NHL'94 Forums

Blitz 07 - Draft Round 1

smozoma

Sorry for the confusion, always some issues to work out when trying something new. Going to do the rest of the 1st round on the forum since it's easier to do protections.

The first round is a free round. There are a couple complications, though, which is why I'm holding the first round on the forum and not on the website.

You can still use the website for player/roster reference:

Player Attribute Table (note that some protected players still appear -- check the list below for protections)

Last Year's Rosters (use dropdown to check other teams)

How it works... it's kind of like both the first and second rounds are happening at the same time.

When it's your pick (1st round):

1. Pick the player you want (who hasn't been drafted/protected yet).

2. Tell the coach who had the player last season that you picked him, so they can make their protection pick (if they're not on AIM, PM them so they get an email).

3. Inform the next coach that it's their turn to pick (if they're not on AIM, PM them so they get an email).

When a player on your Last Year's team gets picked:

1. Post which of your remaining players you protect. This is your 2nd round pick. Use the word 'protect' in your post so there's no confusion about whether you're making a free pick or a protection pick ("I protect Kelly Hrudey").

Please do the protection pick quickly, so guys don't try to draft the player you want to protect, causing confusion.

You could also send me a PM ahead of time with the top two players you'd protect, so once I see one of your guys got picked, I'd post your protection. Title the PM "Round 2 Protection" (otherwise i always end up with a bunch of PMs called 'picks' and I don't know what's what :))

1        CGY     Rage93                 BOURQUE R.      (MACINNIS protected by mcarthurbsu33)
2        NYR     BoKnowsNHL94           LEMIEUX M.      (SAKIC protected by PerennialChoker)
3        WSH     gretzkyonacold         MOGILNY         (COURTNALL G. protected by minpind)
4        PIT     PerennialChoker        YZERMAN         (BLAKE protected by Freydey32)
5        HFD     maverickz161@          LINDROS         (FUHR protected by BoKnowsNHL94)
6        DAL     KingRaph               SELANNE         (BELFOUR protected by da94wookiee)
7        VAN     hokkeefan2             BURE            (ZALAPSKI protected by Houly8)
8        ANH     canadiensfan66         ROENICK         (TURGEON protected by Zalex)
9        DET     dcicon5148             GARTNER         (TIKKANEN protected by canadiensfan66)
10       T.B     Sicarius Fulgur        NEELY           (MESSIER protected by Sicarius Fulgar)
11       OTT     xdeathsbloodx          HULL            (LAFONTAINE protected by Kupuck)
12       STL     Iceguy94               SANDSTROM       (HATCHER K. protected by xdeathsbloodx)
13	 S.J	 houly8	                KLIMA           (no protection required)
14	 BOS	 Pearate	        JAGR            (FLEURY protected by snoboarder3211)
15	 BUF	 Icestorm NHL94	        ROY             (GRETZKY protected by Pearate)
16	 WPG	 eggink444	        MODANO          (ROBITAILLE protected by hokkeefan)
17	 CHI	 Zalex1414	        MULLER          (CHELIOS protected by Iceguy94)
18	 N.J	 mcarthurbsu33	        FEDOROV         (STEVENS S. protected by Icestorm NHL94)
19	 PHI	 snoboarder3211	        IAFRATE         (ESSENSA protected by eggink444)
20	 QUE	 kupuckNHL94	        OATES           (SUNDIN protected by Rage93)
21	 MTL	 Freydey32	        COFFEY          (CICCARELLI protected by dcicon5148)
22	 TOR	 da94wookiee	        GILMOUR         (no protection required)
23	 EDM	 minpind	        LARMER          (no protection required)
24	 FLA	 PRoBob38	

* coloured names mean nothing, it's how the forum formats it (words starting with capitals are purple..)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I have heard, canadiensfan66 was going to take Roenick, but I haven't heard it from him.. can anyone confirm?

If Roenick is taken, Zalex protects Turgeon.

Montreal protects Blake

TB picks Cam Neely and protects Mark Messier.

With the 1.12 pick, St. Louis welcomes back Tomas Sandstrom.

Edited by RedWingDevil

Iceguy, did you lose someone??

Right. You can't protect Kirk Muller if you haven't already lost someone in RD1. Muller can only be protected in RD2 if no one has taken him in round 1, or if none of your other players have been taken in RD1...............no confusion here is there?! lol

