NHL'94 Forums

Playoff Tree

DaDonch44

The final deadline has come and gone.

I'm sorry if you were unable to get those last minute games in.

I couldn't come up with a concrete method of determining who should and shouldn't get DNPs. So I gave them to everyone. I know I'm going to hear "That's bullshit!", but I felt it was the most even way to do this. I didn't want to have to make decisions on a case by case basis. I will say that I did not give them to replacement coaches (sebe, XdeathsbloodX, and sdogg). Sebe was the only one who could have made the playoffs, and he did bust his ass for getting as many games in as he did. I'm sure you guy can agree with me that he doesn't deserve to get any.

As far as the Ron Barr Conference, it didn't matter anyways. All of the coaches that were going to go to the playoffs are going.

Vocally Caged said he would forefit the rest of his games. He has been given losses for those games, and the teams he "lost" to have been given the extra points for wins. So for some guys it bumped you up (i.e. HABS).

I would have taken the 8th spot if VC would have gotten DNPs, but I'm not going to complain or protest it. He had more points than me, so he deserves to go.

As far as the Mark Lesser Conference, the DNPs shook it up a bit. Players moved up and some moved down.

I have to admit I feel bad for Carse because he has 3 games left and was in the hunt for a playoff spot. Unfortunately, he is going to be left out because people didn't get their games in. Sorry Carse, I apologize man, it's nothing personal. You are a great player, but this is how it turned out. I which it didn't end up this way.

I am attaching the excel spreadsheet so you can see how the DNPs broke down, as well as the Playoff Tree with the matchups.

The First Round is to be completed by/on February 4th (Monday).

The Conf. Semis by February 11th (Monday).

The Conf. Finals by February 18th (Monday).

The GDL Cup Finals by February 25th (Monday).

If you have games left on your schedule, they should still be played. That includes games against Vocally Caged. I want everyone to have 56 games completed by the end of the playoffs.

Any games that are not played will be a DNP against your draft order for next season. That will get explained later.

I will be giving the playoff matchups to Dmitry so you guys can upload the playoff games to the site. So please hold onto your save states.

post-707-1201587718_thumb.jpg

post-707-1201587733_thumb.jpg

Donch I also feel a playoff procedure needs to be posted and/or stickied. Require all owners to post their general availability (to the best of their knowledge) for the upcoming week. A matchup thread should be created for each series just to limit confusion and facilitate easy oversight by you.

I think the best way is for one coach to suggest a time to play after both coaches have posted their availability. Give a 24 hour notice when suggesting a time to play, otherwise it will degenerate into 'I'm on right now' type BS. As long as each owner checks and replies to their playoff thread once per day, there should be ample time to negotiate a mutually satisfactory time to play.

This is similar to how we handled scheduling of league games in a weekly 2k football league I helped run, and it made things cut and dry when deciding the outcome of an unplayed game.

If you have games left on your schedule, they should still be played. That includes games against Vocally Caged. I want everyone to have 56 games completed by the end of the playoffs.

Any games that are not played will be a DNP against your draft order for next season. That will get explained later.

Sounds like if you play your games your draft spot wont be affected, so do all 56 still and your ok.

carse wins the tiebreaker and i also feel that carse should be allowed in, but i assume what donch said is the final word so ill live with what he said.

AJ, I edited my post because I didn't realize how DaDonch had figured this out. I looked at it again, and if Carse is allowed to forfeit games, he still doesn't make the playoffs because Smozoma's last game was against Vocally Caged, giving Smozoma another 2 points.

If no one is allowed to forfeit games, Carse still misses the playoffs based on having less games completed than Smozoma. So either way, Carse is the odd man out.

I didn't see that before I edited my post.

DaDonch's team is the one and only team that misses the playoffs due to allowing to Vocally Caged to forfeit.

Dude there is an error.. i forfited my 3 remaining games last night so i really have 63 points making me the 8th seed

Unless of course u stuck to what you said about posting the remaining schedule in the fourm, as Pill never posted his remaining games or responded to my post, which would constitute a forfit from his side.

dude if you forefeit your games, they count as losses. you can do that if you want to. but then everyone else who has games left can do the same thing and they would still have more points than you.

pill got DNPs for the games he didnt play. so did you. so did everyone else that had games remaining.

I explained myself in the first post.

Im very confused on the adjusted point system. Why did everyone but VC get points deducted?

According to this he should of lost 7 x 3 = 21 pts and be out of the playoffs

If you are going to duduct from the other coaches who didnt complete all their games, he should be also.

donch i dont understand how you can take 6 points from me from the 2 pill games which i talked to you about and posted on the fourm. You even wrote "attempt noted." He never posted his remaining games or responded to my post.. how am i equally as at fault? Not to mention i am the most available player in the league hands down.