NHL'94 Forums

Play hockey! Drink Molson.

shaftman

I was going to say that the quote, "As you'd know, Molson Canadian is really synonymous with hockey -- it has been for decades" is news to me, but then I remembered my Blitz boxscores page Three Stars: http://www.blitz94.com/boxscore.asp?gameid=3580

(but still, to use the word synonymous, i.e., that Molson == hockey, is silly)

NHL on ESPN next season, thatll be some real news.

Would be perfect if the league can get it done, as NFL and NBA might be on strike/lockouts.

They MUST get a deal done with ESPN if they want to see some big things.

Yeah I agree. I don't get why they can't have games on Versucks and ESPN like the NBA does with TNT and ESPN. Why be greedy and get an exclusive contract when you can increase the game's popularity in the states, especially while the other two are having problems?

[sarcasm]But ESPN isn't gonna try to net some NHL games on its network. Ohhh no, that'd be the equivalent of actually having a good thing and they can't have that! That would make too much bleeping sense. [/sarcasm]

In all honesty, I hope they do manage to get NHL games and stick with it. I mean, do we want to see another ignominous season of poker every evening?

Yeah I agree. I don't get why they can't have games on Versucks and ESPN like the NBA does with TNT and ESPN. Why be greedy and get an exclusive contract when you can increase the game's popularity in the states, especially while the other two are having problems?

yah its likely they work out something like this, as both nbc and especially versus want nhl back.

ESPN: Prefers Poker to Hockey.

Champs I tell you.

Idk even f**king Sportsnet won't broadcast all the time.

I know last time the NHL made a deal for 0$ with NBC (Only sharing revenue of ads).

How would that hurt channels? They're f**king guaranteed to make money. (If they lost money NBC wouldn't pay a dime).

Each time I see women's sports on TV and see a hockey game not being broadcasted my mind gets blown.