NHL'94 Forums

What to do with these 3 potential owners?

dmitry

TessLog

Himer_14

bcappnyc

does anybody know anything about these 3 potential new guys?

if not they will have to prove their interest in the league somehow before i put them in the draft. i might have to put them on top of our waiting list.

TessLog

Himer_14

bcappnyc

does anybody know anything about these 3 potential new guys?

if not they will have to prove their interest in the league somehow before i put them in the draft. i might have to put them on top of our waiting list.

ive played TessLog many many times (150?), especially when i first started playing online...he is around all the time and looking for games...

i havent played him alot recently, but ill say hes good for it...

if he ends up being a bust... ill go find him and kick the snot out of him... :D

i hate to say it, but i think clockwise, smoz, and carse are the best additions for the league right now if our intentions are to keep the league competitive. There are guys already in the league that are still going to have trouble adjusting to the high level of play. It just won't be any fun for new guys to put them in a league where they'll go up against experienced 94 players playing with their ideal roster.

If we stay at 20, that means only one new owner. I think the league can handle 2 more owners atleast, I'm not too worried about the skill level of teams going down too much. I had Chirs Kontos and Brian Bellows, and Terry Yake on the bench, all servicable players.

If we stay at 20, that means only one new owner. I think the league can handle 2 more owners atleast, I'm not too worried about the skill level of teams going down too much. I had Chirs Kontos and Brian Bellows, and Terry Yake on the bench, all servicable players.

I agree with keeping it to close to 20... 22 works. But any more than that, you would have Yake and Kontos in your starting line up. Serviceable? Yes.

Fun in this draft league? Not as much.

I say more the merrier and also want to vouch for TessLog and not so much smozoma.

TessLog I see online alot and smozoma is rarely on.

I'm on more when I'm in a league :)

I agree with keeping it to close to 20... 22 works. But any more than that, you would have Yake and Kontos in your starting line up. Serviceable? Yes.

Fun in this draft league? Not as much.

I'm not too worried about having a few so-so skaters in my starting lineup.

My big worry is getting stuck with a terrible goalie.

Personally, I think the goalies should be averaged out a little. Belfour and Roy are SO much better than any of the other goalies, then there are a few semi-tough goalies (fuhr, potvin..), then the rest are incredibly weak and can be beaten with floaters from the hash marks 50% of the time. I'd say take a couple points off of Belfour's and Roy's stats to bring them down to about 90 and bump up all those terrible 45-65 goalies into the 70s so they can make a save or two once in a while (hrudey, beaupre, healy, vanbiesbrouk..).

In dmitry's original stats league, the goalies were all around 80-95. I thought that was great. We have a lot of good players in the league -- why do we still play with useless goalies that were only in the game so that Jimmy-8-year-old could score a few goals and not get frustrated with his Sega?

I'm not too worried about having a few so-so skaters in my starting lineup.

My big worry is getting stuck with a terrible goalie.

Personally, I think the goalies should be averaged out a little. Belfour and Roy are SO much better than any of the other goalies, then there are a few semi-tough goalies (fuhr, potvin..), then the rest are incredibly weak and can be beaten with floaters from the hash marks 50% of the time. I'd say take a couple points off of Belfour's and Roy's stats to bring them down to about 90 and bump up all those terrible 45-65 goalies into the 70s so they can make a save or two once in a while (hrudey, beaupre, healy, vanbiesbrouk..).

In dmitry's original stats league, the goalies were all around 80-95. I thought that was great. We have a lot of good players in the league -- why do we still play with useless goalies that were only in the game so that Jimmy-8-year-old could score a few goals and not get frustrated with his Sega?

It's your choice whether or not to use a draft pick on a top notch goalie. If you have decent GC, I really don't see a huge advantage. Those goalies you mentioned will go in the first round, however, those who do pick them are going to give up picking another highly skilled player in another position.