NHL'94 Forums

EA 3 on 3 NHL® Arcade

smozoma

I've been meaning to post for a while that I thought EA was actually listening to us, and here is a bit more proof that they are. It's not exactly what we want, but I think it's an interesting step in the right direction. Take a look... (video)

EA 3 on 3 NHL® Arcade

It's a bit too cutesy/silly, but at least they are trying to make a simple fun game. I think it's a little too fast, though, and the cutesy-ness and cheesy sound effects are weird... but you'll definitely notice that Roenick is very prominent (he's in the title screen.. though he's getting checked, and he's a starter on the Blue team).

Anyway, I was thinking a while ago that EA really did listen to some of the things said in this forum for NHL09. They certainly beefed up the checking in 09, which I really appreciated.

hey thanks for the link smoz....the game looks like it would be kinda fun..I'm not sure if I'm sold on the banana peels and all that other s**t...but I definately want to try it out.

I'm getting married this summer and I wanted to have a big nhl video game tournament in the days leading up to it and a lot of fellas were hip to the idea(but I couldn't sell them on '94)...so this might work!

Yea, thanks for the link Smoz.. could be fun for the younger kids. Anyone on the forums play this yet? Curious what their thoughts are.

-Evan

I'm getting married this summer and I wanted to have a big nhl video game tournament in the days leading up to it and a lot of fellas were hip to the idea(but I couldn't sell them on '94)

Sounds like you need new ushers at the wedding :)

Congrats dude!

Sounds like you need new ushers at the wedding :)

Congrats dude!

lol...come on down for the tournament bud..we'll get ya in...ive already talked about it...and ive got 4 teams of 3 already...

its fun, but would be funnier if you could disable some items :/

• 2 weeks later...

this is all hd..graphics to good for wii

• 2 weeks later...

I downloaded this last night and played it...it was a lot of fun.

The controls are very similar to snes for nhl94(although you can change and use the skill stick like nhl09 etc.). I wasn't sure what to think about the power ups (bananas, super shot, rocket skates etc. ) before playing but it added to the fun factor I thought.

First game I played against the computer on medium and got my ass kicked 10-2..lol. I played some people online as well.

I think with all the power ups, it definitely adds a different nature to the game. Since there are no penalties in the game....getting the freeze power up (turning the opposing teams player into an ice block) sort of puts you on the power play for a short time.

It's non stop action and I really like that....there are no whistles as the puck is always in play...when the puck leaves the ice it rebounds back onto the ice. After goals..the puck is dropped behind the teams net that was scored on and play continues.

Another thing I enjoyed about the game...you play to points not time. They do have periods...but this is more to give you a break every few minutes. If you set the point total to 20...you could play for a couple periods...or 10 periods..depending on how fast you score. For the most part, games are pretty quick I found. Lots of scoring.

I would recommend this to anyone who has xbl. Download it and give it a try. I believe it was 800 xbox points(or whatever they're called) and it works out to about 10 bucks I think.

I haven't found anything yet that I didn't like about it.

After one day of gaming....10 out of 10.

I downloaded this last night and played it...it was a lot of fun.

The controls are very similar to snes for nhl94(although you can change and use the skill stick like nhl09 etc.). I wasn't sure what to think about the power ups (bananas, super shot, rocket skates etc. ) before playing but it added to the fun factor I thought.

First game I played against the computer on medium and got my ass kicked 10-2..lol. I played some people online as well.

I think with all the power ups, it definitely adds a different nature to the game. Since there are no penalties in the game....getting the freeze power up (turning the opposing teams player into an ice block) sort of puts you on the power play for a short time.

It's non stop action and I really like that....there are no whistles as the puck is always in play...when the puck leaves the ice it rebounds back onto the ice. After goals..the puck is dropped behind the teams net that was scored on and play continues.

Another thing I enjoyed about the game...you play to points not time. They do have periods...but this is more to give you a break every few minutes. If you set the point total to 20...you could play for a couple periods...or 10 periods..depending on how fast you score. For the most part, games are pretty quick I found. Lots of scoring.

I would recommend this to anyone who has xbl. Download it and give it a try. I believe it was 800 xbox points(or whatever they're called) and it works out to about 10 bucks I think.

I haven't found anything yet that I didn't like about it.

After one day of gaming....10 out of 10.

Add me to your friends: thegr8199kings. Maybe we can get some games in