NHL'94 Forums

I'm not gonna stand for it

If any n00b can actually take me out and even make a shutout on me, I have hit an big-time low! I'm not gonna stand for it and I'm not used to look like a fool. I'm not happy with the way I'm playing right now, it's tough to make different stuff when you're the one being stuffed and for all that it's worth I hate losing... A f**king LOT!

*Sigh* This isn't working well for me. What the hell can I do to kick ass? What can I do to put scrubs in their place? What should I do to take my place as the best? Gentlemen, I can be a complete horrible ass at these times and it's fair of me to warn you that I could only bottle up so much frustration for so long. I am honest about that and I'm this community's John McEnroe, or maybe worse.

Your thoughts?

I'm playing like crap too. Welcome to the club. It happens. Just play through it and try to learn. Or just be like me and fail to ever improve and never get over the hump...your choice!

Soooooo-what's lower than crap? :(

Wags?

Nah just kidding, he's improving lately.

But yeah, just practice a lot, in my beginnings, i got my share of getting my ass kicked, but hey wadda ya know, i Won the Gens A Classic, same for freydey i think, now he's ripping the blitz with a 9-3 record. Dominating the points chart with... yzerman...!

Theres no real answer. I like to record games and study video. Learn from my mistakes and fix my weaknesses. Also getting ideas on offense from other ppls games helps as well. Other than that its all about confidence, momentum. practice and ur skill set. Do u have a variety of weapons? Slappers, dekes, onetimers, fake cross crease onetimers, etc. Work on ur D, play against the best, and record the video, then study.

I can just see sebe having a binder of all the people that he has played and gameplans that he needs to exacute for all of them

I can also see him staying up all night watching video of his next playoff opponent like the NHL

nah I'm just joking sebe but if anyone would do it it would be you

If any n00b can actually take me out and even make a shutout on me, I have hit an big-time low! I'm not gonna stand for it and I'm not used to look like a fool. I'm not happy with the way I'm playing right now, it's tough to make different stuff when you're the one being stuffed and for all that it's worth I hate losing... A f**king LOT!

*Sigh* This isn't working well for me. What the hell can I do to kick ass? What can I do to put scrubs in their place? What should I do to take my place as the best? Gentlemen, I can be a complete horrible ass at these times and it's fair of me to warn you that I could only bottle up so much frustration for so long. I am honest about that and I'm this community's John McEnroe, or maybe worse.

Your thoughts?

this game can sometimes be unpredictable. sometimes you lose one you should have won, it happens.. you dont need to complain about it. we've all been there.

Wags?

Nah just kidding, he's improving lately.

But yeah, just practice a lot, in my beginnings, i got my share of getting my ass kicked, but hey wadda ya know, i Won the Gens A Classic, same for freydey i think, now he's ripping the blitz with a 9-3 record. Dominating the points chart with... yzerman...!

hahhaa i never won any A classic league dude, i beat you in the B one in the final, but you took your revenge on the A final :(

For iceguy: just keep practicing, always try to find new way to score but heh, each player got his own style...i like to use the goalie a lot but some players dont'... i guess the key is practice, i missed the playoff in both GDL and Dynasty league but i had the chance in both league to play the best guys of nhl94.com and that rly help me to become a better player!

PS: Don't freak out cause you got a slow start on your season lol, just do a hurricane of yourself

• 2 weeks later...
I can just see sebe having a binder of all the people that he has played and gameplans that he needs to exacute for all of them

I can also see him staying up all night watching video of his next playoff opponent like the NHL

nah I'm just joking sebe but if anyone would do it it would be you

I dont have a binder, i just use my memory, some dudes just play so badly its easy to remember, others u just get to play so much that u just cant forget how they play. Gameplans and executions is what its all about otherwise ur gonna stay noob forever....

I wouldn't doubt it- dat gnukka crazy

StraightJacket.jpg?t=1248737442

Nothing wrong with being a little crazy brah!! LOL!!!

Could type until my finger tips are raw about some of the more arcane and obtuse aspects of the game that can make a big difference as the competition is very tight.. Like learning to poke check the puck out of the air to thwart break out passes from goal tenders.. People who like that sort of thing, would probably like that sort of thing..

But I offered to publish a 12 step program; a collaborative strategy guide that would be distilled into a PDF. Never came to fruition as no one seemed interested at the time.

Having the original "strategy guide" I can say with conviction that it's nothing more than an extra booster seat for your kids high chair - and would double nicely as a diaper... Nothing more than a glorified manual with stats from the season and virtually no tips what so ever.

If you are really desperate for help you could always ask Zoltar:

2iqijys.jpg