NHL'94 Forums

NEW UNOFFICIAL GDL TRADES

hokkeefan

so you turned gilmour into kovalenko...thats great.

seriously wtf

why trade for the sake of trading every season

is it that hard to control yourself

I can see a thread coming up within a week asking for higher trade limit

Here are hokkee's trades...

1.6  -> 1.9 (gilmour) -> 1.24 (ronning) -> sakic (1.10) -> kovalenko (2.12)
2.19 -> 2.16		  -> 2.01 (housley) -> 2.15
4.19 -> 4.2
7.6  -> 8.2

So he has turned 1.6 and 2.19 into 2.12 and 2.16, losing a staggering 27 draft spots total (-30 and +3).

So I think the question is.. if you wanted a player like Kovalenko, why didn't you just draft Fleury? You know, the GOOD Kovalenko?! ;)

He was drafted 11th this season.

Edited by smozoma

Here are hokkee's trades...

1.6  -> 1.9 (gilmour) -> 1.24 (ronning) -> sakic (1.10) -> kovalenko (2.12)
2.19 -> 2.16		  -> 2.01 (housley) -> 2.15
4.19 -> 4.2
7.6  -> 8.2

So he has turned 1.6 and 2.19 into 2.12 and 2.16, losing a staggering 27 draft spots total (-30 and +3).

So I think the question is.. if you wanted a player like Kovalenko, why didn't you just draft Fleury? You know, the GOOD Kovalenko?! ;)

He was drafted 11th this season.

ok look u dumbassess i changed my mind from speed to slower and lighter and look at gdl kovalenko history in gdl besides season 2 where he wasnt used ...hes been on champs teams and runner ups hes scored over 200 points twice and 140 before that ...obviously better coaches but even if i get 1/2 to 2/3 of the points with him that would be awsome and the defence he brings by crushing everyone and lebeau is very hard to stop and accurate ...try playing against someone online using montreal with lebeau!....and i moved up 14 spots or so in rd 4 ...so all very close the 4 picks ...as long as i can lower my goals against i dont care ...trying to check guys and bouncing off are alot less now and ...basically getting crushed by these 2 guys and not being able to knock them down for seasons is now at an end for this season at least

ok look u dumbassess i changed my mind from speed to slower and lighter and look at gdl kovalenko history in gdl besides season 2 where he wasnt used ...hes been on champs teams and runner ups hes scored over 200 points twice and 140 before that ...obviously better coaches but even if i get 1/2 to 2/3 of the points with him that would be awsome and the defence he brings by crushing everyone and lebeau is very hard to stop and accurate ...try playing against someone online using montreal with lebeau!....and i moved up 14 spots or so in rd 4 ...so all very close the 4 picks ...as long as i can lower my goals against i dont care ...trying to check guys and bouncing off are alot less now and ...basically getting crushed by these 2 guys and not being able to knock them down for seasons is now at an end for this season at least

my picks

Lebeau is a solid 2nd-rounder for sure.

But Kovalenko was the 2nd-string guy #2 forward for Pill, EA, and Carse -- and the only reason AJ took him as his #1 was that he was bored of Sandstrom.

Anyway.. you'll do OK with those guys, but I just wanted to show your pick progression and how you, at least numerically, lost ground.

Remember that someone will only accept a trade if they think they are 'winning' it, so chances are you are losing it. It's not like the NHL where there are lots of tradeoffs like salary vs skill vs age.. there is only skill in GDL.

Edited by smozoma

But Kovalenko was the 2nd-string guy for Pill, EA, and Carse

Carse and Ea, (im pretty sure) used kova on their first lines. Hes solid, but i know i wouldnt give up sakic for him. It all depends on what kind of player you are and what kind of team you are looking to build. I went super light last year and it got me no further, then the previous year. It doesnt help that ive drawn the defending champ in the first round 2 years out of three tho...LOL

Sakic for kova is quite possibly the best trade i will ever see...haha

Thanks Hokkee.

Carse and Ea, (im pretty sure) used kova on their first lines. Hes solid, but i know i wouldnt give up sakic for him. It all depends on what kind of player you are and what kind of team you are looking to build. I went super light last year and it got me no further, then the previous year. It doesnt help that ive drawn the defending champ in the first round 2 years out of three tho...LOL

Sakic for kova is quite possibly the best trade i will ever see...haha

Thanks Hokkee.

sakic is oates cousin

alright alright. I really need to move up in the 4th round.

no one is online right now..

But any of you guys below me trade your 4th im willing to give up my 5th 7th 9th.

you mean i give up my 4th for your 5th, 7th, and 9th?

or do you mean we swap each others pick in those rounds?