NHL'94 Forums

I dreamt last night I got on a boat to 94' heaven.

Tony Twist

This dream was so powerful, so inspiring, that it drove me to return to these forums to see if what I had dreamt about had indeed become reality over the last year...

The details are now hazy, but I remember walking into a large room, large enough that I might even like to call it a convention centre of sorts. I remember there was a lot of white, everything was very clean, and the overall fanciness in display and presentation of whatever was going on in there would have reminded me of an apple store had it not been for this one very important detail: on all TV/computer displays there was nhl94. Granted, it was not 94' in the traditional sense, there had been changes made, but at heart I knew what was going on. It was a large nhl94' tournament and the level of perfection with which this tournament was orchastrated I cannot properly describe. What stood out in my mind were two things. First, was the scheduling. Every game was fixed by a set date, and whoever didn't show up to play automatically forfeited the game. Presumably everyone beforehand had agreed on what days would be specific league game days, or at least understood what the days were before committing themselves, and then a schedule was drawn up accordingly. Much like in real-life leagues I suppose. This way it was either default or game played, and the league moved along quite nicely. Perhaps another reason for its great success was that either every game or the overall league (I can't remember which) was being played for money! I don't really know what system was in place, I guess I was simply blinded by the money and stopped asking questions, but at any rate, myself and everyone else involved were thrilled. Finally, what we've all wanted, to be rewarded money for playing nhl94! Anyway, for these brief moments, this white hall, in most ways possible, was an NHL94' heaven. Then I woke up and was back in reality. What's more, I had just woken up in a present life with no access to a SNES system or SNES USB controller. To tease myself further I thought to revist these forums to see what was new on the odd chance that one or all of these elements in my dream had somehow come true. But alas...

This dream was so powerful, so inspiring, that it drove me to return to these forums to see if what I had dreamt about had indeed become reality over the last year...

The details are now hazy, but I remember walking into a large room, large enough that I might even like to call it a convention centre of sorts. I remember there was a lot of white, everything was very clean, and the overall fanciness in display and presentation of whatever was going on in there would have reminded me of an apple store had it not been for this one very important detail: on all TV/computer displays there was nhl94. Granted, it was not 94' in the traditional sense, there had been changes made, but at heart I knew what was going on. It was a large nhl94' tournament and the level of perfection with which this tournament was orchastrated I cannot properly describe. What stood out in my mind were two things. First, was the scheduling. Every game was fixed by a set date, and whoever didn't show up to play automatically forfeited the game. Presumably everyone beforehand had agreed on what days would be specific league game days, or at least understood what the days were before committing themselves, and then a schedule was drawn up accordingly. Much like in real-life leagues I suppose. This way it was either default or game played, and the league moved along quite nicely. Perhaps another reason for its great success was that either every game or the overall league (I can't remember which) was being played for money! I don't really know what system was in place, I guess I was simply blinded by the money and stopped asking questions, but at any rate, myself and everyone else involved were thrilled. Finally, what we've all wanted, to be rewarded money for playing nhl94! Anyway, for these brief moments, this white hall, in most ways possible, was an NHL94' heaven. Then I woke up and was back in reality. What's more, I had just woken up in a present life with no access to a SNES system or SNES USB controller. To tease myself further I thought to revist these forums to see what was new on the odd chance that one or all of these elements in my dream had somehow come true. But alas...

Are you planning to join up or are you just going to sit on your ass moping about things you could try doing?

Zalex: What's the GA?

dcicon: Don't like SNES?

RedWingDevil: I wouldn't say I was moping. At best it was play moping. I fully respect all the folk on this site who create and run their respective leagues, and recognize that I haven't the know how to do the same. If anyone wants to use my dream scenario as a suggestion, then by all means, but I didn't really intend it as such. I can't really think of a reliable way we could introduce money into tournaments so that will probably just have to stay in my dreams..If I was confident in how to create and run a league then I might give it a shot, but I would want to play in it also, which I can't do right now because I have no access to a controller in the foreseeable future (I don't enjoy playing with the keyboard)

Halifax: hey dude. I've missed the community. Anything new in the SNES world? To be honest I became slightly disillusioned with the collapse of the once great SNES draft league. Then I failed with Team China to capture the international title and I was too crushed to continue..I may take up playing again if I return to my controller in Canada.

This topic has all the answers about GA.

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?showtopic=11591

smoz: GA in the 94 world has been around for 3 years now.

by the way you just made my wall of fame of 94 quotes

Edited by Zalex