NHL'94 Forums

Do you have an nhl94 nostalgic moment?

halifax

Back about 15 years ago, I organized the biggest nhl94 tournament I've ever had. There were 20 players in total, all friends of mine from high school. Players were divided into 4 divisions and played a single game round robin of 5 minute periods. The top two from each division played in the 'A' playoffs and the others were seeded for the 'B' playoffs. All playoff games were 10 minute periods.

We played from early morning to late night just to get all the games in…since it was all played on one system.

Ahh those were the days.

I found some pics of the playoff brackets. (one of the pics was smacked together with shoddy photoshop work…apologies for that.)

Anyone else have some early day memories of nhl94?post-457-1269286538_thumb.jpg post-457-1269286954_thumb.jpg

Those boards are great! Love the drawings. I wish I could go back in time and find the old notebook brackets I did when I was a youngster. All we have of those days are legends and folklore.

My early memory was actually of NHL 92. All night 6th Grade Slumber Party played that game so long my sleep deprived eyes stopped working and the players looked like they were melting on the screen. And no we weren't on drugs, just JOLT cola.

Back about 15 years ago, I organized the biggest nhl94 tournament I've ever had. There were 20 players in total, all friends of mine from high school. Players were divided into 4 divisions and played a single game round robin of 5 minute periods. The top two from each division played in the 'A' playoffs and the others were seeded for the 'B' playoffs. All playoff games were 10 minute periods.

We played from early morning to late night just to get all the games in…since it was all played on one system.

Ahh those were the days.

I found some pics of the playoff brackets. (one of the pics was smacked together with shoddy photoshop work…apologies for that.)

Anyone else have some early day memories of nhl94?post-457-1269286538_thumb.jpg post-457-1269286954_thumb.jpg

HAHA this reminds me of my days in my apartment in Halifax. Me and my roommates used to have best of seven series and mark on the wall every time someone won a series. We must've had a hundred seven game series on that sheet by the end of the school year! I wish I had taken a picture of it.

Those boards are great! Love the drawings. I wish I could go back in time and find the old notebook brackets I did when I was a youngster. All we have of those days are legends and folklore.

My early memory was actually of NHL 92. All night 6th Grade Slumber Party played that game so long my sleep deprived eyes stopped working and the players looked like they were melting on the screen. And no we weren't on drugs, just JOLT cola.

lol.

I'd have to say '92 was the next best game in the series. I just remember at the time being blown away by the graphics and game play. Between my brothers and I, we spent enough money on game and system rentals...that we should've just bought the friggin thing in the beginning.

I actually started playing the nhl's early 90 games with nhl 93. I wasn't very good at it lol then i came across 94 and i was like

YESSSSSS!!!!!!

NHLPA 93 was my first memory of this series.

My grandmother bought it for me and I used to play that (along with a few others) all the time at her house.

Of course I always rocked my Rangers... Gartner was my boy, and I was all about the fights/blood.

There's a lot in the memory bank, used to do demos before a hockey game to try a predict the out come. Vividly remember my cousin getting anal about me doing playoffs in NHLPA'93 because it would erase his series from the battery backup too.

Probably the most memorable moments playing NHL'94 was sleeping over a friends house in '98 or '99.

4 or 5 of us would go through Indian Rock woods on the weekends to the shopping center to get a beer runner, a Jamacian guy who used to deliver pizzas for the place next to the beer distributor usually helped us out if the was working. He'd pick up the brew and meet us around the corner during a delivery and drop us off next to the trestle in the woods for a fiver.

Ran into a bunch of heads from HS on the way through and ended up partying instead of sneaking the beer back into the basement window.. Being kids most of us didn't know how to handle beer and one of my friends Frank was invincible on some Natural Ice.. He got marinated well beyond his ability and people were smoking; made too much noise (in the dead of the woods no less) and the cops showed up, about 15 heads split and I along with one of my friends had to get Franco; who if I handed him a stick of dynamite right there he would of tried to smoke it, out of there... It was like weekend at Bernies trying to get his ass out.

Got back and played '93 mostly and some '94 till 6 or 7 because no one could sleep thinking Frank would die from vomiting all night. Good times.

• 3 weeks later...

I think I played 2 seven game series in one night (10 minute periods, I think) with a friend back in 96 or so, both series going all seven games.

I felt like I was going to have an epileptic fit after playing the game for that long in a dark room.