NHL'94 Forums

We have to use Kega Fusion!!

dmac

I just played a game against angryjay on Kega Fusion and it is out of this world! It's like Sega HD!! The sounds are better and gameplay is as smooth as ever.

A lot of you that have played me in Kaillera know that our games usually desynch but not in Kega. Angryjay and I didn't lag once! It seems even better than the original Sega Genesis system! Plus, you can talk during the games so there's pretty much no chance of a desynch. This is pretty much a replica of the other Kega Fusion topic (scribe99) but I'm just saying that we should use it for the Draft League to make things MUCH easier for everyone in the NHL 94 community.

If anyone wants to try it out I'm available for games. I can host since my connection is already setup. You can connect to me without setting anything up just to see what it's like. I can't emphasis enough how smooth the game plays on it.

we could possibly use it in the future for the draft league. it won't happen this season because it needs more testing, and someone would have to go through and figure out the offsets for stats.

I agree that there might not be enough time before the season starts to properly make the switch ... but everyone should try this out at least once so we can get some more feedback for down the road. I can host games for people that don't have their internet configured for it.

On the issue of the stats, it saves as a GS0 file and it's compatible with all of the stats databases. I uploaded a save to the boxscore site and it works. The f5 key is disabled online but the drop down menu is still there and it lets you make a save. If for some reason there are problems with that method, you can just exit the netplay game and the rom does not reset as in Kaillera. With the emulator still running and the game still there, that's another safe save spot. So it looks like stats are not a problem that requires more work for anyone.

Since the save states are the same, is it ok if we just use whichever emulator the two players in a game agree on?

Just have one emu declared as the league-standard emulator that everyone must be prepared to use, but if the people playing each other want to use another emu like Kega, I don't see a reason to not let them.

Since the save states are the same, is it ok if we just use whichever emulator the two players in a game agree on?

Just have one emu declared as the league-standard emulator that everyone must be prepared to use, but if the people playing each other want to use another emu like Kega, I don't see a reason to not let them.

That's perfect man, great idea! Because for some people who don't like using Kega for different reasons they can just go on Kaillera but people like me would be willing to play all of their games on Kega.

if both owners are in agreement then i dont care what emulator is used as long as the game file is uploaded successfully. i would still say that everyone should be prepared to play with either of the gens versions used for league play last season. i think there will be connection issues with kega where neither owner has direct access to their router.

keep testing and maybe we can eventually switch over completely, using gens as a backup for those who can't connect directly to each other.

It seems even better than the original Sega Genesis system!

I suggest everyone stand a good distance from dmac lest he be smote with a lightning bolt from above. Nothing on God's good Earth is better than NHL94 on the original Sega Genesis system. To say otherwise is to blaspheme.

When I finally make it in this world I am going to start a league like Evan's except that for each game I am going to send around my private jet to pick up the visiting team's coach and deliver him to the home team's couch, and then they can get their console on.