NHL'94 Forums

Fall Classic Playoffs!

metzgerism

0000ha7.png

Genesis A

QUARTERFINALS (best-of-seven)

(8) Quebec Nordiques (snoboarder3211) 4-0 (9) Dallas Stars (boknowsnhl94)

(7) Detroit Red Wings (freydey32) 2-4 (2) Buffalo Sabres (swos94)

(6) Montreal Canadiens (flasox24) 0-4 (3) Vancouver Canucks (hokkee94)

(5) Boston Bruins (icestormnhl94) 2-4 (4) Chicago Blackhawks (sebe82)

SEMIFINALS (best-of-seven)

(8) Quebec Nordiques (snoboarder3211) @ (2) Buffalo Sabres (swos94)

(4) Chicago Blackhawks (sebe82) @ (3) Vancouver Canucks (hokkee94)

FINALS (best-of-seven)

(8) Quebec Nordiques (snoboarder3211) @ (4) Chicago Blackhawks (sebe82)

Genesis B

(14) Calgary Flames (vocallycaged) @ (11) Winnipeg Jets (smozoma)

(13) Los Angeles Kings (ensuingfracas) @ (12) Toronto Maple Leafs (minddefect)

Lowest-ranked QF Winner @ (9) Genesis A Play-In Loser

Highest-ranked QF Winner @ (10) Hartford Whalers (skoolyardpuck)

FINALS (best-of-seven)

Lowest-ranked SF Winner @ Highest-ranked SF Winner

Genesis C

(8) Calgary Flames (sarcdoc23) @ (1) Chicago Blackhawks (nikpetro)

(7) Los Angeles Kings (negativenick7000) 2-4 (2) Buffalo Sabres (wagsth)

(6) Boston Bruins (zalex1414) 4-3 Winnipeg Jets (jtakkunen04)

(5) Pittsburgh Penguins (houlanov) @ (4) Montreal Canadiens (rynweinmeyer)

(6) Boston Bruins (zalex1414) 2-4 (1) Chicago Blackhawks (nikpetro)

(5) Pittsburgh Penguins (houlanov) @ (2)Buffalo Sabres (wagsth)

FINALS (best-of-seven)

Lowest-ranked SF Winner @ (1) Chicago Blackhawks (nikpetro)

Genesis D

FINALS (best-of-seven)

(9) Toronto Maple Leafs (metzgerism) vs. (10) Hartford Whalers (eastvanapna)

Super Nintendo A

PLAY-IN SERIES (best-of-three)

(10) Boston Bruins (drinnagh) @ (7) New Jersey Devils (ipv6freely)

(9) Los Angeles Kings (bobkudelski26) @ (8) Toronto Maple Leafs (rage93)

Lowest-ranked Play-In Winner @ (1) Winnipeg Jets (xgrad06)

Highest-ranked Play-In Winner @ (2) St. Louis Blues (masterof94)

(6) Vancouver Canucks (hokkee94) @ (3) Chicago Blackhawks (gihtarman)

(5) Detroit Red Wings (prodigyof94) @ (4) New York Rangers (angryjay93)

(5) Detroit Red Wings (prodigyof94) @ (1) Winnipeg Jets (xgrad06)

(3) Chicago Blackhawks (gihtarman) @ (2) St. Louis Blues (masterof94)

FINALS (best-of-seven)

Lowest-ranked SF Winner @ Highest-ranked SF Winner

Super Nintendo B

(14) Washington Capitals (seansawx05) @ (11) Philadelphia Flyers (pondhcky1)

(13) Calgary Flames (sarcdoc23) 1-4 (12) Montreal Canadiens (metzgerism)

FINALS (best-of-seven)

(11) Philadelphia Flyers (pondhcky1) @ (12) Montreal Canadiens (metzgerism)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woo hoo play offs. hokkee, the best time to get our games in (unless contacted by me other wise) will be thanksgiving weekend (ill be in america) where the internet is available for me. unlike here at home where its been a problem past 2 weeks... :huh:

Oh thanks giving is next weekend in case you didnt know

Edited by shaftman

Just looking at the Gens A bracket, im baffeled here, i really dont get how the standings were determined. All i see is a bunch of guys who played fewer games being rewarded with extra points to move up in the standings. While guys who played their games and replaced other people or just played their games like they were supposed to were bumped down the ladder and in some cases (skool) we're completely left out of the mix despite having more points than bo and more games played.

