NHL'94 Forums

Game video voice commentary volunteers?

smozoma

Does anyone want to do voice commentary for the last few playoff games?

You just need to record an mp3/wma/whatever of your voiceover, and I'll do the rest.

The way it would work is:

1. You need to have a microphone and learn how to record some audio on your computer (you can use a free program like audacity)
  2. Download the KREC replay files for the games (see below)
  3. You play back the KREC replay in Gens (using the p2p kaillera thingie, it's easy)
  4. While the replay is running, you record your voice commentary (use 44100Hz for the best clarity) and save it to MP3/WMV/whatever at 128kbps or higher.
  5. Send me the file and I'll do the rest, combining the game audio with your audio and making the video.

If you can do at least 2 games this weekend (or earlier) that would be amazing. I can try to guide you through setting up your computer for recording.

If no one can do it, I'll just post the games as usual.

Here is the KREC file. Please don't post spoilers.

4D7A5D30_blitz94season05abplayoffs.zip

I was able to enlist VC, as well.

Maybe I can release multiple versions :P

See the first post to download the KREC file.

yeah he should have them done just after he finishes the gdl7 finals comentary.. :unsure:

yeah he should have them done just after he finishes the gdl7 finals comentary.. :unsure:

:D He was having trouble with the video part of the GDL vids (laptop couldn't handle it), but I just need the audio.

How about we simply split the task?

No problem with that, if you guys want to each do one of the games.

Also, it'd be cool if you guys tried to slip some stats in there, like Roenick leads the playoffs with 45 points so far, Roberts 3rd with 35.. zalapski leads with 17 assists, lowe one behind at 16.. potvin leading in GAA (3.72), hextall way back at 4.49, but hextall's sv% is higher.. If zalapski lays a guy out with a big check, could say he needs 6 checks in game 3 to take over 1st (but he needed over twice as many games as jagr played!).. roenick has been checked the most, 95 times.. stuff like that. maybe series stats, like if roenick scores in game 3, it's his 5th goal of the Finals..

I'm pretty sure the laptop I have now (Bo's old one) can handle some editing of the video, which helps with stats.

That'd be cool. The overlays last time were pretty nice, but the compression was pretty bad (wmv?). Try saving at a bitrate of 3000+ (250+mb/10min).

is that homeless black guy still unemployed whose video went viral?

I heard he was... He got a job and a house, but then he got fired because he went back on the drink/drugs.. if he was ever really off them.. :(

http://www.examiner.com/media-culture-in-national/news-golden-voice-homeless-man-ted-williams-back-la-working-video

Feb 9th

Williams then shocked the world by admitting that since becoming famous, he started drinking again to quell the pressures of being in the public eye. The former radio jock agreed to enter a drug and alcohol program.

Williams hasn’t discounted that he needs help to stay off drugs and alcohol, however. Today, he’s living in a sober-living facility in Los Angeles, where he is able to work on voice-over and broadcasting projects.

“I can work, but I have to return and report," Williams said of of his living arrangements. “Random drops are made, but, I am in the voice-over community."

As for the many job offers Williams has received, some of the companies reconsidered when it was discovered he was still drinking.

However, Williams said the offers are starting to come back by the dozens. The new offers, he said, are coming with the conditions that he remains sober and in a clean-living facility.

I heard he was... He got a job and a house, but then he got fired because he went back on the drink/drugs.. if he was ever really off them.. :(

Once the playoffs start it is time for Chicago's own Pat Foley to do the commentary!!

I heard he was... He got a job and a house, but then he got fired because he went back on the drink/drugs.. if he was ever really off them..

o.k. good. We need to find this guy. I forgot what State he's from, but we'll send a coach from his State to track him down. Bring this audio clip with you:

Have him recite it and tell him we'll pay him peanuts but, he won't have to worry about getting off the sauce and random drug tests.

http://www.examiner.com/media-culture-in-national/news-golden-voice-homeless-man-ted-williams-back-la-working-video

Feb 9th

well good for him, I guess ???

I like that one sentence: he went back to drinking to quell the pressures of being in the public eye lol

is that the excuse they're using now?

If this guy was from Chicago, I would find him, I know where they all stay, at the bottom of the expressway ramps.

Edited by Comeback_King

Just want to verify:

CamKneely and RussianRocket, you guys will be recording voice for at least a game each, this weekend?

If you guys want to split it, can you coordinate between yourselves? If one of you can only do the work Saturday, and the other on Sunday, then the Saturday person should do game 3, sunday => Game 4...