ROM requests?


Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/3/2020 at 10:30 AM, supersoundwave said:

Preferably '95 if possible.

So just a vanilla '95 with Ron instead of John?

Actually, since I've already done all of the leg work, I can whip that up in 15 minutes of copy/pasting.

I hope it's okay that I did not modify the title or main menu screens with the Hockey Night logo as that is a bit more of a process.

NHL 95 HNIC Edition.bin

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2020 at 11:40 AM, von Ozbourme said:

So just a vanilla '95 with Ron instead of John?

Actually, since I've already done all of the leg work, I can whip that up in 15 minutes of copy/pasting.

I hope it's okay that I did not modify the title or main menu screens with the Hockey Night logo as that is a bit more of a process.

NHL 95 HNIC Edition.bin 2 MB · 3 downloads

This is great, thank you! :D

Edited by supersoundwave
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...
On 12/19/2020 at 11:40 AM, von Ozbourme said:

So just a vanilla '95 with Ron instead of John?

Actually, since I've already done all of the leg work, I can whip that up in 15 minutes of copy/pasting.

I hope it's okay that I did not modify the title or main menu screens with the Hockey Night logo as that is a bit more of a process.

NHL 95 HNIC Edition.bin 2 MB · 20 downloads

 

Adding Ron has been great, thanks again.

I'm now wondering, is it possible to replace the intro music with the 'Hockey Night and Canada' theme? Rosters and graphics can be updated and changed, but can the music be changed as well?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, supersoundwave said:

 

Adding Ron has been great, thanks again.

I'm now wondering, is it possible to replace the intro music with the 'Hockey Night and Canada' theme? Rosters and graphics can be updated and changed, but can the music be changed as well?

 

In theory, yes. You can't just stick a recording/MP3 into the game, you need to write the musical notes & timings into the game data. Unfortunately no one here has really figured out all the details of how to write the music data.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, smozoma said:

In theory, yes. You can't just stick a recording/MP3 into the game, you need to write the musical notes & timings into the game data. Unfortunately no one here has really figured out all the details of how to write the music data.

Pity really. Aside from the old HNIC theme obviously, I thought it would be cool to have a version of the Blades of Steel theme.

I know the NES has Famitracker, but so far the 16 bit music makers I've heard of don't seem to have a feature for letting you import <Genesis version of .NSF> files back into a game.
So at least it's not just an "us" problem.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here's a thread with some work that was done on it. He seemed to have figured out a bit about note lengths and pitches.

https://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/19935-editing-musicsounds-in-nhl-94-a-start/

It probably is quite similar to MIDI music: https://www.cs.cmu.edu/~music/cmsip/readings/MIDI tutorial for programmers.html

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share