This is really baffeling to me, im so baffeled im debating whether or not to even play my series because this is really screwy. Play fewer games and get rewarded, come in and do your job and get shafted, also, the logic behind the standings isnt even consistent. If it were consistent, I'd be the third seed in snes over chicago due to the fact that i played less games and had a better winning %.

This is just...wow, i dont know what else to say

... and in some cases (skool) we're completely left out of the mix despite having more points than bo and more games played.

actually me and skool played the same number of games (all but 2) had the same number of wins but i beat him both times head to head, so what exactly are you talking about?

Skool was mostly out of the playoffs once he had played 28 games - he was 1 game under .500

Tickenest forfeited the rest of his season as he is now inactive from NHL94.

And Sebe vs. Ice decided much of the rest of the league.

The Bo-Carse play-in is a result of Bo having played Washington and winning both games. In fact, I just kep Washington's points in the standings because the only affect they had was whether Bo got the play-in or not (which, by playing the number of games that he did, I think that he earned).

For the most part, inactive coaches had a limited affect (in GENS C they were the difference between the 3-6 and 4-5 matchups being swapped in seeding, but not in opponents).

AJ, did it ever occur to you that late results may have had an impact on the standings?

I will post the final standings soon.

AJ, did it ever occur to you that late results may have had an impact on the standings?

I will post the final standings soon.

Really can't blame him for thinking that if the playoff matchups have been posted, the standings are current, since you'd have to update the standings to make the matchups.

Woo hoo play offs. hokkee, the best time to get our games in (unless contacted by me other wise) will be thanksgiving weekend (ill be in america) where the internet is available for me. unlike here at home where its been a problem past 2 weeks... :P

Oh thanks giving is next weekend in case you didnt know

lets do asap ...i figured out my problem from last night ...i had 2 zsnes conflicting with each other ...so im all ready to go now

Ok, things make more sense now, but i still question the skool ruling.

Basically, skool gets punished for not being able to goad someone who has been inactive for weeks into playing 2 very important games for him, while Bo, who didnt play 2 games against a very available Sebe is rewarded with a play in. I'm not even saying Bo should be bumped out, but what im saying is that skool deserves the right to play his way into the A bracket.

Looking at the math, its entirely feasible for freydey to be on the outside looking in if carse and bo won their last 2 games. It is also entirely feasible that skool could have leap frogged bo by playing 2 games with washington. But since skool is on almost daily and kbermangv is hardly ever on (i had to bug ken a half dozen times just to get two games with him), skool must face the fact that he is relegated to B playoffs. If you're going to have play ins, include skool, make him the 10th seed and have to play fredey for the right to an A bracket playoff matchup.

Punishing skool for not playing a guy who played 40% of his games is not right in my eyes.

how does the tie between me and hokkee get decided? I have to agree with AJ about BO, ive asked him 3-4 times for games, everytime the answer no was given.

probaby cause you had 2 games unplayed? and i find that bo is always ready for some games ..so you guys just didnt try enough to get them done...i was done a month ago (every game)np

Edited by hokkeefan

how does the tie between me and hokkee get decided? I have to agree with AJ about BO, ive asked him 3-4 times for games, everytime the answer no was given.

im guessing hokkee gets the nod due to the fact he played all his games.

Ok, things make more sense now, but i still question the skool ruling.

Basically, skool gets punished for not being able to goad someone who has been inactive for weeks into playing 2 very important games for him, while Bo, who didnt play 2 games against a very available Sebe is rewarded with a play in. I'm not even saying Bo should be bumped out, but what im saying is that skool deserves the right to play his way into the A bracket.

Looking at the math, its entirely feasible for freydey to be on the outside looking in if carse and bo won their last 2 games. It is also entirely feasible that skool could have leap frogged bo by playing 2 games with washington. But since skool is on almost daily and kbermangv is hardly ever on (i had to bug ken a half dozen times just to get two games with him), skool must face the fact that he is relegated to B playoffs. If you're going to have play ins, include skool, make him the 10th seed and have to play fredey for the right to an A bracket playoff matchup.

Punishing skool for not playing a guy who played 40% of his games is not right in my eyes.

I did not punish skool for not playing Washington. Skool was already mathematically eliminated from the top 8 due to Washington's lack of availability - even if Washington's games were completely eliminated. You have to understand: skool was out because skool was out, as he was in 9th or 10th in either calculation.

