NHL'94 Forums

Philadelphia available in Gens A

dcicon5148

and this is coming from a guy who picked SJ and the Isles and quit after 10 gms saying your season(s) were just exhibs LOL. ANother thing you gotta let go of the past dude bring up things like that, everybody knows. no one cares anymore i was just saying if you got another chance, then y shouldn't i?

oh btw i don't think fbp would like that you're comparing him to me.

nothings ever done no matter what you do or what you pretend the past is there you cant ignore it

mav and fpb are tagged "*******" for ever like me

Edited by Houli

nothings ever done no matter what you do or what you pretend the past is there you cant ignore it

mav and fpb are tagged "*******" for ever like me

I dont know what to say

hes keeping his team..but thanks for the interest though bud.

Also there's guys from the B league we'd ask first before moving to C.

not anymore. i tried to play it out but this is just a waste of time. i don't mind losing but there is no fun in playing when you have 0 chance of winning. good luck to whoever takes over.

lataz

You had PHI in your 10 team list. Every season in classic, some coaches get a team that isnt on their list. So you arent one of those bad lucked coach with the lottery, you got a team you had on your list. Dont blame Chaos/Halifax for giving you PHI, when you had them on your list... lol seriously

Next time, make a better list or just dont bother signing up.

You should welcome the challenge of having a bad team. Grow balls, be the underdog and try to win as many games as you can. Everytime you win as the underdog its really satisfying, way more than winning a gm with Detroit. Adapt your playstyle with the team and just try your best. Thats how you'll become a better player.

I had TB last year in Gens-A, and it was the classic season that I had the most fun. Even if the team sucked and even if I knew I wouldnt go far in playoff, every win was so much satisfying. Using a bad team teached me how to play better in every aspect of the game.

And yea, you quitters are fags.

You choose TB as your #1 pick, there is a big difference.

not anymore. i tried to play it out but this is just a waste of time. i don't mind losing but there is no fun in playing when you have 0 chance of winning. good luck to whoever takes over.

lataz

Well i'm doing the GENS replacements this season. If you haven't changed your mind by the time I get home tomorrow (Saturday) afternoon i'll make the change. Pretty sure there'll be a whole bunch of guys lining up to take them on - KingRaph, ur the man with first dibs on a shot at A?

Well i'm doing the GENS replacements this season. If you haven't changed your mind by the time I get home tomorrow (Saturday) afternoon i'll make the change. Pretty sure there'll be a whole bunch of guys lining up to take them on - KingRaph, ur the man with first dibs on a shot at A?

i'm done, get a replacement.

lataz

128678498084305839.jpg

im in , i cant be a double loser like dickon!

Still can't understand what is so wrong about not having you're top choices to be garunteed... We had more sign ups than any classic league in a long time so obviously you're odds of getting #1 pick are diminished.. If there is a season you did not catch the luck of the draw - so what, it's always been done by random (maybe you can talk to all the top level guys sometime and convince them to take Philly and Hartford so they can free up Chicago for ya). So glad a lot of the new dudes who are not having a story book season don't have this attitude.

There's really 3 other options I can think of,

1) make sure your top 10 picks are REALLY the ones you want. Not sure how Philly got in Dcicons pick list but they're definitely not a top 10 classic team. How does Philly get ranked ahead of: Det-Chi-Van-Buff-Mtl-La-Cgy-Win-Que-Dal? IMO the top 10

2) split up the classic pools to pick from into 2. The top 10 teams are randomly selected for the lower 10 coaches, and the remaining teams are randomly selected for the top 8-10 coaches. (a hybrid of Carses idea)

3) Create an elite A league where the top 10 coaches make up the league. So there wouldn't be any concern with guys not having a chance to win the league.

lataz

10 of your 12 losses were by 2 goals or less (6 by 1 goal) that just sounds like ur on the cusp of winning some games.

3) Create an elite A league where the top 10 coaches make up the league. So there wouldn't be any concern with guys not having a chance to win the league.

Of the options you provided, I like this one the most...and I'd probably suggest moving it to 12. 12 in B..and however many in bottom league depending on numbers.

There's really 3 other options I can think of,

1) make sure your top 10 picks are REALLY the ones you want. Not sure how Philly got in Dcicons pick list but they're definitely not a top 10 classic team. How does Philly get ranked ahead of: Det-Chi-Van-Buff-Mtl-La-Cgy-Win-Que-Dal? IMO the top 10

Boston is also ranked well and has historically done well in Classic (see NHL'94 Team Rankings)

Funny that this comes from a guy who went 29-11 in the regular season with the NYI! :lol:

Of the options you provided, I like this one the most...and I'd probably suggest moving it to 12. 12 in B..and however many in bottom league depending on numbers.

I am thinking an idea could be not to sign up for a particular skill level and everyone just signup in general and let chaos/halifax/icestorm/etc... go ahead and pick the top 10-12 for A, then pick the next 10-12 for B and so on.

I am thinking an idea could be not to sign up for a particular skill level and everyone just signup in general and let chaos/halifax/icestorm/etc... go ahead and pick the top 10-12 for A, then pick the next 10-12 for B and so on.

