NHL'94 Forums

The future of GDL.

hokkeefan

If you do quit running the league, please provide a database dump so the stats may live on...

Also, does anyone have some way to contact dmitry? if he could provide a database dump.. that would be so amazing. doesn't need to fix the website.. just need a dump of all the data/tables...

Guest Houli

I have heard rumours that swos may be giving up the GDL,so now what?? if this is true.

I think swos has lost his enthusiasm and the stats don't lies...

In talking with swos I know that the database is mysql which would be easy to just do a backup of. If all that needs to be done is to move the website over to another domain and regular maintenance each year I would gladly help in any way to help GDL stay alive.

Guest Houli

In talking with swos I know that the database is mysql which would be easy to just do a backup of. If all that needs to be done is to move the website over to another domain and regular maintenance each year I would gladly help in any way to help GDL stay alive.

smoz could it with his website?

smoz could it with his website?

They are sort of opposite web sites on the back end, I am sure it could be done, but (and I am not insulting the blitz site because it is darn good) the gdl web site is more modern in terms of coding and the database type so you would have to work backwards in order to get it going on the blitz site.

I am sure it's possible, but it would be a lot of manual labor.

I wish we could use the main nhl94online.com page to do this, I feel our '94 community would be stronger if we could move all leagues to a single domain, but I know the levels of volunteering and computer skills around here are quite limited. If on the homepage you could select GDL, Blitz, 2011, etc. like how presently we can access all gens and snes classic leagues/WHA league would make things easier/more effecient - but I know how big of a long shot any of that is.

I wish we could use the main nhl94online.com page to do this, I feel our '94 community would be stronger if we could move all leagues to a single domain, but I know the levels of volunteering and computer skills around here are quite limited. If on the homepage you could select GDL, Blitz, 2011, etc. like how presently we can access all gens and snes classic leagues/WHA league would make things easier/more effecient - but I know how big of a long shot any of that is.

I agree w kupucks.. The home page is great for some information, but the last announcement is almost 2 years old! It kind of makes it seem like not a lot is going on around here, which is definitely not the case. It would be nice if the main page had more about the online leagues so new people don't need to fish around the forum to find out whats going on. I'm sure people come to the site and when there isnt any recent information right on the front page, they never think twice about it when they could be someone valuable to the community.