NHL'94 Forums

Have we made a mistake? Prodigyof94 seems to think so.

halifax

Prodigyof94 seems to think we(addisonbr and I) have made an error with seedings for SNES classic league. Addisonbr and I stand by the fact that we have never changed the rules at any point from the beginning of the season. We felt we made the correct decision based on guys with unfinished seasons in the SNES classic league.

When nhltrippin, jeffbcnhl94 and fenty were behind me in the standings...I bugged the crap out of those guys to get to the 16 win mark...because I didnt want to have a "play in" series scenario as per our rules.....they can all attest to this....had they all reached 16 wins...seedings for the top 8 would have been made easy.

jeff and nhltrippin surpassed 15 wins...but fenty did not...he remained tied with bobkudelski and myself with 15 wins.

I asked prodigyof94 to propose his accusations about the seeding issue on the forums but he chose not to make it public. I have decided to make it public because I don't appreciate being accused of something especially without some kind of defense behind it.

If addisonbr and I have made an error we will definately own up, apologize and make the correction. But until then I'm asking the nhl94 community who played in the classic league (SNES and genesis) to read the conversation and let us know if you agree or disagree with prodigyof94's accusation. If you agree...then show us where we went wrong.

Thanks.

Prodigyof94 (1:31:05 PM): hello

nhl94halifax (1:31:25 PM): hey

Prodigyof94 (1:32:00 PM): i was looking at the playoff seeds section you have in the forums

Prodigyof94 (1:32:14 PM): i have several questions

nhl94halifax (1:32:20 PM): sure

Prodigyof94 (1:32:31 PM): how is drinnagh tied with me?

Prodigyof94 (1:32:40 PM): if he has 9 losses

nhl94halifax (1:32:47 PM): you guys all had 17 wins

Prodigyof94 (1:33:03 PM): but shouldnt the losses count as well?

nhl94halifax (1:33:28 PM): since full seasons werent comepleted we went by points..its all we could go by

Prodigyof94 (1:33:36 PM): shouldnt there be tie breaker games?

nhl94halifax (1:33:46 PM): but regardless...after the tie breaker..you finshed ahead of drinnagh

Prodigyof94 (1:33:56 PM): then how come your having a series with kudelski?

nhl94halifax (1:34:25 PM): three of us tied with 15 wins

Prodigyof94 (1:34:39 PM): how does that make sense?

nhl94halifax (1:34:46 PM): and the rule was that no team would lose out on a final playspot with a tied record

nhl94halifax (1:34:52 PM): so there would be a play in series

Prodigyof94 (1:34:55 PM): we all have 17 wins

Prodigyof94 (1:35:03 PM): and you guys have 15 wins

nhl94halifax (1:35:14 PM): so i ahve to beat bob kudelski and beat fenty..just to finish 8th

Prodigyof94 (1:35:22 PM): i dont know, something is up

nhl94halifax (1:35:36 PM): something is up? what are you talking about

Prodigyof94 (1:35:37 PM): its like not all the pieces are there

nhl94halifax (1:35:52 PM): the ruels were set in place at the beginning of the season

Prodigyof94 (1:36:04 PM): i mean the playoff system is somewhat off

nhl94halifax (1:36:20 PM): how is it off?

Prodigyof94 (1:37:01 PM): i mean at the begining, points were recorded based on games that were played

Prodigyof94 (1:37:12 PM): and now its about how many wins?

nhl94halifax (1:37:28 PM): who said points were based on how many games were played

Prodigyof94 (1:37:31 PM): im speaking about classic now

nhl94halifax (1:37:36 PM): i know

Prodigyof94 (1:37:53 PM): so i dont know something is up

nhl94halifax (1:38:02 PM): points were based on points..2 for a win..1 for a tie...nothing else

Prodigyof94 (1:38:37 PM): because at the beginning of the season, it wasnt like that

nhl94halifax (1:38:50 PM): it has always been like that

Prodigyof94 (1:39:00 PM): not this season

nhl94halifax (1:39:19 PM): yes..this season...we have never changed the ruels for the season.

nhl94halifax (1:39:40 PM): they were there at the beginning of the season and stayed the same all the way through

Prodigyof94 (1:40:00 PM): thats not what i saw

nhl94halifax (1:40:44 PM): feel free to post your accusations on the forums then...and see if anyone else agrees with you.