If you're having problems deciding, try asking yourself these 5 questions

1.can i beat carse? (if yes,you're in A)

2.can i beat sober hokkee? (if yes, you're in A)

3.can i beat drunk hokkee? (if yes, hmmmm...)

4.can i be a cool guy and doesnt afraid of anybody? (wtf? am i A? or B?)

5.am i new? (if yes, you're in C)

The f**k?

I've been shouting out loud for that since the spring league.

The f**k?

I've been shouting out loud for that since the spring league.

you'll learn this as you get further into your professional career, it's not always the best idea that gets accepted, but the most well presented (aka how it is delivered, no profanity, whining etc). Older people like Halifax and EVEN older people like me :) prefer facts and a well presented argument/proposal. Not late night rants :)

An elite A league sounds a great idea - shouldn't it be a small group though? How many guys are considered to be amongst the top A players? Two groups of 4, with only 4 making the playoffs. Champion of "A2" goes up for the next season, to replace the "Elite" guy with the worst record.

Really don't like the idea of "You're a good player, you get a weak team". Handicapping is not the way forward. Split the top guys into their own elite group is much better.

As for "New guys go to C" Houli - Have u seen this season? Don't see any reason why Rammer & Bradbershad couldn't have been put straight in B after some basic screening by a couple of A & B players. Sicarius would have been better suited to B, as we all knew after 2011 league & his regular exhibs vs A & B players, and OB was clearly a cut above C too. (I know Bradbershad was a replacement & didn't start the season, but could he have been screened & made a B replacement instead of C?)

Not using the guys mentioned above as examples, but my personal opinion is a number of guys aren't in the leagues they should be this season, and even worse, a number of the guys who are playing below their level are also using the top teams, so have an extra advantage which allows them to have a dominating season. I'd like to see someone taking a decision based on guys previous season records as to which league they should be in, rather than letting a guy who we all know is one of the best, or probably too good for the league he's chosen playing beneath himself, with an awesome team, just to massage his ego at the expense of the guys he's put himself in with, who we all know he's gonna beat up on before the season even starts. To me there are some going after a glory season by dropping down. Not fair on the guys they're playing, and doesn't prove a damn thing in my opinion. Sorry if that upsets anyone.

My two cents:

We must remember that this IS the classic league, so inherent in the league is the draft of fixed teams -- some of which are clearly better than others. That's just the way it is. Reducing the league to 12 teams is not a bad idea as it reduces the number of weaker teams.

The selection of league's themselves (A/B/C, elite A, etc.) is a little more problematic. Ideally you want to group people fairly, to have a fun competitive season. At the same time, you want to have some maneuvering room so the same 12 people don't play each other every year and everyone goes 20-20. It's not an easy task, and aside from Dcicon's departure, everyone else is playing without complaints -- we know the rules. (At least I think -- who knows what Halifax/Chaos have in their inboxes...lol).

It probably makes sense that if 3+ more veteran players agree that a newbie is B level rather than C, then that person is given the opportunity to play in B right away (i.e. sicarius, bradbershad, etc.). But it'd have to be at least 3 other veterans...it wouldn't be right to have levels determined by a single individual. Keeping in mind that this is only for players that happen to have played multiple veterans. I wouldn't make it a rule that every new guy has to play different exhibs to determine level -- seems like overkill.

Elite A league with each member allowed to use any team they want any game they want!

Right now gens A is very close to being the top players in the world together...its def one of the toughest looking lgs ever with a ton of parity.

Cutting it to 12-14 would be real solid and allowing each team to play with any team they want, including CHI-CHI matchups would be great imo and result in some epic matches...

Actually the 16 right now are good enough to go toe to toe with each other, I just really think each coach should be allowed any team during the whole season or something like 3 ranked divisions of teams facing each other, like CGY-BUF div A, FLA-ANA DIV C...

Also another suggestion is a classic blitz league- where wgt fix is in and teams like PITT and PHI become #1 teams... I think this would be great as alot of crappier players on teams become useful and a ton of depth is created. I think alot of A coaches would be down for this as it's kinda boring as we all know exactly which lines are best for each team with wgt hax, but with the fix its a totally new game. And technically its the way the game shoulda been created..

Similar to what HABS is saying, I've been tinkering with an idea for a "summer survivor league" (during classic off-season), where each coach get to use a given number of teams for the season. It eliminates the draft luck and creates a little strategy. For example, just my current ideas:

* Let's say there is a 30 game regular season (depends on how many teams sign up, etc.)

* I'd choose 15 teams at random and you can use each team twice.

* Home team chooses their team first, followed by away

I think this would be a lot of fun and it would require you to learn how to use a lot of teams. You would also have to think about using a strong team against a strong player, or weak team as a throw away, etc.

Anyway, I'd like to get a website to log scores and show remaining teams available, etc. I'd like to get it set up by summer, so stay tuned. Of course, any volunteers are welcome -- I'm currently reading a book to learn how to do this. :blink:

Also another suggestion is a classic blitz league- where wgt fix is in and teams like PITT and PHI become #1 teams... I think this would be great as alot of crappier players on teams become useful and a ton of depth is created. I think alot of A coaches would be down for this as it's kinda boring as we all know exactly which lines are best for each team with wgt hax, but with the fix its a totally new game. And technically its the way the game shoulda been created..

I would be down with this idea if i was allowed to play that is