NHL'94 Forums

Boston Emergency!

I am in Boston with my old roommates. We have a Genesis with 4-way-play (sp?) and NHL 95 - but no NHL 94! We are about to kill ourselves. Do you live near Boston? Trudatman? Anyone? If you have an NHL94 cartridge and can get it to me tomorrow, NAME YOUR PRICE.

Don't do this to me. Help me. Save me from NHL95. I need an NHL94 cart in the worst way. I will buy or rent. You have all of the cards.

Help!

addisonbr@gmail.com

Please

When reading the title, I thought that this thread was going to be about how the Sam Adams brewery has had a malfunction and can't produce beer anymore, the Red Sox are no longer a good baseball team, Harvard has been deemed inferior to Cal Berkly, Noam Chomsky has moved back to Philadelphia, it was found that the Boston Tea Party actually took place in Hartford, the Patriots' Super Bowl titles have been taken away due to cheating, and Boston no longer has anything to be cocky about.

But, to my disappointment, that is not what this thread was about.

When reading the title, I thought that this thread was going to be about how the Sam Adams brewery has had a malfunction and can't produce beer anymore, the Red Sox are no longer a good baseball team, Harvard has been deemed inferior to Cal Berkly, Noam Chomsky has moved back to Philadelphia, it was found that the Boston Tea Party actually took place in Hartford, the Patriots' Super Bowl titles have been taken away due to cheating, and Boston no longer has anything to be cocky about.

But, to my disappointment, that is not what this thread was about.

Ummmmm, I think Addisons crisis is much much worse than any of the aformentioned.

Addison, don't you guys have any used video game shops around beantown? I'm sure you could find on there. Good luck!

Things got really bad here. At one point - unfortunately, I am not exaggerating - we were reduced to playing a few games of NHL '98. I have taken six showers since then and still can't get the stink out.

But this story has a happy ending.

It stars our own trudatman, who responded to my distress signal with heroic swiftness, in the form of not one, but two NHL '94 cartridges in Beantown. After making the exchange (and I use the term exchange very loosely, for I walked away with NHL '94 cartridges and he walked away with nothing) the weekend was saved. Very much hockey was had. We may have broken the hotel room TV a little trying to get the plastic guard off of the coax input. And we may have earned a knock on our door at about 1:30am in the hysteria following the old pass-backwards-and-accidentally-five-hole-your-own-goalie move. But all in all, couldn't be much happier about how it all worked out.

I owe trudatman some karma points. This community rocks.

you are quite welcome, duder. glad you had funs. don't worry about the karma points, as it won't make a dent in my -723 online karmakounter "points." I've yet to set up a successful interboardmember game around here, so if any of your friends there actually dwell hereabouts, pass on my phonenumber and have them holler at your boy. rock on with a sock on.

bows down with his tongue out? no, thanks.

and Keith's? is that beer? here's how I will get back to my regular standing around here: beer is for pussies.

anyway, glad I could help these dudes out; they seemed to REALLY need the game and I have dozens, so donating the cartridges was the easiest choice I've made in months. stay smiling, y'all.

Edited by trudatman

bows down with his tongue out? no, thanks.

and Keith's? is that beer? here's how I will get back to my regular standing around here: beer is for pussies.

anyway, glad I could up these dudes out; they seemed to REALLY need the game and I have dozens, so donating the cartridges was the easiest choice I've made in months. stay smiling, y'all.

Guess I didn't have you pegged wrong. I say something nice and you throw it back in my face. Okay, I see how it is. :)

I expect that kind of stuff from Ahola <_<

you are quite welcome, duder. glad you had funs. don't worry about the karma points, as it won't make a dent in my -723 online karmakounter "points." I've yet to set up a successful interboardmember game around here, so if any of your friends there actually dwell hereabouts, pass on my phonenumber and have them holler at your boy. rock on with a sock on.

Man, that was really a great story! Nice job Trudatman! NHL94ers looking out for each other... pretty cool.

unity_t.jpg

• 4 years later...

sorry for the gravedigging bump, but having this site back warms my everything and I want to reiterate that I have plenty of cartridges to hand out (Genesis and SNES). however, I am no longer in the city of Boston. I am much closer to Providence, Rhode Island, USA, so travel costs from places other than nearby make visiting me for a "free" game illogical, but I do extend the offer from North Attleborough. games can be played here, too. holler.