Prodigyof94 (1:40:59 PM): heres another dilemma, how come in the juiced rom season there was no tie breaker games but all of sudden its ok to have a tie breaker game ?

nhl94halifax (1:41:14 PM): the juiced season has nothing to do with classic league

nhl94halifax (1:41:20 PM): they are two seprate leagues

Prodigyof94 (1:41:39 PM): well thats thing, i dont want to make statements public

nhl94halifax (1:42:07 PM): well you're saying something that the league is different and it never was.

Prodigyof94 (1:42:15 PM): i dont know halifax something is up

nhl94halifax (1:42:23 PM): we put the ruels in place from the beginning and they stayed the same all the way through

nhl94halifax (1:43:17 PM): lol..if you say so.

Prodigyof94 (1:44:05 PM): i said a lot of thimgs, which were accurate may I add

lol, don't even waste your time conversing with prodigy and his wild accusations. My LCD panel on my laptop screen was cracked, and he kept on for a good 10minutes on me about how i was skiving out of playing him in the league, he was totally convinced that i was lying. I had to reiterate the point that nobody is threatening me with a brand if i dont play 94, i play because i like the game.. and i don't need to make excuses to get out of something i voluntarily opted it to do, its not homework... don't sweat it halifax

Prodigy, i think its time to put down your crack pipe.

I remember clearly, points have never changed. I at one point questioned the points. because i thought there was a point for OT loss.

2 points for a win, 1 for a tie. thats it.

then he starts talking about juiced league? whats that have to do with anything.

Prodigy is right about one thing though. Something is defintly off...in his head

He might be referring to a point earlier in the season when I think players tied in wins were ranked in the standings based on games played, with higher number of games played sitting higher in the standings...I seem to remember this happening..

But it's hard to say whether he was arguing in favor of or against the decision to be ahead of me in the standings... Since he now has to play master as a result of that decision perhaps he was arguing against it...I, however, have no complaints.

hahahaha oh would i love to post some of the ridiculous conversations i've had with this guy, don't even worry about it halifax.... the guy is paranoid about everything, he clearly thinks you meant to seed him against master when in fact it was completely random it worked out that way. i looked through how you make all the seedings and believe that it was honestly done right..... prodigy needs to chill out, stop worrying so much, nobody here is out to get him, we just wanna play some friendly games of 94.

He might be referring to a point earlier in the season when I think players tied in wins were ranked in the standings based on games played, with higher number of games played sitting higher in the standings...I seem to remember this happening..

This is actually true... The default sort for the system was first points, then by games played, and I think then maybe alphabetical? None of that was meaningful (especially the alphabetical part) until halifax and I (mostly halifax) went through and applied the real tie-breakers from the rules by hand, situation by situation. You'd think it's an easy process, but it's not, especially when three-way head-to-head records need to be compared. You could probably write a routine to handle it, but it would be so complicated that paradoxically it takes less time just to look at things situation by situation.

Anyway, Tony's perceptions are correct.

lol, don't even waste your time conversing with prodigy and his wild accusations. My LCD panel on my laptop screen was cracked, and he kept on for a good 10minutes on me about how i was skiving out of playing him in the league, he was totally convinced that i was lying. I had to reiterate the point that nobody is threatening me with a brand if i dont play 94, i play because i like the game.. and i don't need to make excuses to get out of something i voluntarily opted it to do, its not homework... don't sweat it halifax

Your claiming that I'm harassing you to play games, while in fact I'm trying to finish my games because the league is accusing me of not finishing my games. If your LCD panel is messed up, then how come you didn't make a post and address the league that you couldn't play games? I was never "threatening " you, I was letting you know how weak that excuse was, just like Tickenest's classic line ( I'm walking my dog) Real players don't step aside ( LCD panel) they step up

Many people walk the dog soon after they get home from work. I don't know about your situation, but I have a dog and I work a fairly typical day (7-4). I like to feed the dog when I get home and then walk her half an hour later.

I challenge you to look at this face and tell me that she's not the sweetest thing ever....

post-23-1213990052_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
If he was half as good as he thinks he is, seeding wouldn't matter to him anyway...

1152620372448_G.gif

First of all UPV6Freely, we already established that your not even in my league, (Let's recall it was you that kept scoring on yourself during games) Big talk for a person that collects internet pictures for a hobby. Second of all try to make your replies more current, not a month later, it takes you that long to let the hamster roll in your brain so you can come up with a reply? let alone a picture? (pathetic)

• 2 weeks later...