NHL'94 Forums

Player Videos for the Blitz site

smozoma

One of the features I added to the Blitz site late last season was the ability to add a video to each player's page. For example, here's Cam Neely's page.

It would take me a long time to try to find videos for every player, so I'm delegating that to you guys!

Please post youtube links to videos of the players on your teams.

Some guidelines...

1. Favour videos of the player from around 1993-94, and when he plays for his NHL'94 team. I.e, try to avoid submitting a CuJo highlight video from his Toronto years (he was on STL in NHL'94), unless it's the only video of him you can find.
  2. Many players only have videos supplied by hockeyfights.com. If your guy only has fight videos, try to get one where he fights another guy from NHL'94. It's also nice if he wins the fight :)
  3. If there's no 'perfect' video, maybe supply me with 2-3 videos and I'll pick one.
  4. If there's a bunch of boring stuff at the start of the video, then tell me around what time in the video the player shows up. I can make the video skip straight to that time on his page.

If you find more videos later, please edit your original post and then just PM or AIM me to tell me you updated it.

EDIT:

Also, the new forum automatically embeds youtube videos, so instead of posting the link directly, can you please use the link button (next to the smiley button in the editor) and put the player's name as the "Link Text" and the link as URL (like I did with the Cam Neely link up above).

Thanks!

Question! What if the player featured in the video he was in the different team from what the roster in '94 indicated?

Question! What if the player featured in the video he was in the different team from what the roster in '94 indicated?

If you can't find any decent video from his NHL'94 team, then try to get one from a season close to the 94 game era, even though he may be on a different team.

Geoff Courtnall: youtube.com/watch?v=IueAsvfYIQY&feature=related

Chris Chelios: youtube.com/watch?v=ntMIJikdzqw

Kirk Muller: youtube.com/watch?v=z4GC_J4wOsg

Valeri Kamensky: youtube.com/watch?v=nOB7QoDdI0Y

Gord 'ouch' Murphy: youtube.com/watch?v=8Vyhbdz14U8

Claude Lemieux: youtube.com/watch?v=8_p1ZAegYjU&feature=related

Bob Rouse: http: youtube.com/watch?v=-2Q2BopgrLw

Mikael Tatarinov: www.youtube.com/watch?v=M031f5YnT6g

Keith Tkachuk: www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwY5JpwsxLo&feature=related

Pat Falloon: www.youtube.com/watch?v=e17WPCzk1RA :30-:47

wendell Young: www.youtube.com/watch?v=htQqwZZk8S0 2:50-3:27

Arturs Irbe: www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDz-ytkcIXg

It would be hilarious to find videos of McSorely and Probert slugging out with someone when in '94 fighting was outlawed at the time.

Steve Larmer: youtube.com/watch?v=igcSrHDTnSI Best one I could find. The first one had a penalty shot when he was with the Rangers and two others he was in fights

Scott Stevens: youtube.com/watch?v=AnV1ohMbkyk&p=42C63B608A34EE96&playnext=1&index=65 What better way to honor Captain Crunch than a top 10 biggest hits?

Joe Sakic: youtube.com/watch?v=xF2mN8ZI-1g&feature=related Another top 10 video, this time for good old Super Joe.

Steve Yzerman: youtube.com/watch?v=K-aCYlVKH2s 4 goals against the Oilers in 1990. Ouch!

Jaromir Jagr: youtube.com/watch?v=oDX0pxdidB4 Another top 10 video. Fear the mullet!

For now, that's all the vids I can find. Will try more tomorrow. Same with Icestorm's vids, add the www. thingie in the links.

Thanks for not embedding the videos (would have killed by browser loading so many videos!), but instead of cutting off the http:// to prevent embedding, can you guys please use the link button in the editor (it looks like a few chain links, next to the smiley), and put player's name as the Link Text? Then i can click the links instead of copy/paste. thanks!

example:

Thanks for not embedding the videos (would have killed by browser loading so many videos!), but instead of cutting off the http:// to prevent embedding, can you guys please use the link button in the editor (it looks like a few chain links, next to the smiley), and put player's name as the Link Text? Then i can click the links instead of copy/paste. thanks!

example:

Cam Neely

Yeah, no problem. It's just that since I can only post two YouTube videos, I couldn't post the links because of the media file limits, so both Icestorm and me did the links like so to finish posting.

