NHL'94 Forums

NHL94.com coach rankings

This set of ratings is made by averaging of the ratings from the most recently-completed Classic, GDL, and Blitz seasons.

post-253-1274221534_thumb.png

kgman is the current leader, followed by angryjay93, Carse, Icestorm NHL94, and canadiensfan66.

Where a coach has not played in a league, he is given an overall rating of his average of his played-in leagues, minus 50 points (50 ponits is equivalent to 1 ranking position, so it's as though his average finish in the other leagues is 1 lower than in his played-in leagues). This value is shown in grey italics

Possible criticisms of the rankings...

it's hard to get into GDL and Blitz, so some guys' ratings are hurt by only being in one or two leagues. Guys like AJ and Carse purposely take expansion teams in Classic to have a tougher challenge, so don't finish as highly as they otherwise would if they took average teams; AJ had a 'bum's only' season in Blitz, as well; and kgman makes some strange draft picks in GDL and I'm not sure if that's for the challenge or if he actually likes those players...

Edited by smozoma

Guys like AJ and Carse purposely take expansion teams in Classic to have a tougher challenge, so don't finish as highly as they otherwise would if they took average teams.

That goes for Blitz as well chief. ;)

That goes for Blitz as well chief. B)

Oh yeah, thats right, you took Ottawa and got swept in 4 ;)

Guys like AJ and Carse purposely take expansion teams in Classic to have a tougher challenge, so don't finish as highly as they otherwise would if they took average teams.

That goes for Blitz as well chief. ;)

Oh yeah, AJ first season champ with players who were drafted 229th to 240th! And had to keep 6 of those guys for season 2...

Edited by smozoma

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't I get a boost by winning Blitz Season 4 in B?

Didn't I get a boost by winning Blitz Season 4 in B?

Check the graphic. Your GDL6 ranking is dragging you down.

Once GDL7 is over, I'll update things, and maybe you'll move up.

Also, some of the past coaches who don't play anymore will have their rankings "expire" for not playing in the past 4 seasons of anything.

Guest Wags13

Very interesting smoz.. good work.. I always considered myself right in the middle of the community and I literally am with these rankings..

I think the no play penalty should be a little steeper.. kgman's classic rank is the highest of anyone despite not even playing in the league

Agreed; maybe near the top I'll penalize them 100 points instead of 50...