NHL'94 Forums

...AND WE'RE OFF!

PRoBob38

Alright folks we're ready to go. Teams are finalized, schedules are created, divisions have been formed, all this info is coming right now. Read on!

League Schedule

Pretty simple, we have 12 players in A, 12 in B. There are 3 divisions in each league (West, Central, and East). You play a total of 28 games, 14 home, 14 away. Each division has 4 teams. In your division, you play 12 games. 4 (2 home, 2 away) against each divisional opponent. Outside your division, you play 16 games. 2 (1 home, 1 away) against each player in your league but not in your division.

So now the question becomes, where is all this info? Well, one of the worst kept secrets of all-time is finally revelealed:

Danlizhot created a website for this league. With the help of smozoma, we now have a site for the Gens 2012 league where we will be able to log games, and have standings and schedules inputed into the system, just like on here for classic. The site includes all downloads necessary for the league if you have not downloaded already, a link to this forum, a page for standings, a master scoreboard with every league game score and matchup, and a user profile page. BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING ON THE SITE, CLICK "USER PROFILE" TO SET YOUR PASSWORD! TO DO THIS, ENTER YOUR USERNAME AS IT IS LISTED ON THE SITE'S HOMEPAGE, AND THE PASSWORD "gens2012." FROM THERE, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD TO WHATEVER YOU CHOOSE. Logging game results is the same as it is on the classic site, the only difference is that the away team does not need to confirm. The home team logs and the score is submitted. If there is an error, just let me know and I will change it. If the home team does not log the score for whatever reason, the road team can simply just post the result on this forum.

Basic League Rules

Very similar to last season, the major change is that we will do 5 minute periods this season rather than 7, due to popular demand. Cases can be made both ways, but due to the popular opinion in addition to the fact that the season is longer, we will do 5 minute periods. Line changes and offsides will stay the same, line changes are "ON" and penalties/offides are "ON."

Playoffs

Pretty much... TBA. I'm hoping to base it on divisional standings to avoid conflict of strength of schedule making a significant impact on playoff positions. That'll be sorted out soon.

Deadlines

28 game schedule, let's try to get it done by January 13th. I'll post a guideline of how we can achieve that later tonight after I study a calendar some.

If I missed anything, let me know. Good luck all. Huge thanks to danlizhot for making the site and he asked me to give a shout-out to smozoma for assisting him. Thank you to kingraph and Robbie for helping me out as well.

Let the games begin!

Awesome stuff guys! Well done Probob for getting this season sorted out & running.............and major kudos to Danliz for making a website! Absolutely incredible that we´ve progressed to having our own dedicated site!

Just one thing.................5 minute periods?!!! Why on earth? 7 was perfect, & I fear that the checking line will no longer see much time on the ice except for tactically defending a lead. Real shame. What was the rationale put forward for that just out of interest?

That aside, really looking forward to it now, and great work again to you guys who have set everything up for season 2!!!

The temporary password is nhl2012, not gens2012 ;)

the website link is : aspspider.net/nhl2012

Sorry, I was in a rush once I was informed that the mcrib is back... Thanks for fixing that. And I'm a bit embarassed that I forgot the most important part... The link to the site I just hyped up. lol.

Edit: just read AIM messages from zalex and kupuck, smartasses. I take it back, I'm NOT sorry :-P

Edited by PRoBob38

Awesome stuff guys! Well done Probob for getting this season sorted out & running.............and major kudos to Danliz for making a website! Absolutely incredible that we´ve progressed to having our own dedicated site!

Just one thing.................5 minute periods?!!! Why on earth? 7 was perfect, & I fear that the checking line will no longer see much time on the ice except for tactically defending a lead. Real shame. What was the rationale put forward for that just out of interest?

That aside, really looking forward to it now, and great work again to you guys who have set everything up for season 2!!!

Thank you, and the arguement was that the games simply took to long to play.

Thank you, and the arguement was that the games simply took to long to play.

I totally disagree. I think with line changes 7 minutes is absolutely perfect. Oh well

I've just been informed that Halifax is joining Gens D. Registration is now closed. Good luck Halifax!

haha if he doesn't make the deadline can i replace him? :P

so many crazy good players in this league.

toto,iv'e got a feeling were not in c league anymore

I've just been informed that Halifax is joining Gens D. Registration is now closed. Good luck Halifax!

thnks bud...lookin forward to getting all my games done.

Dan, great job! We should all meet at Ron's Bar and buy you drinks. B)

I don't mind 5 minute periods, but we managed to get all games played in '11 with 7.

Hey. Why did no one think of this before?!!!! General Discussion on the forum should be changed to "Ron´s Barr" lol. Gotta be done! Halifax, get it changed! haha

I loved 7 minute periods with line changes on. In my opinion going to 5 dumbs it down. I thought season 1 had the feeling of a league for the serious, committed players. 5 minutes perhaps makes it more accessible, but the games & the league lose a little edge as a result I feel. Like you said, we got over 96% of games played last season, so obviously it wasn´t a major problem!

7 minutes is obviously for the purists! Added something to the line change tactics IMO.

It´s a minor thing though. Still the best 94 rom there is, an awesome league & the only place you can competitively play with real day teams & players!