1	 CGY	 Rage93	        	BOURQUE R.	(MACINNIS protected by mcarthurbsu33)
2	 NYR	 BoKnowsNHL94		LEMIEUX M.	(SAKIC protected by PerennialChoker)
3	 WSH	 gretzkyonacold		MOGILNY		(COURTNALL G. protected by minpind)
4	 PIT	 PerennialChoker	YZERMAN		(BLAKE protected by Freydey32)
5	 HFD	 maverickz161@		LINDROS		(FUHR protected by BoKnowsNHL94)
6	 DAL	 KingRaph		SELANNE		(BELFOUR protected by da94wookiee)
7	 VAN	 hokkeefan2		BURE		(ZALAPSKI protected by Houly8)
8	 ANH	 canadiensfan66	        ROENICK
9	 DET	 dcicon5148	        GARTNER
10	 T.B	 Sicarius Fulgur	NEELY           (MESSIER protected by Sicarius Fulgar)
11	 OTT	 xdeathsbloodx	        HULL
12	 STL	 Iceguy94	        SANDSTROM
13	 S.J	 houly8	
14	 BOS	 Pearate	
15	 BUF	 Icestorm NHL94	
16	 WPG	 eggink444	
17	 CHI	 Zalex1414	
18	 N.J	 mcarthurbsu33	
19	 PHI	 snoboarder3211	
20	 QUE	 kupuckNHL94	
21	 MTL	 Freydey32	
22	 TOR	 da94wookiee	
23	 EDM	 minpind	
24	 FLA	 PRoBob38	

This is how it looks I believe? Also, Can Sicarius protect Messier after picking Neely who he had last season anyway? Does it work like that?

Messier is, in fact still available to be drafted in RD1 right?

Edit: So with Sicarius being able to protect Messier it looks like above right now

Yes. That is totally acceptable.

I don't get it? Not saying Sicarius is doing anything wrong, just want to understand. If Sicarius has made his RD1 pick and has yet to lose anyone from his team............how can he already elect to protect anyone? Seems that's exactly what Iceguy was doing and wasn't allowed to?

I'm confused :blink:

I don't get it? Not saying Sicarius is doing anything wrong, just want to understand. If Sicarius has made his RD1 pick and has yet to lose anyone from his team............how can he already elect to protect anyone? Seems that's exactly what Iceguy was doing and wasn't allowed to?

I'm confused :blink:

His #1 pick was on his team last year.

His #1 pick was on his team last year.

Right, so by using your RD1 pick on an existing player u get the right to protect 1 of ur RD2 protect picks automatically?

I made sure with Smoz that was part of the rules. If you draft someone on your team from last year you then get to protect a player as well. It's the same as if Neely had been drafted by someone else then my protect kicks in. Except I'm the one drafting Neely.

I made sure with Smoz that was part of the rules. If you draft someone on your team from last year you then get to protect a player as well. It's the same as if Neely had been drafted by someone else then my protect kicks in. Except I'm the one drafting Neely.

Got it. That's pretty nice for you! 2 top picks in RD1 basically! Hell of a partnership there with those two!

Got it. That's pretty nice for you! 2 top picks in RD1 basically! Hell of a partnership there with those two!

I'm guessing I would have anyway. Had I taken Oates or someone higher than Neely I figure Neely would have gone some what quick. Then I would have protected Messier that way also.

I'm guessing I would have anyway. Had I taken Oates or someone higher than Neely I figure Neely would have gone some what quick. Then I would have protected Messier that way also.

Yeah, I understand it now

1	 CGY	 Rage93	        	BOURQUE R.	(MACINNIS protected by mcarthurbsu33)
2	 NYR	 BoKnowsNHL94		LEMIEUX M.	(SAKIC protected by PerennialChoker)
3	 WSH	 gretzkyonacold		MOGILNY		(COURTNALL G. protected by minpind)
4	 PIT	 PerennialChoker	YZERMAN		(BLAKE protected by Freydey32)
5	 HFD	 maverickz161@		LINDROS		(FUHR protected by BoKnowsNHL94)
6	 DAL	 KingRaph		SELANNE		(BELFOUR protected by da94wookiee)
7	 VAN	 hokkeefan2		BURE		(ZALAPSKI protected by Houly8)
8	 ANH	 canadiensfan66	        ROENICK         (TURGEON protected by Zalex)
9	 DET	 dcicon5148	        GARTNER
10	 T.B	 Sicarius Fulgur	NEELY           (MESSIER protected by Sicarius Fulgar)
11	 OTT	 xdeathsbloodx	        HULL            (LAFONTAINE protected by Kupuck)
12	 STL	 Iceguy94	        SANDSTROM       (HATCHER K. protected by xdeathsbloodx)
13	 S.J	 houly8	
14	 BOS	 Pearate	
15	 BUF	 Icestorm NHL94	
16	 WPG	 eggink444	
17	 CHI	 Zalex1414	
18	 N.J	 mcarthurbsu33	
19	 PHI	 snoboarder3211	
20	 QUE	 kupuckNHL94	
21	 MTL	 Freydey32	
22	 TOR	 da94wookiee	
23	 EDM	 minpind	
24	 FLA	 PRoBob38	

Forgot to add that Zalex was protecting Turgeon. Just to help everyone see up to date what's happening

Edit: xdeathbloodx's & Kupuck's protect picks added

Xdeath is protecting K. Hatcher also, so you can add that to the list.

just a note, in case people don't know this:

say I have 3 good players, AA, BB, and CC.

If AA gets drafted, and I protect BB, then actually CC is available to be drafted in the first round.

I'd have to see the ratings on CC

CC sounds like he could be of the opposite gender too, so CC would have to undergo a physical.

Edited by Sicarius