is the time the Sharks will depend on him to get to the next level and keep their net safe.

* The Big 3 must bring their A game. If there are 3 individuals that can give the spark that the Sharks needs, its Thorton, Marleau and Heatley. If their supporting cast steps up, all the better.

* Everyone is accounted for, and I do mean EVERYONE. The Sharks have to keep an eye out for each and every player of the Hawks besides Toews and Kane; guys like Ladd, Versteeg, Byfulgien, Sharp and Brower can surprise you if you're not looking. And yes, I'm also including Hossa, as crazy as this may sound.

Chicago

* Never be affraid to bring it. The Hawks have a strong physical game and they can match up with the Sharks well. They should try to shake up San Jose's Big 3.

* Niemi's play on net is key. He's gotta stay on his toes and keep playing well, 'cause the Sharks will go all out when given half a chance.

* The Blackhawks' defense must be up to the challenge. SJ is more than just a 3-man show, so their hitmen must be able to give the big hit when they must.

* Grind out the Sharks. If the Hawks can hold on, they can get a key turnover or a bad play and capitalize for that big goal.

Anyone else want to give their input?

Edited by RedWingDevil

Guess I'm the only guy who gives a crap about these Conference Finals, but someone will catch on eventually.

Will the Hawks carry some momentium today or the Sharks stop them today?

uhhh...errr...ill get back to you after tonight.

After watching the first 2 games, i could really break this series down...instead though ill just say that the sharks are 0-5 all time at home in conference finals games...now if you'll excuse me IM gonna go breakdown.

Hey peeps, Hawks fan here. This team has been downright scary to be a fan of this year. I'm very proud of them so far, they need to keep up the hard work and smart play. The Sharks are a formidable opponent who are going to be very difficult in the upcoming games playing in total desperation mode. This series is far from over! Hope the Hawks see it that way soon.

Niemi proved to be a wall again and Byfuglien always seems to show up in the clutch on these playoffs. Probably the best game the Sharks had these series, but unless they can really muster a comeback, it's gonna be over soon.

And the Blackhawks are going to the finals! I guess there will be another Chicago team that has a chance to end a drought.