NHL'94 Forums

Gdl Season 3.5: An Interim League

IceStorm70

Hey what does everyone think of this idea.

Since we already have the GDL season 3 ROM set up, why don't we have a 30 game season with 16 of the existing teams?

Meaning the 16 teams who'd like to do the short season would do a draft of the existing teams. Only rule is you cannot select your old GDL team.

Since my early exit in season 3 I've been playing with other peoples teams, and loving it. (Scribe your teams rocks man).

Not sure how much work would be required to set it up with stats etc. Was hoping it'd be fairly easy and fill the void between season 3 and season 4.

Any thoughts? Yays? Nays?

I think it's a great idea, but I don't know if I will have the time to be in it. I guess I can just play some exhibitions or something, seeing as then I will still have Bure :)

Hey what does everyone think of this idea.

Since we already have the GDL season 3 ROM set up, why don't we have a 30 game season with 16 of the existing teams?

Meaning the 16 teams who'd like to do the short season would do a draft of the existing teams. Only rule is you cannot select your old GDL team.

Since my early exit in season 3 I've been playing with other peoples teams, and loving it. (Scribe your teams rocks man).

Not sure how much work would be required to set it up with stats etc. Was hoping it'd be fairly easy and fill the void between season 3 and season 4.

Any thoughts? Yays? Nays?

I have trouble beating Scribe's team when the it's the AI controlling it :/

its a good idea, but i think it might cause a significant delay to season 4. I would rather just start the season 4 draft.

a different idea would be to have a tournament instead of a short season.

And we shall call it.. the playoffs :)

Yeah, I agree -- let's get to season 4!

Sounds good to me. Just wasn't sure what the typical turn around time is between GDL seasons.

Figured if it was 3-4 months we could kill time doing this idea.

Count me in BHF on a boatload of exi's.

Jrod, if I only changed my boxers as much as my avitar, my wife might actually sleep in the same bed.

:)

i dont see why we can't start organizing the next draft right now. we won't be waiting 3 months for the playoffs again.

ok cool. Then I'll take the 1st pick.

Sounds fun, although I would be in favor of getting things ready for the season 4 draft. If there is gonna be a long delay in between seasons I would definitely be in favor of getting something (tournament style) set up. If nothing more than to keep the rust off. But hopefully we can use these next few weeks to get focused on the preparation of the 4th season. Good luck to those remaining in the playoffs.