Bo was not out either way (empty games vs. Sebe, who I did not notice online as much as Bo, so the situation was virtually a push), and his games against Washington bolstered him. I couldn't justify giving him wins where I didn't give skool wins, but I could justify in my mind giving him a play-in vs. Carse, and a very tough road.

Sorry that you (might) have to play Carse in the first round, AJ.

I did not punish skool for not playing Washington. Skool was already mathematically eliminated from the top 8 due to Washington's lack of availability - even if Washington's games were completely eliminated. You have to understand: skool was out because skool was out, as he was in 9th or 10th in either calculation.

Bo was not out either way (empty games vs. Sebe, who I did not notice online as much as Bo, so the situation was virtually a push), and his games against Washington bolstered him. I couldn't justify giving him wins where I didn't give skool wins, but I could justify in my mind giving him a play-in vs. Carse, and a very tough road.

Sorry that you (might) have to play Carse in the first round, AJ.

What i understand is that bo faces no consequence of not playing a guy who played 93% of his games and could have easily split his games with sebe while skool doesnt even get the chance at a 3 game play in despite the fact that he likely would have swept washington if he ever came around.

Also this lack of consistency really bugs me, youre worried about getting the top 8 teams into the playoffs, so much so that you will allow 10 teams in the snes A picture, 4 of which completely half assed their seasons, yet their reward is that they have their playoff fate in their hands.

I dont really give a flying f**k who i play in the first round, i picked f**king edmonton, you think i really give a s**t? If i gave a s**t, I would have picked a legit squad and mopped fools up while taking a nap at my keyboard. All I played this season was for fun, and what i find fun is allowing a guy who played his games, had a good enough record to be above bo, who you considered to be worthy of a play in, to be allowed in the mix.

Obviously, any of the three (Bo, Carse, Skool) are legit ass players, i know ill have a good match on my hands either way, so that little shot at me metz, is just pure b.s.

i feel u AJ but still if u are gunna say skool shud get some credit for those unplayed games vs washington, then i obviously would have won those also and been 16-14.. making a play in game not even an option cause i would be the clear 8 seed

EDIT: 7 seed

Edited by Carse

tough calls. I can see giving the push for the Bo/Sebe missed games.

But I think ALL of the Washington games should be thrown out and seedings done afterwards.

[/quot

well heres a thought m,aybe all you fkin bums shouldve completed ALL YOUR GAMES!!! fricken retards......like ive said many times I HAD NO PROBLEM COMPLETING ALL THE GAMES!!!!!!!!!

THEN THIS DISCUSSION WOULDNT HAVE TO TAKE PLACE IDIOTS!!! NO EXCUSES WHY YOU COULDNT HAVE ....NONE!!!......PERIOD.

i feel u AJ but still if u are gunna say skool shud get some credit for those unplayed games vs washington, then i obviously would have won those also and been 16-14.. making a play in game not even an option cause i would be the clear 8 seed

EDIT: 7 seed

I could stomach that decision far more easily than i could the one that has been made (because you dont punish someone for not playing an inactive guy). But since we're doing play ins, then we should add skool.

I dunno cause we all have 28 games played and he has less points.. so I dont see how he could possibably be included

all im basically saying is skool would have played 30 if ken wasnt inactive, bo and sebe dont have a legit excuse for not playing their games. you cant reward guys for not playing their games when no excuse is available, bo is being rewarded by having a play in, skool is not being rewarded, he is being told too bad you couldnt goad a guy who's inactive into playing. While in snes, if you played 6 out of 13 series and had an okay record, its good enough to get into a play-in. The lack of consistency is really my main issue here, dont play, be rewarded, its just backwards.

BTW, I'm not changing any of the seedings, so please play your series everyone.

AJ, here are the standings with Washington removed:

0000xk4.png

I took a look at both this standings sheet and the one with Washington included, in order to decide who gets into the playoffs.

The first thing I did was drop skool out of the playoffs, because:

A) He was not IN the playoffs in either scenario. He was either 9th or 10th.

...and that was my only reason.

Bo got the play-in because:

A) He was tied for 8th with WSH included.

:) He had a chance to be tied for 8th with WSH excluded.

C) I didn't think that either one of the players was responsible for the unplayed set.

D) A play-in seemed like the most fair and correct way to amend the situation (plus he was tied on points with Carse anyways).

And so the "tough" decision had to be made (I didn't find it all that tough, it made sense to me at the time and still does now).

You'll notice that without Washington the seedings would be a little different, but I decided that since people actually endeavored to play him, those games should count for something...so they got the nod in seeding.