NHL'94 Forums

this 1 gm a day s**t is ridiculous!!!!

hokkeefan

is it so u guys can see parity in the standings or so 1 guy wont get bugged to play?!?!its fkin stupid, guys should be able to play when and how much they want!!!!now lets hear all the stupid reasons why its good again to have 1 gm released a day and all of the advantages of it :lol:.....p.s. yeah i know i dont have to play in lg if im not happy and i know most of players would like it as well but nobody says s**t

is it so u guys can see parity in the standings or so 1 guy wont get bugged to play?!?!its fkin stupid, guys should be able to play when and how much they want!!!!now lets hear all the stupid reasons why its good again to have 1 gm released a day and all of the advantages of it :blink:.....p.s. yeah i know i dont have to play in lg if im not happy and i know most of players would like it as well but nobody says s**t

I must say Hokkee, your amazing powers of persuasion cannot be ignored. I believe more people would get what they wanted if they used your approach. I mean the way you point out how things are "fkin stupid", the strategic use of exclamation points peppered throughout your message and your ever so clever use of smiley faces with the tongue sticking out? What can I say, you're a revolutionary!

The last time I noticed this kind of behavior is when I saw that little girl pounding her feet at the grocery b/c her mom wouldn't give her a blowpop. Although, she eventually got what she wanted. And I believe that one day, if you keep what you're doing, you'll get your blowpop too.

Guest Wags13
I must say Hokkee, your amazing powers of persuasion cannot be ignored. I believe more people would get what they wanted if they used your approach. I mean the way you point out how things are "fkin stupid", the strategic use of exclamation points peppered throughout your message and your ever so clever use of smiley faces with the tongue sticking out? What can I say, you're a revolutionary!

The last time I noticed this kind of behavior is when I saw that little girl pounding her feet at the grocery b/c her mom wouldn't give her a blowpop. Although, she eventually got what she wanted. And I believe that one day, if you keep what you're doing, you'll get your blowpop too.

:blink:

Yeah this stuff really is ridiculous. Just like newjerseykiller and everyone else, we have many days with NO games! We should AT LEAST have one game every day not just some days even though I'd rather have way more than one game a day.

I already have all my games played and theres not much to do but wait for two fricken days just to play one game then have to wait more and more days to play just a few games.

What was last year's schedule release like? Wasn't it 1 game, then 2 games, then 1 game.... then 3??? (I am forgetting the trend) Something crazy like that. That worked very successfuly, and there really wasn't a need to change it. There are still going to be people who won't be online for stretches, then will finish 10 games in a day. Releasing 1 game a day doesn't introduce any more standings parity there.

I think it would be a good idea to release some more games so that guys don't have to wait around to play each other.... the problem right now is some guys schedules are just loaded with people not online, as NJkiller points out. It is early enough in the season to change the schedule release without any huge problems.

p.s. just because hokkee's posts look like they are coming from a ravenous direlect, that doesn't mean we should chide him and not take them seriously (.. all the time). He made a valid point here.

who cares having all the games released really fast is beat cause then the season is over before it started then we sit and chill for the offseason forever.. plus the majority of the league hasnt finished all their games anyways

ps comment deleted, that kind of talk is unacceptable here - Mods

I thought one game per day would be pretty tough to keep up with, but it actually does feel pretty slow right now. However, I think this setup will make things feel more active later on in the season and will create better tension going into the playoffs (think of the Leafs/Habs/Isles(curse them) thing that just happened in the NHL). I know some people don't care about the regular season and just want to get to the playoffs.. but I like the regular season. This will also prevent people from saying "half the guys are done, let's just kick the other half out and start the playoffs already!"

Also, releasing games slowly like this reduces annoyances to the guys who don't have the time or inclination to play much, so I think it's good the way it is. All frustrations just get funneled onto our benevolent and wise dictator King Donny, who I hope doesn't mind the unavoidable criticisms and demands that come with running a league.

Besides, you can always just play someone now and save the savestates for later if you're that gung-ho.

Also, releasing games slowly like this reduces annoyances to the guys who don't have the time or inclination to play much

I thought that this league was meant to cater to gamers that play a lot? Guys that "don't have the time or inclination to play" were removed last year because they didn't fit in with the philosophy of the league. If they don't have time... why are they playing?

I think the releasing 1 game at a time is working OK at best. The problem which was stated previously is that I can see thegr81 online right now, but I don't have any scheduled games with him. No one is interested in 'playing ahead'.

I see what you are saying smozoma about there being a more competitive feel to the later games in the regular season, but that is dependent upon everyone actually playing games up to the pace of the release schedule. That currently isn't happening, and I don't think it will happen unless strict guidelines are in place (i.e. play x amount of games by may 15th).

I am satisfied with the current pace of games, but I do feel last season's release schedule worked out really well...... and hokkee will not make 50 more posts about it if it's changed. That is PROGRESS!!!!

who cares having all the games released really fast is beat cause then the season is over before it started then we sit and chill for the offseason forever.. plus the majority of the league hasnt finished all their games anyways

well 1 thing wrong with you last point here carse....you said the majority of the league has'nt finished all their games anyways...this is half of my arguement...the reason they havnt finished all of there games is becauasue they are forced to play against certin people. i go on aim and see a bunch of guys....all not on my sechdule while with the original league..you almost always have some one to play...not to mention some of the great home and home series this kind of schedule creates. Although as i look forward to the end of the season i can see the excitement and buzz around the league with a race for the playoffs...but by the time i get to the playoffs i will probally suck since i play a game ever 4 days.

i'm sure the perfect schedule exists somewhere--a schedule that changes depending on who is online at the same time and how many games each owner wants and can play each day while still keeping the league moving along evenly. that would be sweet. if you want that perfect schedule you will be sitting here for a long time with no schedule at all.

now, i know some of you want to play a faster schedule, but thats not the taste i had left in my mouth after the playoffs last year. i do listen and try to give you guys what you want. we'll wait a while and see if you all still want the pace quickened before i spend my time changing anything.

The fact is that there are only about 10 guys who are consistantly on everyday looking to play. no matter how the games are released, the people who arent on as much will still be stopping people from completing all of their games.. its just the way the league is always gunna be

everything is fine with lg i must have got some of my womans pms lol but for next season it would be nice to have option to play more games like releasing half the games and have them played by certain date then release other half.i will try my best not to post (complain)everyday but the discussions on the forums gets interesting at times hehe its good to see what peoples opinions are on how they would like things to work.

I think the way the league is run right now is just fine. Sure, there are some days when you don't have games, but I don't mind that at all, really. As someone said, the race for the playoffs at the end could be exciting, which would be awesome. I also like seeing how the standings are when the games are fairly equal, not when you have one guy done 47 games and one guy just hitting two digits.