NHL'94 Forums

A Special Thank You...

I think the people complaining about the hybrid draft are being selfish. The hybrid is the best solution to making the WHOLE league competitive.

Give the lower tier coaches the better players, simple as that. Us vets can win with anyone, cant we???

Indeed. Don't say something like "Cater to the newbies" like it's a bad thing. Don't we want to have the new guys enjoy so they themselves can become vets? Or do we really need to have even teams in terms of players when most of us vets could do just fine with Sundin or Courtnall?

this is f**king pathetic. I know you both personally and I know you guys are better than this. If you want an example of people taking this game too seriously than it's the people taking unnecessary shots at each other in this thread. That pretty much insulted each other over something as trivial as this. This isn't a professional sport, it's a f**king video game league. GROW UP. I really don't even care who said or who started what. This just needs to be settled once and for all. I know for a fact that we're ALL better than this. However the draft ends up, we'll just have to deal.

Brief intermission...........................

Despite the vitriol and venom going on here....

I just wanna again say thanks a TON to DaDonche for taking this league and runnning with it. You're doing a great job in keeping this a democracy. I'm sure I speak for all the new guys, we really appreciate the hard work you've been putting in.....

Ding Ding Ding...

OK boys back it

I think the people complaining about the hybrid draft are being selfish. The hybrid is the best solution to making the WHOLE league competitive.

Give the lower tier coaches the better players, simple as that. Us vets can win with anyone, cant we???

Exactly...

I don't want everyone to have a 0.500 winning percentage. I just want to stop seeing guys at like 0.100 and 0.900.

Fine, it looks like hybrid is going to lose -- people want their superstars. Maybe next season, we can try snaking the first two, then non-snaking a few of the middle rounds, where the guys are a lot closer together. Good, smart drafters can still make some mid-round steals. I know that coming from a guy who was out of the playoffs, it looks like I just want better draft picks for myself, but even if I had placed better, I'd still want a hybrid. So:

For each person who switches their vote from snaking to hybrid, I will gladly drop myself 5 spots on the draft order (I'm currently 5th, so if 4 guys flip their vote, I'm last). Offer applies to those who have already voted snake in this thread or the other one, and only if hybrid ends up winning (because if snake still wins, then dangit it's every man for himself and i want 5th pick!)

EDIT: draft actually started tonight, so I dont' want to hold things up. I'll make my first-round pick now, but then if people change their votes and hybrid wins, I'll be dropping my draft position in the 2nd and subsequent rounds. Ironically, it will end up as though everyone else is doing hybrid, and i do snaking the whole draft, haha...

well your stating youll drop yourself in the draft (not sure if thats legal) so if you draft now and then later hybrid wins, all those pics would be meaningless

DAngit.. I didn't realize we were starting to draft right now. Hmmm...

well your stating youll drop yourself in the draft (not sure if thats legal) so if you draft now and then later hybrid wins, all those pics would be meaningless

DAngit.. I didn't realize we were starting to draft right now. Hmmm...

I'll drop my 2nd-round pick then.

well in theory you have 9 days to draft :P

But you dont have to hold things up either ;)

your right, it isnt over, but the 1st round order doesnt change, plus, i dont think the top picks would change their picks despite it being hyrbid or snake...i think it applies more to guys in the latter part of the 1st round.