NHL'94 Forums

Fall 2009 Season Status

Evan

Hey coaches,

I'd like to thank all the active coaches for keeping the pace thus far this season. You guys are making the season go very smooth. Let's try to keep it up to wrap up the season. Just a reminder, you need 32 games played by Monday November 30th.

Let's try to get a busy weekend of games going, though I know it may be hard with all the traveling over the next few days. If anyone notices coaches who disappear or are going to be away for some time, try to help us get informed of this type of stuff soon as possible.

Keep up the great work guys!

-Evan

i have 30gms played at this point. but, im having computer issues and cant play for the next couple days it looks like, but i should be ready to go again by mid next week at the latest.

Ok, thanks for letting us know. Guess it wasn't a problem being you hit the mark already.

-Evan

Me too and I'm actually closer to 40 games now. Just letting you guys know.

Me too and I'm actually closer to 40 games now. Just letting you guys know.

Thanks for letting us know. Yes, you have 37 games at this point so you're good.

-Evan

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Tomorrow is the deadline, so please make an effort to finish those last few games up. Lots of you guys have already completed your games which is awesome. Remember, all league games have meaning even if you're not playoff bound. All coaches made a commitment to play, and lack of playing goes on your "track record".

Good luck guys!

-Evan

I'm f'd though. I don't think the Calgary coach will play his 3 games against Detroit. Which means Detroit get three free FF wins and end season with one more point than me and get the last playoff spot :(

Guess it's better to not finish all games in time. Will remember that next season.

Edited by chaos

I'm f'd though. I don't think the Calgary coach will play his 3 games against Detroit. Which means Detroit get three free FF wins and end season with one more point than me and get the last playoff spot :(

Guess it's better to not finish all games in time. Will remember that next season.

That seems a tad.. unfair.

On a different note: I apologize for not being able to wrap up the gens C season. I missed mikesnyder on saturday and He wasn't around today.

We will look at the situation after the deadline if Calgary doesn't get their games in and try to make a fair decision.

What do you mean by this? The deadlines are in place and that is when the games are due. It is encouraged to finish your games before the deadlines, but the deadlines are also that - a deadline.

Congrats on finishing your games early. It shows that you are dedicated.

What do you mean by this? The deadlines are in place and that is when the games are due. It is encouraged to finish your games before the deadlines, but the deadlines are also that - a deadline.

Congrats on finishing your games early. It shows that you are dedicated.

Well...He means why bother being dedicated if it doesn't get you into the playoffs.

He is playing to make the playoffs and potentially win

If not playing his last 5 get him into the playoffs as apposed to playing the last 5....he would opt to not play and get in.

Just clarifying :(

how do dnps get decided? are points awarded for dnps? I think thats kind of dumb as the one guy was saying becuase if someone is hard to get in contact with you are almost better served to not play them and get the free wins which shouldnt be how wins are earned

how do dnps get decided? are points awarded for dnps? I think thats kind of dumb as the one guy was saying becuase if someone is hard to get in contact with you are almost better served to not play them and get the free wins which shouldnt be how wins are earned

Yea, exactly. I played schwartz in my last game a couple of weeks ago and lost. Could have waited and just posted a thread one week before the deadline asking for schwartz. If he doesn't reply I get my free win and a playoff spot.

At the same time I understand it's frustrating for BobKudelski26 (Detroit) who have been looking for Calgary for a week now or something.

But shouldn't be very hard to finish the season some weeks before the last deadline for anyone. a couple of NHL94 games a day doesn't take that much time.

At the very least as players, we should be encouraged to finish our games. It's like a contract; if we sign it we stick ourselves in living up to it without problems. Fortunately, there's no small fine print that gives us a different clause that screws us over. If we don't make the playoffs, at least we can save face and if someone by chance who has a better record but has lots of DNPs for some reason or another the other guy at least must be rewarded for really putting an effort to play games.

FPB, we got a pending game. I missed it when we made our series. Be good to go soon!

Yea, exactly. I played schwartz in my last game a couple of weeks ago and lost. Could have waited and just posted a thread one week before the deadline asking for schwartz. If he doesn't reply I get my free win and a playoff spot.

At the same time I understand it's frustrating for BobKudelski26 (Detroit) who have been looking for Calgary for a week now or something.

But shouldn't be very hard to finish the season some weeks before the last deadline for anyone. a couple of NHL94 games a day doesn't take that much time.

I'm the SNES Detroit coach and I'm trying to set up a game with Calgary. I emailed him about tonight. Hopefully we can work something out.

I believe Evan found another player to play out calgary's games. Bob - I should be on aim most of the day..contact me and we'll sort it out.

We have a new replacement for SNES Calgary. He's playing his 4 games with Schwartz (Vancouver) now and is hoping BobKudelski26 is online this afternoon. Bob, if you read this contact "acronis" on AIM for games. We haven't gotten him into the database yet but his contact info is on the SNES waiting list.

-Evan

Hey, I'm at work until 5:30pm, then dinner time and my final dodgeball game of the year at 9:00 (eastern).

I am hoping the new Calgary guy is available at either 7:00 / 7:30 or 10:30. I'll email him.

(from my other post)

Hey Bob,

Chozo is my coworker and he can't play games this evening. If needed I could jump in play the games tonight unless you can play earlier. My AIM is goldparalax.

-Evan