Yeah, no problem. It's just that since I can only post two YouTube videos, I couldn't post the links because of the media file limits, so both Icestorm and me did the links like so to finish posting.

gretz5

please use the link button to name your links, in order to prevent embedding. this gets around the media limit.

• 1 month later...

Geoff Courtnall: youtube.com/watch?v=IueAsvfYIQY&feature=related

Chris Chelios: youtube.com/watch?v=ntMIJikdzqw

Kirk Muller: youtube.com/watch?v=z4GC_J4wOsg

Valeri Kamensky: youtube.com/watch?v=nOB7QoDdI0Y

Gord 'ouch' Murphy: youtube.com/watch?v=8Vyhbdz14U8

Claude Lemieux: youtube.com/watch?v=8_p1ZAegYjU&feature=related

Bob Rouse: http: youtube.com/watch?v=-2Q2BopgrLw

Mikael Tatarinov: www.youtube.com/watch?v=M031f5YnT6g

Keith Tkachuk: www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwY5JpwsxLo&feature=related

Pat Falloon: www.youtube.com/watch?v=e17WPCzk1RA :30-:47

wendell Young: www.youtube.com/watch?v=htQqwZZk8S0 2:50-3:27

Arturs Irbe: www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDz-ytkcIXg

OK I finally got around to this.

I added these videos (except I changed the Murphy one to one where he doesn't die)

Arturs Irbe etc..

RWD's videos up next...

If you want videos for your players, please use the link button to post multiple youtube links (i.e., don't embed the video.. write the name, select it, click the link button (looks like a chain), and add the URL)

I had forgotten about this thread. I think I'll find some more videos to post over the weekend; I've been rather engrossed with Batman: Arkham Asylum. Game kicks tons of ass.

I brought in a few more vids for the site!

Esa Tikkanen

Jari Kurri

kurri1

kurri2

No.2 actually seems pretty better. You can use that one.

Teemu Selãnne

Peter Bondra

Tom Barrasso

barrasso2

Grant Fuhr

fuhr1

Edited by RedWingDevil

Steve Larmer: youtube.com/watch?v=igcSrHDTnSI Best one I could find. The first one had a penalty shot when he was with the Rangers and two others he was in fights

Scott Stevens: youtube.com/watch?v=AnV1ohMbkyk&p=42C63B608A34EE96&playnext=1&index=65 What better way to honor Captain Crunch than a top 10 biggest hits?

I added videos for larmer and stevens since they're on your team.

I'm hoping you guys can do the time-consuming work for me of tracking down appropriate videos for the obscure players on your teams

I'll certainly try, although it's going to be a little tough to find something good for players like say, Robert Dirk or Semak, unless you don't mind videos with old footage.

I'll certainly try, although it's going to be a little tough to find something good for players like say, Robert Dirk or Semak, unless you don't mind videos with old footage.

old footage is fine. around 92-94 is best, but for some guys i know i can't be too picky.

there are actually lots of Dirk videos, just pick one. I couldn't find any Semak ones at all, though.

• 2 weeks later...

John Vanbiesbrouck

booze

Bill Ranford

A long one, I know. Couldn't find a better, shorter one.

Don Beaupre

beaupre

Part of a brawl between Flyers and Caps in 1990. I could add his shutout when we was with the Senators.

Kirk McLean

One of the best videos of McLean

Curtis Joseph

You may not enjoy that one if you're a Hawks fan

cujo3

Big fight between CuJo and Cheveldae. Speaking of Chevy...

Tim Cheveldae

It does feature some good saves by Chevy. I wish there were more highlights, though.

Jon Casey

Another video from the Stars-Red Wings series in 1992. I hate that YouTube has more videos of some cockamamie singer who just happens to share the same name and I'm not gonna show the classic winning OT shot by Yzerman in 1997.

Chris Terreri

Short but sweet. Nice saves from Terreri.

That's all the videos from goalies for now!